Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Reunions

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Reunions

Do you guys go to a lot of reunions?
    For school, work?

Just wondering how it is other places.

I always have one to attend every year or so.
    High school
    Places I have worked at.
    This summer we are doing a Jr High School one.

I always have a blast at them and the turnout is usually pretty good.

We arranged one this month for our old firm we worked at.
    It was a huge trading, maybe 125-150 people in one room so you got to know everyone

We have about 60 people attending.
    Pretty good for a place we all worked at 10+ years ago.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Nope never...I have been invited to quite a few but the last thing I want to do is sit around with a bunch of people who were strangers then and would be even stranger now...I still have my friends from each era though and keep contact with most either in person or via FB/social media

Last night I spoke with a guy via PM on FB who has been a friend since were were 10 yo....a gal I met at University in Sydney....and another guy who helped me with my MA in New York in the late 70's...plus a TG I met last week 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I went to one with my ex wife. It was her school.

I got chatting with this guy that she went to school with. He thought it was me he went to school with and he didn't know who my wife was...55

I has invited to my school reunion and didn't go. I would not remember anyone. Plus I went to a rough school I may get beaten up.
    Dupree likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Nope never...I have been invited to quite a few but the last thing I want to do is sit around with a bunch of people who were strangers then and would be even stranger now...I still have my friends from each era though and keep contact with most either in person or via FB/social media

Last night I spoke with a guy via PM on FB who has been a friend since were were 10 yo....a gal I met at University in Sydney....and another guy who helped me with my MA in New York in the late 70's...plus a TG I met last week 555
    I recently went to my 30th high school reunion. It was good and I enjoyed myself. But like you I chat to few. My next door mate from 7-10 years old that played cricket in the back yard. Boxing day test we will text each other. A few messages during the year and have a beer when in the same location.

Some past love's, families I keep in contact with. Even the father and brother of my first real girlfriend at 16 -17........ In fact the last few days has been hot so I just called and said coming over for a swim. Not at home but jump in.

The reunion was interesting. Rough figures, class had 380 students. 120 attended 15-17 % were gay. Just wondering how that represents to society at large and the ratio. It was a school that specialized in artist development.

Uni Reunions have fizzled fizzled pooped. Lot of talk, lots of debate but but never a concision.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    On the mailing list but never go.. The past is just that. Besides girls who I thought were hot when I was 16, now showing photo's of their grandkids is a huge turnoff 555
    Dupree likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I went to a school reunion years ago, everyone was kicking on after, i could not wait to get home a few jours catching up was enough for me. As someone said the past is the past.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    On the mailing list but never go.. The past is just that. Besides girls who I thought were hot when I was 16, now showing photo's of their grandkids is a huge turnoff 555
    I found out two of my exgirlfriends were already dead...555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Cadet silver
    Never been to one.

Comprehensive school was a nightmare so wouldn't be interested in that.

Fonder memories of Infants/Junior school though so would do that if the situation ever arose. 35 years since Infants school though so I doubt if I could remember anyone anyway 555. Remember a few from Juniors though.

No idea how i'd ever find out about such events though as I don't have contact with anyone from those days any more.

Reckon the best chance I have would be to fill in my profile on Facebook with those schools and let Facebook do its spying best 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I found out two of my exgirlfriends were already dead...555
    Just passed from old age I guess.............55
    wabbits and Quarky like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Just passed from old age I guess.............55
    Nope. Police report says they linked arms and leapt off a roof top together. 555
    Quarky, Zablive, Dupree and 1 others like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Nope. Police report says they linked arms and leapt off a roof top together. 555
    I turned them both Lesbian...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    My laugh for the day Minder ......classic
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    I have never seen of or been to any reunions from my school days in the UK. As most of my good mates all went to the same 2 schools in our town, when I go back to the UK to visit, we always have a night or 2 out together. So that would be the closest I have ever got to one.

At least that way, I only to get to meet the people I like, and not have to put up with all the rest who I did not like or would not recognise if they passed me in the street.
    PeteGill likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Because they heard Dupey was coming to the re-union?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    I have never seen of or been to any reunions from my school days in the UK. As most of my good mates all went to the same 2 schools in our town, when I go back to the UK to visit, we always have a night or 2 out together. So that would be the closest I have ever got to one.

At least that way, I only to get to meet the people I like, and not have to put up with all the rest who I did not like or would not recognise if they passed me in the street.
    My city is very different than most it seems.....Well I think a lot of cities around me the same.
    It's not a small city, 80-90k same population of downtown Vancouver but has a small time feel to it.
    Everyone knows everyone's family.

I go home and see my friends that I have been friends with 30-40yrs......Everyone still hangs out.

Reunions.......I never really had any issues with people in school so always happy to see someone I wasn't really that close but knew them in passing.

Same with NYC, I still hang out with most of the guys I worked with at my old job 10years ago.
    See them every time I am in NYC

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Screw reunions. Had one school reunion, it was sad and funny at the same time. So many of the tight little units I had crushes on had turned into bitter, sad balloons. It really put me off marriage.

As for work they're even worse. I don't even like going to functions. There was an old Irish bloke we had around(he died), who used to say 'I work with these assholes, I don't want to have to drink with them too!'
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Screw reunions. Had one school reunion, it was sad and funny at the same time. So many of the tight little units I had crushes on had turned into bitter, sad balloons. It really put me off marriage.

As for work they're even worse. I don't even like going to functions. There was an old Irish bloke we had around(he died), who used to say 'I work with these assholes, I don't want to have to drink with them too!'
    You working in the wrong places 555

Every place I have worked we loved hanging out together

One thing I sorely miss about NYC is Happy Hour, I'd say 75% of the office goes out on Thursdays

I don't go to our company parties where I work now. I don't care for the higher up corporate guys.
    Out fuxntions are not open bar, you get 2 drink tickets then managers walk around handing out more.
    Fcuk that......I'm not begging for a fxuking drink ticket....So don't go
    But I love hanging out with the guys I work with. We all do, we always look forward to going out as a group

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I reckon i would have enough curiosity to want to go to a school reunion .... how the nerds are doing and how rich they, and how the so called 'in crowd' are holding up bar stools in some shitty pub ...55555

But i am probably a little different than most on here, and have like 2 different lives, having left my home country 30 years ago, all my school and beginning life is now a far far distant memory, almost like another life altogether, sure i have some memories of it, but its not a part of me anymore and i certainly don't place much importance on it.

In fact my whole life has being transient in terms of friends, beginning with my NZ life, then when i first arrived here mostly all my friends were kiwis for over the first decade, then they all moved on, most going back home after the wives got pregnant, i was the only one that stayed, partly as my partner was from the UK but mainly because i didn't want to leave or go back to my old life back in NZ ... what would have being the point ? ... like taking 10 steps backwards...

Then after all the kiwi connection all left, my 2 kids came along, and we had a house in the burbs, so all friends were a bit of a mix, but mostly aussies, meet though the schools and local area, another 17 years quickly pasted, and then we spilt up, and i moved out of the area, not far away cause of the kids, but not in the same suburb any more, i was over partying, bbqs and drinking all the time so i soon left the whole lot behind ....obliviously a couple of my closet mates i still see from time to time.

Then JK entered into my life and i am on yet another round of friends, although this time no were near as many, just dont have time anymore, and my focus has changed a lot ..

Woah, waffling on here and got off track ..555 ....... So have never being to a reunion no !
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I reckon i would have enough curiosity to want to go to a school reunion .... how the nerds are doing and how rich they, and how the so called 'in crowd' are holding up bar stools in some shitty pub ...55555

But i am probably a little different than most on here, and have like 2 different lives, having left my home country 30 years ago, all my school and beginning life is now a far far distant memory, almost like another life altogether, sure i have some memories of it, but its not a part of me anymore and i certainly don't place much importance on it.

In fact my whole life has being transient in terms of friends, beginning with my NZ life, then when i first arrived here mostly all my friends were kiwis for over the first decade, then they all moved on, most going back home after the wives got pregnant, i was the only one that stayed, partly as my partner was from the UK but mainly because i didn't want to leave or go back to my old life back in NZ ... what would have being the point ? ... like taking 10 steps backwards...

Then after all the kiwi connection all left, my 2 kids came along, and we had a house in the burbs, so all friends were a bit of a mix, but mostly aussies, meet though the schools and local area, another 17 years quickly pasted, and then we spilt up, and i moved out of the area, not far away cause of the kids, but not in the same suburb any more, i was over partying, bbqs and drinking all the time so i soon left the whole lot behind ....obliviously a couple of my closet mates i still see from time to time.

Then JK entered into my life and i am on yet another round of friends, although this time no were near as many, just dont have time anymore, and my focus has changed a lot ..

Woah, waffling on here and got off track ..555 ....... So have never being to a reunion no !
    I moved away basically at 19yrs old
    Back for about 18months before moving to school in NYC at 21yrs old and never returned to Boston.

Amazingly, I still have all my best friends at home in Boston. Talk to them all the time. See them at least every 6months, usually every 3 months

Then started working in NYC and met Life long friend at work. If I am in NYC for a week I don't have time to see everyone.

Now in Vancouver I have good friends but I am in the middle of them, sort of.
    My friends are younger or married with kids.

Because I don't have kids, I think I miss out meeting more people through the kids.

I don't know one person from school who still lives in the same area we grew up in.... and thanks to things like Facebook, I know where most of them are now.. spread out around the world... new lives... new friends... and the more intelligent they are the less friends they have according to latest Bacon findings... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast