Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dedicated Airline Thread

  1. #1
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167

    Dedicated Airline Thread

    Has there being a dedicated airline thread ? ... i tried to find one, ... anyway if not this is now it ! ..55

    Has anyone ever flown Vietnam Airlines ? .. just they are the only carrier i can find that fly direct sydney to ho chi minh city ... 8 hours only, rather than the usual 5 hour BKK stopover ... and cheap too ..

    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,189
    I have, went Manila to Hanoi in April. However I fly a bit and cannot remember what they are like.. 55

    I cannot remember them being bad so I guess that's a start.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Yes and I liked them.
    Very similar to Thai Airways

    Good planes, good service


    But I flew them within Vietnam, not international

  4. #4
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yes and I liked them.
    Very similar to Thai Airways

    Good planes, good service


    But I flew them within Vietnam, not international
    Thanks ............ to me they seem a bit of a unknown carrier, dont really hear much about them, ( maybe a good thing)
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I have, went Manila to Hanoi in April. However I fly a bit and cannot remember what they are like.. 55

    I cannot remember them being bad so I guess that's a start.
    ummmmm ... thanks, i guess ..555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ummmmm ... thanks, i guess ..555
    You are very welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,555
    Sydney likes this.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Thanks ............ to me they seem a bit of a unknown carrier, dont really hear much about them, ( maybe a good thing)
    Usually an airlines International flights are better than their domestic and their doemstic is pretty good.


    Also, look at this site.
    If you search sometimes you can find someone who reviews the exact flight you are considering, so gives you a really good idea


    http://www.airlinequality.com/airlin...tnam-airlines/
    Sydney likes this.

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    ^^ yeah thats a good site .. i do get a little confused when reading reviews however, as it seems to go from one end of the scale to the other, but the top section that gives the rating overall gives some guide ...

    And even after all that, there is something more strangely secure, hearing it from someone on a forum like here, i have no reasoning or logic behind this however ..555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^ yeah thats a good site .. i do get a little confused when reading reviews however, as it seems to go from one end of the scale to the other, but the top section that gives the rating overall gives some guide ...

    And even after all that, there is something more strangely secure, hearing it from someone on a forum like here, i have no reasoning or logic behind this however ..555
    Well you kind of know us.....So you put more faith in it.

    I read TA a lot and you kind of get able to figure out when someone is just a pain in the ass and likes to complain over a valid complaint
    Minder likes this.

  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    ^^^ yes true, and a well traveled bunch on many different airlines as well that should know a good carrier from a bad one ..

    We even have an insider thats works directly with them all everyday .... very handy

    Which gave me the thought of this thread to build on ....
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,389
    Do you guys have a holiday today in Australia?

    Canada is observing Boxing Day tomorrow so must have the day off.
    I will be on the office solo because the US market is open

  12. #12
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    yep .... yesterday boxing day ( monday ) and today (tues) to make up for Xmas falling on a Sunday ..

    hence why i am spewing all my dribble everywhere on the forum today ... its being fun .... 55
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Has there being a dedicated airline thread ? ... i tried to find one, ... anyway if not this is now it ! ..55

    Has anyone ever flown Vietnam Airlines ? .. just they are the only carrier i can find that fly direct sydney to ho chi minh city ... 8 hours only, rather than the usual 5 hour BKK stopover ... and cheap too ..

    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    A mate just returned from Vietnam and Cambo with them, said they were good. They now fly all Dreamliners out of Melbourne, anyone remember that Youtube clip of their 787 flying like a jet fighter?
    Sydney likes this.

  14. #14
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    remember the clip ... but "their" ... as in VA ? .. or just Boeing flying you mean
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    ^ It was a Dreamliner destined for VA in the flight.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,189
    I came back from China last week with Scoot air on one of the dreamliners, Awesome plane, smooth fast and lots of leg room.

    It was my first time with Scoot. They really impressed me and I will defiantly be flying more with them. On time, great service even arrived 30 minutes early. The price was only $208AUD Guangzhou China to Perth via Singapore ($150 cheaper than Air Asia).

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,563
    ^ No TV screens tho' right?
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  18. #18
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I came back from China last week with Scoot air on one of the dreamliners, Awesome plane, smooth fast and lots of leg room.

    It was my first time with Scoot. They really impressed me and I will defiantly be flying more with them. On time, great service even arrived 30 minutes early. The price was only $208AUD Guangzhou China to Perth via Singapore ($150 cheaper than Air Asia).
    gez thats cheap ... cheaper then some internal flights here in AUs ..555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ No TV screens tho' right?
    Correct....... they are a budget airline.

  20. #20
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    If you play up on Korean airlines, they have the green light to "Taser" you now.
    Thanks Richard Marx....555

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •