Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Taxi MB pay

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Taxi MB pay

My 3 BIL's quit their job at the same company because they were getting dicked over for OT pay and bonuses

All started driving MB Taxi, another one already was.

I was shocked at how much they make............low 500baht, good day 800baht

It's all local in Samut Prakan but I do see tons of people taking them all the time so I can see them doing that kind of business, especially around the extremely busy malls

PS.........I don't know if they'd have to pay fees to some group? Maybe?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    MB Mafia 555.

As unregulated as some parts of Thai commerce can be at times someone will want a cut for sure.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    They usually work from group locations - end of a Soi, outside the station, at a major intersection - no doubt "membership" of a group and use of a prime location comes at a price. The MB taxi rank outside On Nut skytrain does a roaring trade.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    They usually work from group locations - end of a Soi, outside the station, at a major intersection - no doubt "membership" of a group and use of a prime location comes at a price. The MB taxi rank outside On Nut skytrain does a roaring trade.
    In BKK, a few years back a "shirt" cost 40,000 outright, or rent for more than 1,000 per month.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

^ more! A lot more

July 7 2014 Bangkok Post

Motorcycle taxi operators could soon sport handsome new vests in army-approved green.

Instead of purchasing orange vests at exorbitant rates from the so-called motorcycle mafia, operators would instead receive free vests from officials so long as they’ve registered with authorities.

The move is intended to curtail the influence of organized crime and lower fares for passengers.
    Orange motorcycle taxi vests can cost anywhere from THB70,000 in the Lat Phrao area to upward of THB350,000 in Thong Lo, according Bangkok Post.

“Expensive motorcycle taxi jackets are synonymous with bribery. As they cost a huge amount, the buyers must charge higher fare rates,” said Maj. Gen. Apirat Kongsompong, who’s been tasked with oversight of motorcycle taxis in the capital.
    And

10 July 2013
    Average Price list for vests in central Bangkok

POSING as potential motorcycle taxi drivers, two investigators approached motorcycle stands in central Bangkok asking for job. They were told the following price:

Location Price in Baht

Petchburi Road 50,000 - 250,000
    Sukhumvit Road 70,000 -140,000
    Silom Road 50,000 -120,000
    Soi Ngam Duplee 70,000 -100,000
    Rama 4 Road 40,000 - 200,000
    Sathorn Road 70,000 - 80,000
    Chan Road 20,000 -100,000
    Rama 1 Road 70,000 - 90,000

The Lucrative Business of Being A Motorbike Taxi In Thailand
    Last edited by Hatari; 24th February 2017 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    ^ more! A lot more

And

10 July 2013
    Average Price list for vests in central Bangkok

POSING as potential motorcycle taxi drivers, two investigators approached motorcycle stands in central Bangkok asking for job. They were told the following price:

Location Price in Baht

Petchburi Road 50,000 - 250,000

Sukhumvit Road 70,000 -140,000

Silom Road 50,000 -120,000

Soi Ngam Duplee 70,000 -100,000

Rama 4 Road 40,000 - 200,000

Sathorn Road 70,000 - 80,000

Chan Road 20,000 -100,000

Rama 1 Road 70,000 - 90,000
    What's funny is it's probably cheaper in the local outskirts and they likely do more business but I guess the areas listed could garner higher fares

Even at 50k per year, it's only 130 baht a day.....Not horrible given min wage is 300baht

The MB taxi work is perfect for my BIL's

Ao's business is doing OK for it only be about 8months but with jobs coming sparodically it's hard for her brother's to commit to working for her.

But now that they work MB taxi, it's ideal.
    They can work MB when she doesn't have jobs for them.

She has a job next month that is worth about 350k for the about 5 weeks of work
    She will have to pay her 4 workers and probably rent a room in Rayong but will give her breathing room to then pursue bigger jobs.

All her work is coming from just one graphic design firm now, I've been urging her to start cold calling other firms

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    In BKK, a few years back a "shirt" cost 40,000 outright, or rent for more than 1,000 per month.
    This was in Phaya Thai...up near Chatuchak
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason