Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: BM wins 27.3 Million on lotto

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

BM wins 27.3 Million on lotto

No a BM didn't win lotto,

But if you won a large sum of money what would you do with it? Winning lotto changes most people do you think you would change? Would you buy a big fancy house?

For the cheap Charlie's would you start eating at those flash places we have discussed a few times. 55

Family comes first. My brother in Auckland is widowed, alone and struggling financially and physically with small everyday things like supermarket shopping
    I'd buy him one of those pull-along shopping trundlers to improve his lifestyle, and if he needed them, maybe some comfortable walking shoes as well

He could even choose the colour
    Quarky, Minder, PeteGill and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Just live in a few different places all year.
    Boston/NYC/Chicago.....A bit of SEA and then travel to all the countries I want to see....
    Juat be global

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Give no one nothing, fcuk em all, kick the wife back to LOS with nothing and keep it all to myself .....
    Quarky, Rockitt and YankeeDK like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Just kidding ... i think the hardest thing to decide in terms of helping family out is your kids .... giving money to bothers, sisters, mums and dads is easy, in my case from both countries ( LOS and NZ) set an amount thats fair and workable and give it ..

But you own kids is a really hard one, and i have thought about it often ..... you can't make their life too easy, but you wanna help them, this would take a lot of thought because by being to generous you could really screw them up ..

For me i would quit or give away all my business's effective immediately, not one more day would i work, instead i would go to work on myself, having the time to do fitness, yoga, eat well, ( superfoods ) would just be awesome ...

The rest of my time i would just make up as i go along ... travel, learn, who knows, millions of things to do, but not much planning required
    Minder and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Just kidding ... i think the hardest thing to decide in terms of helping family out is your kids .... giving money to bothers, sisters, mums and dads is easy, in my case from both countries ( LOS and NZ) set an amount thats fair and workable and give it ..

But you own kids is a really hard one, and i have thought about it often ..... you can't make their life too easy, but you wanna help them, this would take a lot of thought because by being to generous you could really screw them up ..

For me i would quit or give away all my business's effective immediately, not one more day would i work, instead i would go to work on myself, having the time to do fitness, yoga, eat well, ( superfoods ) would just be awesome ...

The rest of my time i would just make up as i go along ... travel, learn, who knows, millions of things to do, but not much planning required
    Working on myself is what I have done since selling my business in 2014. Its taken 3 years but the jobs done now. .. 55

Yes the kids are a hard one and something I had to think about a lot when doing my will earlier in the year. I have never given my kids hand outs have always taught them to work for the rewards just like my parents did to me.

I think a small lump sum or a average house would do the job for the kids. Then set up some sort of investment for when they are a bit older maybe mid 30's

The one thing that I would do is not want people to know how much I won.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

The one thing that I would do is not want people to know how much I won.
    Yeah it defo pays to tick that little box ... not for publication or whatever it is .....

Just can't buy a red Ferrari tomorrow thats all ..555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

What if you lost the ticket? What if you showed a buddy and your mate stabbed and killed you and took the ticker. Would have to sign the back of it as soon as you knew you won.
    Quarky and Sydney like this.

geez, your paranoia setting in already and you haven't even one yet ..555

Being registered for lotto is a must, so each time you buy it doesn't matter if you loose the ticket .... but when you register you can then sign the little box that if you win its not for publication ... this way the lotto board cannot publish any of your details to anyone, they can only ring you to say you have won, they can't even roll the big red ball around to your house if you believe the ads ..55

Once they have rung you, you can then put on your big hat, fake moustache and big overcoat and cruise into the lotto office to prove your ID and give them the bank account your want you money put into ... as you come out of the lotto office, keep you head pointed at the ground ...555

Then try to remember not to buy the red Ferrari the next day ....

But most importantly don't forget the BM in this forum who gave you all this FREE advice .... !!
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.

But most importantly don't forget the BM in this forum who gave you all this FREE advice .... !!
    Geeze if I won I wouldn't tell you lot........55 You would all want me to by tickets to LOS and pay your BF's.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Geeze if I won I wouldn't tell you lot........55 You would all want me to by tickets to LOS and pay your BF's.
    You'd be safer telling the mate with the knife ... 555
    Quarky, Sydney and OZZYGUY like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Here is an idea I like ... and I would give credit to the Hollywood success who said he did this with his own kids if I could remember who he was .....each Xmas he gave them ten times what they had earned themselves thru the year ....
    Chob likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

That brings up a really good topic.
    Besides winning the lottery, how much do you help your kids in general with what you have now?

In my line of work, I see so many guys who grew up with very stable families that have been able to help them and it really sets people up.

My friend Chuck for instance.....
    His dad gave him down payment for his condo, which he then sold for a profit and moved to his townhouse, another profit and then his parents gave him 150k toward his house that cost 1.5mil at the time.
    It is now worth 3-4mil dollars and will set him and his kids up for a good but not coddled life.

I have had to scrape and claw for anything I had and it can be tiring.

It's finding that balance to give your kid's an easier but not too easy life

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    each Xmas he gave them ten times what they had earned themselves thru the year ....
    You'd need to be a millionaire if you were my nieces father - she's studying full time and still managed to put $18K in the bank for the year !

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Here is an idea I like ... and I would give credit to the Hollywood success who said he did this with his own kids if I could remember who he was .....each Xmas he gave them ten times what they had earned themselves thru the year ....
    Wow that's pretty good, doesn't cover though if they have a undenying passion for something that makes them seriously happy in life ( but is constuctive in some way) , but earns them fuck all, if anything ...
    Chob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That brings up a really good topic.
    Besides winning the lottery, how much do you help your kids in general with what you have now?

In my line of work, I see so many guys who grew up with very stable families that have been able to help them and it really sets people up.

My friend Chuck for instance.....
    His dad gave him down payment for his condo, which he then sold for a profit and moved to his townhouse, another profit and then his parents gave him 150k toward his house that cost 1.5mil at the time.
    It is now worth 3-4mil dollars and will set him and his kids up for a good but not coddled life.

I have had to scrape and claw for anything I had and it can be tiring.

It's finding that balance to give your kid's an easier but not too easy life
    My parents lent me $2000. I brought a air compressor, spray gun and some other tools. I did some repair jobs and paid every cent back in a few months.

My kids get much the same. Work hard and make your own future IMO.

My parents lent me $2000. I brought a air compressor, spray gun and some other tools. I did some repair jobs and paid every cent back in a few months.

My kids get much the same. Work hard and make your own future IMO.
    Sure......But out of all my friends who have been given help, I can't think of one that is in any way entitled or not hard working .....
    They just had a little help along the way.

As I said, it is a balance you have to figure out if you want to go down that route
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sure......But out of all my friends who have been given help, I can't think of one that is in any way entitled or not hard working .....
    They just had a little help along the way.

As I said, it is a balance you have to figure out if you want to go down that route
    I guess if I had more help from the parents I would have just arrived where I am 10 years earlier and retired at 36.......... Maybe started my travel thread earlier.. 555
    Quarky likes this.

I guess if I had more help from the parents I would have just arrived where I am 10 years earlier and retired at 36.......... Maybe started my travel thread earlier.. 555
    Thats not a given at all ... having more at the start can completely changed how you did things, and altered your path ..... although i don't know how much your parents actually had to give, but if it was endless, you wouldn't have being as careful with it

Sometimes less is more !
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Pay off the kids' mortgages.
    That frees up a lot of funds to make life easier.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast