Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: That will do 2016 ... that-ill do ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

That will do 2016 ... that-ill do ...

Only 5 hours to go here in Sydney .. seems hard to comprehend in one way ... fastest year for me thats for sure, a lot happened in just 365 days ..

Brief re-cap ... My 4WD got totaled by a run away truck, made a trip to NZ with my 2 kids, renovated our factory, multiple water skiing trips, averaged about 80 hrs a week at work, multiple weekend camping trips in our new campervan, continued to build/setup my 3rd business, my relationship with JK grew stronger, now in its 7th year .... did some posts on TD ..55

All in all a most successful and enjoyable year ..

How about you guys ? ... and whats everyone up to for NYE ?

2017 has a lot install for us, way to many plans and wishes, and once again only another 365 days to do it all ...

Wishing everyone an eventful New Years Eve night and a even better, healthy and prosperous 2017 !

Edit: Tried to find a pic from this year with both us in it, but couldn't .. 55 ..this will do as it will be a fond memory for me this year with the start of our adventures on our new self-built campervan ..

Last edited by Sydney; 31st December 2016 at 18:22.
    wabbits, Nomad, Moo Uaon and 3 others like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    2017 was a great year at work.
    A lot of what I have been working for came to fruition

I realized this year that I have a great job. Work 7hrs/day, take as much time off as I want, my business trips are busy but always fun and I love the guys I work with.
    And I really can do what I want in terms of the direction I take my division.

I also realized I really love living in Vancouver. It is just so lively of a city with tons of outdoor activities.
    It felt like home this year, took a long time.

My relationship was up and down this year and honestly, I'm at peace however it ends up. But will still work on it.
    So I am sort of single in a way, and not really hating that.

2017..... Still have some good clients coming in, a really big one in January that I have worked on for over a year.
    One of the best parts is they are in Chicago and I have gotten to spend a lot of time there......I'd live there part time if I could.

I want to take a bit more road trips. Down to Montana/Dakota's/Idaho
    And I want to do a lot more outdoor activities, starting with getting back to skiing regularly after I get back from business in late January.

That's all and looking forward to it.
    Nomad, slampay, obes and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Only 5 hours to go here in Sydney .. seems hard to comprehend in one way ... fastest year for me thats for sure, a lot happened in just 365 days ..

Brief re-cap ... My 4WD got totaled by a run away truck, made a trip to NZ with my 2 kids, renovated our factory, multiple water skiing trips, averaged about 80 hrs a week at work, multiple weekend camping trips in our new campervan, continued to build/setup my 3rd business, my relationship with JK grew stronger, now in its 7th year .... did some posts on TD ..55

All in all a most successful and enjoyable year ..

How about you guys ? ... and whats everyone up to for NYE ?

2017 has a lot install for us, way to many plans and wishes, and once again only another 365 days to do it all ...

Wishing everyone an eventful New Years Eve night and a even better, healthy and prosperous 2017 !

Edit: Tried to find a pic from this year with both us in it, but couldn't .. 55 ..this will do as it will be a fond memory for me this year with the start of our adventures on our new self-built campervan ..

If you work 80hrs/wk what is your schedule like?
    12 hour days or so? What times?

If it's your business and you love it...... Nothing wrong with that

^^ How far from the snow are you ? ... i watch a van dwelling guy on YT who can get to the snow in about 30 mins from hos work ... he does night skiing after work which coming from where i live just sounds awesome ... have being watching a lot of vids coming out of VC, it really sounds like a place i could easy live in ...

Road trips ! ..... something can be said for the old adage, dont leave home till you have seen the country ...

Outdoor activities ! ... this is where i feel most alive and happy, a feeling of where i belong

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Have a great new year mate...Glad you had a good 2016

I just had the best year of my life........ 2015 I never thought in my wildest dreams I would top it off but WOW 2016 was just awesome.

January, we were at my wife's place in Cebu and met up with some local mountain bike dudes for riding, beer and lots of fun and got to scuba with the whale sharks.

Feb went to Phuket with the wife for some upgrades she had been saving for….55

April ... mmm this was a crazy month first a night in Bangkok and they wouldn't let us in the rooftop bars. Something to do with some short shorts they recon...55 Next day flu to Cambodia and see Ankor wat. WOW what a great 3 days and something we both always wanted to see. Back to Bangers for a night then to Cebu to get married to the most amazing lady. After 2 weeks we headed to Vietnam did a HaLong bay cruse as recommended by KR. Headed to Hanoi for 30 cent beers then down to Danang. Hired a motor bike and rode the Ho Ci Min trail with my good lady and went nicky swimming in a waterfall. After a few weeks touring around Vietnam headed home.

July we both headed to the airport once again. I took off to LA with my travel buddy Chris and Janice flu home for 5 weeks. Caught up with M26, Dupree and Forbes in Vancouver, Ian took lots of photos just waiting to see him post them again, Did some extreme downhill mountain biking in Whistler came off first day and busted up a bit but after a few days back on the bike. Headed to Sacramento hired a RV and did a mountain biking road trip through CA. Flu to Denver hired a car drove to LA over a few weeks riding Americas best trails. . Got told off in LV drifting a corvette on a race track like isn't that what I paid for...555

December went to Bali for a mates 60th great trip but way to much booze. Wife came home and as you know I headed to China for a week.

Tonight we are heading out on the town with the crew that we were with in Bali.

2017. Booked Bangkok, Chiang mai and Samui for March then will head to Cebu and Hong Kong. I may end up in China again that trip. The plan is to bring the wifes little one to Aust as long as the visa is approved. June I'm booked on another mountain biking trip into Indo with 9 buddy's from home. I would like to get to Chiang mai again later in the year maybe even NZ. Hopefully our partner visa will get approved in 2017.
    But honestly I need to slow down on the travel but I'm just obsessed with it...55

I got this building project I'm doing and plan to be done by the end of 2017 that will keep me busy.

I guess in 2018 I will think about going back to work.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 31st December 2016 at 19:28.
    wabbits, Sydney and Nomad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If you work 80hrs/wk what is your schedule like?
    12 hour days or so? What times?

If it's your business and you love it...... Nothing wrong with that

Love it, its what i do ... start at 9.00 generally, and can easy work to 12.00 pm , 80 hrs is probably a easy week ..55 dont often work Sunday but ... and of coarse some weekends we aren't here at all ..

For the last 5 years i have invested an enormous amount of time into two different app business's ... the first 3 years was Many Menus, we failed, needed much more money for marketing to gain some traction into that space ... , after 3 years of time and 150K in money we ( had a partner in that one ) gave up .. i had to move on, as we gave in the main operator here in AUSDS ( Menulog ) sold there operation for 700 million dollars to a European company .. unbelievable

Then in the last 2 years i have being developing another subscription based app called Pack N Ships for the ecommerce space ... its a dispatch app that integrates with all the major sales channels .. eBay, Big Commerce, Magento etc, we also integrate with the Australian Carriers, so its a dispatch app designed to speed e tailors in dispatching there products ... i launch this in Feb 2017 ... first in Australia and then we will integrate with UPS, fedex etc and try and crack the US market ...

Love it ... but so complex, and so many hours ...

Through all this JK has being my savouir ... she essentially runs our other 2 business's in terms of production
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Have a great new year mate...Glad you had a good 2016

I just had the best year of my life........ 2015 I never thought in my wildest dreams I would top it off but WOW 2016 was just awesome.
    yeah i know, i have read about it somewhere ...555 you make me sick ..555

Have a great New Year yourself mate, and all the best for 2017 !! ... look forward to hearing about your upcoming building project WA style ..
    OZZYGUY likes this.

yeah i know, i have read about it somewhere ...555 you make me sick ..555

Have a great New Year yourself mate, and all the best for 2017 !! ... look forward to hearing about your upcoming building project WA style ..
    I use to work 80 plus hours a week.... It took awhile to slow down after I stopped. 3 years to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I use to work 80 plus hours a week.... It took awhile to slow down after I stopped. 3 years to be exact.
    Made me think ... haven't tried slowing down for a long time ... last time was probably 15 years ago when i did my knee in and had 6 months off work ... although even then i was starting a new business .... but it was slow enough to give me time to reflect on may things ..

I can switch off very easily, my ex used to call me a work alcoholic, she was right, but when i am holiday i can go from 100mph to zero instantly ... its not like i dont know how to smell the roses ...

But this is not the same as what you are talking about... full time no work ...
    Last edited by Sydney; 31st December 2016 at 19:46.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

I always got itchy feet, thinking what I could do next etc.. Just spent all day on Alibaba website. lol Never know I may get back into the importing business...I got some pretty good bike shop and automotive businesses data bases set up in mailchimp....

Anyway should get back on thread

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Yeah guys, it's not all about work, anyone can work long hours.
    It should be about having a cause, like a tree or a flower, a garden or even a forest that you grow from nothing and then stand in awe of it.
    For me, 2016 was a year of focus, on making the right decisions in a variety of ways.
    2017 will be even more so and will take even more courage and resolve than 2016 I am sure.
    wabbits and Minder like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    its been a great year for me..the only down side has been our president acting very badly..annoyed me no end..55555(well not really)

i think the future is very bright..i have so many things i want to do and try and achieve

its up to you how your year is going go...you can sit in front of your computer..play games/talk on these forums/complain how badly things are going/its every ones else fault/feel sorry for your selve ect...or you can live
    there is a fantastic world out there just waiting for us....i know what im going to be doing

555555 its up to you
    good luck to everybody..we all need a little
    wabbits, Sydney, Changone and 1 others like this.

Of coarse its also not always about me me me .... a good time of the year to also think about about other fellow human beings out there less fortunate than ourselves

Quarky likes this.

^Agreed Sydney, we are so fortunate compared to the billions of "Have nots" and the new generation of "Never will haves". We can all make a big difference to a lot of lives in a lot of little ways.
    Quarky, Sydney and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^Agreed Sydney, we are so fortunate compared to the billions of "Have nots" and the new generation of "Never will haves". We can all make a big difference to a lot of lives in a lot of little ways.
    I probably just killed my own thread with that last post ..5555 .... but there has to be balance in everything, so sing your rejoices here anyway, and give thought at the same time ....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    i see it on a daily basis..not so easy to make a difference as you might think...
    there are to many people in the world..
    Minder likes this.

Should just clarify my general statement.
    You can't help everyone. Some people can't even help themselves, let alone anyone else.
    All I'm saying is start with those closest to you, and work from there.
    But those of you who have amassed big retirement savings, or those that are generating excess incomes by working long hours, pay some of it forward to those less fortunate than yourselves.
    meese, OZZYGUY and Cuzzy like this.

^^ How far from the snow are you ? ... i watch a van dwelling guy on YT who can get to the snow in about 30 mins from hos work ... he does night skiing after work which coming from where i live just sounds awesome ... have being watching a lot of vids coming out of VC, it really sounds like a place i could easy live in ...

Road trips ! ..... something can be said for the old adage, dont leave home till you have seen the country ...

Outdoor activities ! ... this is where i feel most alive and happy, a feeling of where i belong
    I can ski in 15mins, which I used to do quite a bit after work since I get out at 1pm and will start to do again.
    I look directly at the mountains from my desk and can see if they got a good dumping
    And it doesn't snow downtown so pretty unique

Plus I have a lot of friends with houses in Whistler so will start going up there more.
    The US dollar is so strong that it has been so busy, so unfortunately the hotels are super expensive this year.

Made me think ... haven't tried slowing down for a long time ... last time was probably 15 years ago when i did my knee in and had 6 months off work ... although even then i was starting a new business .... but it was slow enough to give me time to reflect on may things ..

I can switch off very easily, my ex used to call me a work alcoholic, she was right, but when i am holiday i can go from 100mph to zero instantly ... its not like i dont know how to smell the roses ...

That is why I really do love my job.
    I live 4 blocks away and can pop into the office and do research for new customers any time I want.
    I probably go through 2-3 cycles a year where I look for new customers, so for about a month I will pop into the office a few times a week for 3-4 hours, take the dog and do my research.

As I said, my business trips can be grueling with meetings all day but most of my customers are fun, so then it's out at night for drinks and dinner.
    Will be in Chicago, Boston, NYC and Orlando for 2 weeks on business, not too shabby.

And best thing is work pretty much pays for all my flights home to see friends and family because I usually head to Boston for a few days

Love it, its what i do ... start at 9.00 generally, and can easy work to 12.00 pm , 80 hrs is probably a easy week ..55 dont often work Sunday but ... and of coarse some weekends we aren't here at all ..

For the last 5 years i have invested an enormous amount of time into two different app business's ... the first 3 years was Many Menus, we failed, needed much more money for marketing to gain some traction into that space ... , after 3 years of time and 150K in money we ( had a partner in that one ) gave up .. i had to move on, as we gave in the main operator here in AUSDS ( Menulog ) sold there operation for 700 million dollars to a European company .. unbelievable

Then in the last 2 years i have being developing another subscription based app called Pack N Ships for the ecommerce space ... its a dispatch app that integrates with all the major sales channels .. eBay, Big Commerce, Magento etc, we also integrate with the Australian Carriers, so its a dispatch app designed to speed e tailors in dispatching there products ... i launch this in Feb 2017 ... first in Australia and then we will integrate with UPS, fedex etc and try and crack the US market ...

Love it ... but so complex, and so many hours ...

Through all this JK has being my savouir ... she essentially runs our other 2 business's in terms of production
    I could easily work a day if it was my company.
    We contemplated opening a Thai restaurant and I would probably have been there most nights and done all the financials and ordering for it.
    So I basically would have had 2 jobs but since one would have been our business I wasn't worried

I actually feel I missed the boat big time not doing that.
    We could have taken over one that is in a great location with great rent
    And another small store across from my apartment would be ideal for a take out place.
    My whole neighborhood is Asian and English students......We have every type of Asian but Thai.
    I'm positive would do well

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast