Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Am I the oldest person here ?

Lightbulb Am I the oldest person here ?

Being new to this forum and some of of advanced years , I was just wondering if I could claim the oldest member distinction , I have not trawled through the past posts or done a forum search on this subject. It would be interesting to know the answer .

Currently I am 68 years old

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Not close enough I'm afraid we have old geezers like Forbes and Zab(?) who are a bit longer in the tooth...555
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    obes, GGrass and Olympus like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Got 18 years on me William.

Yeah Forbes is in his 70's and I thought Zab was like 90 or something...........555
    Changone, kaptainrob, Rivo and 2 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Screw you Ozzyguy - who'd want to live that long!

I'm 75 in 12 days time - Ian Forbes is a year or so older.

So no cigar William 555!
    Minder, Rivo, obes and 2 others like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post

So no cigar William 555!
    555........Happy birthday for 12 days time Zab

Lightbulb

So no cigar William 555!

Personally this getting old thing seems to have slowly crept up on me , one minuet Iím a health 40 year old , then to my shock and horror now when I look at my self in the shaving mirror , all I can see looking back at me is my old dad .

Its strange how my priorities have changed , no longer do I worry and fret about my thinning hair line or bald patch , now my attention focuses on Cholesterol and Blood pressure numbers , and another strange thing has happened , a nice steak meal now seems more appealing than a romp in the bedroom .

But then again getting old , going on all my good friends that have passed away at a younger age , it makes getting old some sort of wonderful achievement .
    Quarky, Sydney, obes and 1 others like this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Got 18 years on me William.

Yeah Forbes is in his 70's and I thought Zab was like 90 or something...........555
    Ah still a spring chicken
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Ah still a spring chicken

Pics of Ian in 3..2..

PS: Wrestling bears in Canada is what's kept that one young.
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Pics of Ian in 3..2..

PS: Wrestling bears in Canada is what's kept that one young.
    he just finished posting 426 pics on my syd and Jk thread ... he might be a bit pictured out ..

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    he just finished posting 426 pics on my syd and Jk thread ... he might be a bit pictured out ..

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    That's his quota for 2017...

... seriously!
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cadet silver
    I just look older after spending 2/3 of my life in Thailand.
    Gazmac, Changone and Bacon like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    OP, unless your name is Dirt, Forbes has got you well and truly covered 555
    Bacon likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    I just look older after spending 2/3 of my life in Thailand.
    I believe I shed 15 years biologically in moving to LOS by getting rid of the stress of western life and wife.
    OZZYGUY and Olympus like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    OP, unless your name is Dirt, Forbes has got you well and truly covered 555
    I'm still a learner here , can you please translate that forum speak for me

Lightbulb

I believe I shed 15 years biologically in moving to LOS by getting rid of the stress of western life and wife.
    On my daily walks I often meet other long term resident expats , some times we sit and put the world to rights , but most of the time , its just a moaning session about whats wrong with living in Thailand .

There has been many times I have come across an expat that has also left a western home life behind and of course the wort hog of an ex wife , the difference with some of these resident expats is that they have burnt their bridges and now there's no practical way for them to return to back to their original home , or any other place .

Ive been surprised at the increasing number of resident expts that seem thoroughly and utterly discontent with their life in Thailand , but due to past poor financial decisions they are now stuck here in Thailand with no future prospects other than to draw their pensions and to sit at their local bar and cry into their beer. Its sad to hear their tails of woe and their apparent loss of any bright future ahead .
    Quarky, OZZYGUY, TLandHim and 1 others like this.

On my daily walks I often meet other long term resident expats , some times we sit and put the world to rights , but most of the time , its just a moaning session about whats wrong with living in Thailand .

There has been many times I have come across an expat that has also left a western home life behind and of course the wort hog of an ex wife , the difference with some of these resident expats is that they have burnt their bridges and now there's no practical way for them to return to back to their original home , or any other place .

Ive been surprised at the increasing number of resident expts that seem thoroughly and utterly discontent with their life in Thailand , but due to past poor financial decisions they are now stuck here in Thailand with no future prospects other than to draw their pensions and to sit at their local bar and cry into their beer. Its sad to hear their tails of woe and their apparent loss of any bright future ahead .
    That's certainly not me - apart from, the with certainty, burning my bridges behind me.
    With my disabilities I would be abandoned to an unaffordable nursing home back there.
    Here I have an extended family help me daily and take care.

Considering all the circumstances my choices to buy and settle here were correct.
    obes, OZZYGUY, TLandHim and 2 others like this.

Platinum
    That's certainly not me - apart from, the with certainty, burning my bridges behind me.
    With my disabilities I would be abandoned to an unaffordable nursing home back there.
    Here I have an extended family help me daily and take care.

Considering all the circumstances my choices to buy and settle here were correct.
    I agree,

As we get older we have discussed between us what are our preferences as to where it would be best to live
    and we think renting a villa or similar and having a couple of Burmese women and perhaps their family be paid carers for us would be a good option.
    We have an elderly friend who is doing this and it seems to be working very well.

My dad, 97, has lived on his own up till the end of last year and he retreated to his cats for company, we think he would have been better off in Thailand, hiring a full time carer for the last 10 or 20 years. We have friends who have done this in Phuket, she has now died and he lives on with the very caring Burmese family looking after him in his 90's.
    Olympus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    I agree,

As we get older we have discussed between us what are our preferences as to where it would be best to live
    and we think renting a villa or similar and having a couple of Burmese women and perhaps their family be paid carers for us would be a good option.
    We have an elderly friend who is doing this and it seems to be working very well.

My dad, 97, has lived on his own up till the end of last year and he retreated to his cats for company, we think he would have been better off in Thailand, hiring a full time carer for the last 10 or 20 years. We have friends who have done this in Phuket, she has now died and he lives on with the very caring Burmese family looking after him in his 90's.
    Wife and I discuss this a lot, she is a nurse in a old aged home in Perth. The way all the oldies are treated as far as the family's hardly ever come see them is discussing. Also a lot of the carers mainly the western girls treat the residents like crap. Nothing against the western carers but they just dont care about the residents like the Asian carers do. I could never put my parents in a home and would never go myself. Retiring overseas I'm not sure If I ever would but when the time comes that I need a carer I guess it will be the best option.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    I agree,

Hi TLandHim

I have lost count at the number of retired resident expats that I have bumped into over the years that for what ever reason decided not to take out private medical insurance , opting instead for self coverage ( take money out of your savings when you need to pay for medical attention ) . One of the most important areas to think about for any one considering a long term stay in Thailand would be private health insurance .
    Last edited by Olympus; 1st March 2017 at 22:30. Reason: spelling

Hi TLandHim

I have lost count at the number of retired resident expats that I have bumped into over the years that for what ever reason decided not to take out private medical insurance , opting instead for self coverage ( take money out of your savings when you need to pay for medical attention ) . One of the most important areas to think about for any one considering a long term stay in Thailand would be private health insurance .
    Overseas health insurance usually has no coverage here.
    Everything else is annual renewal and prohibitive in cost over 70 (if you can get it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast