Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gold prospecting

Lightbulb Gold prospecting

In my miss spent youth I belonged to a metal detecting club where we had countless weekends rambling over the English country side in search of buried treasure and lost items . Personally I found many Roman coins and artifacts , some of which I had to report to the authorities and some were donated to local museums .

After watching several TV documentaries about non commercial gold prospecting in Australia , it brought back memories of my weekend hobby back home in England ,

Just wondering if any one here had ever been gold prospecting , or even Opal hunting ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i tried gold prospecting one time near Ophir NSW,early 80's

had a pan but no idea how to use it....no youtube in those days 55
    we were camping and it was middle of winter and freezing cold so we packed up and headed for the coast and went fishing instead.
    Cuzzy likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    In my miss spent youth I belonged to a metal detecting club where we had countless weekends rambling over the English country side in search of buried treasure and lost items . Personally I found many Roman coins and artifacts , some of which I had to report to the authorities and some were donated to local museums .

After watching several TV documentaries about non commercial gold prospecting in Australia , it brought back memories of my weekend hobby back home in England ,

Just wondering if any one here had ever been gold prospecting , or even Opal hunting ?
    I got drunk and tried to hump girls in weekends in my youth 555
    OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I spent my last 12 years of work in Kalgoorlie.
    Every spare weekend it was jump in the SWB Landy, go bush and scratch around for a bit of colour or shoot a young goat.

No opals around there but found a few nice lumps of chrysoprase.
    Last edited by Zablive; 28th February 2017 at 11:05.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Actually I just remembered visiting this place - nothing left anymore.

https://www.mindat.org/loc-12148.html
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

one of my penny companies just completed some drilling near coolgardie and identified about 225k ozs in a very small and shallow (up to 18m deep) deposit 850x180m.
    work will commence soon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    The only time I tried gold prospecting was when I was fertilising the back grass and my gold wedding ring flew off into the bush.

Hired a gold detector and found it in a few hours.
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    one of my penny companies just completed some drilling near coolgardie and identified about 225k ozs in a very small and shallow (up to 18m deep) deposit 850x180m.
    work will commence soon.
    I once read an estimate that only 10% of the gold in the region had been discovered.
    There has been a lot of success with new seismic methods exploring old diggings and finding deposits at depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I once read an estimate that only 10% of the gold in the region had been discovered.
    There has been a lot of success with new seismic methods exploring old diggings and finding deposits at depth.
    Thai girls seem to have a knack for extracting maximum gold deposits, especially from Australians 555

[someone had to say it ....]
    wabbits, Changone, Zablive and 2 others like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    The only time I tried gold prospecting was when I was fertilising the back grass and my gold wedding ring flew off into the bush.

Hired a gold detector and found it in a few hours.
    ^Said it before, probably say it again, "Nothing is ever really lost"...555
    OZZYGUY and Olympus like this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Thai girls seem to have a knack for extracting maximum gold deposits, especially from Australians 555

[someone had to say it ....]
    Are Australians really that easy to extract gold from No it can't be true .

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Used to have gold tooth .....gone.555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Go and drive to the gold fields $120 fuel
    Camp next to the river for a week $160
    Buy gold pans and paraphernalia $180
    Pan for gold the whole week when you could be working $$$$$$$$
    Send $80.00 worth of gold that cost $54.00 to send to mum at home........ Priceless
    Rivo and Olympus like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Helicopter EM/metal detector type stuff too..

flight path for new survey..

this penny company is moving along nicely and has found some more gold deposits at very shallow depths as well as buying up some stranded assets nearby and is surveying a huge lease ATM. Results out soon.

Screenshot_20170730-110326.jpg
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 30th July 2017 at 11:26.

No. Never.

Cadet
    I still go Goldpanning some weekends now. In N Wales, Scotland and down in the South of France when I'm fit enough. Gear is cheap enough. Pan is only a Tenner, Sluice around 70 then make a pump from a tennis ball and drain pipe (I Kid you not)
    Bacon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottsy View Post
    I still go Goldpanning some weekends now. In N Wales, Scotland and down in the South of France when I'm fit enough. Gear is cheap enough. Pan is only a Tenner, Sluice around 70 then make a pump from a tennis ball and drain pipe (I Kid you not)
    Do you dig up enough to recover the price of the pump?
    Changone and Zablive like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Cadet
    In N Wales there used to be a good deal of gold but sometime in the late 80's several blokes ran a power dredge on the Mawddach and took most of the big stuff, but nuggets do occasionally pop up. Scotland is the best. Ive had several grammes a day up in Tyndrum and more than that per day in the South of France. Get yourself up just North of Mt Magnet in WA, some good gold there

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottsy View Post
    In N Wales there used to be a good deal of gold but sometime in the late 80's several blokes ran a power dredge on the Mawddach and took most of the big stuff, but nuggets do occasionally pop up. Scotland is the best. Ive had several grammes a day up in Tyndrum and more than that per day in the South of France. Get yourself up just North of Mt Magnet in WA, some good gold there
    Yeah a bloke I work with has a brother in law that owns a small mine up there. He goes over mainly to shoot goats, but his BIL lets him screw around in there whenever he drops by. He's got a couple of nice nuggets on display in his mancave.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Don't forget to buy your "Miner's right" and to stake and peg your claim before fossicking for nuggets...i wonder how many times that actually happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast