Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Olympus
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 2 Post By 1080
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Zablive
  • 1 Post By TLandHim
  • 3 Post By justcruzing1

Thread: Big Bike - I have this dream

  1. #1
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb Big Bike - I have this dream

    I have only ever owned small motorbikes , the first being a BSA Bantam 125 and currently my run about , a Honda Wave110 . I have a dream , I have had this dream for some years

    Many times in Pattaya I see young tourist bucks come hurtling down the road on their rented big bike , with their young scantly clad Thai girlfriend sitting on the back .

    My dream is this , there I am sat astride my new big bike wearing my brightly colored songkran shirt and fabulous Terminator Sunglasses , a new pair of genuine black leather bikers gloves along with my black and white pirate bandana . As I turn the bikes throttle a thunderous growl booms all along the road , instantly making envious onlookers turn and look at this man and machine in perfect harmony .

    Now the wife’s not keen to sit on the back , so our part time plump cleaning lady will have to do

    This is the bike I want to have , what do you think , am I to old



    Hatari likes this.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,776
    William not sure if you know yet but we have a dedicated bike thread. A few of us ride and I'm riding in a few weeks in Chiang mai with my wife and a few friends.

    Nice bike but don't dream do it.

    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...neral/2291.htm
    Olympus likes this.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    V Max? they were designed as a street/drag type concept. great in a straight line but hate corners....so probably ideal for your needs 55
    obes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  4. #4
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    William not sure if you know yet but we have a dedicated bike thread. A few of us ride and I'm riding in a few weeks in Chiang mai with my wife and a few friends.

    Nice bike but don't dream do it.

    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...neral/2291.htm
    Thanks , will check it out .

  5. #5
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    V Max? they were designed as a street/drag type concept. great in a straight line but hate corners....so probably ideal for your needs 55

    But you have to admit , its a great looking bike , or can you recommend some thing similar ?

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,032
    Hi Olimpus, nice to have you aboard. That bike would KILL you! It certainly fits your desire but maybe not your capabilities by the sounds of things. get one of those HD thingies.
    And put some riding gear on that Thai lady, not skimpy shorts. 55
    OZZYGUY and Olympus like this.

  7. #7
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Hi Olimpus, nice to have you aboard. That bike would KILL you! It certainly fits your desire but maybe not your capabilities by the sounds of things. get one of those HD thingies.
    And put some riding gear on that Thai lady, not skimpy shorts. 55
    Nice to be here

    I think you are right , I would love a BIG bike but the VMax may be a beast I could not tame

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    I still have a big bike, but one thing you should remember is that if it tips over, you still have to be able to pull it upright again....555
    Easy enough for the muscled up young buck, but when he's 68 it could be an issue....
    Olympus likes this.

  9. #9
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I still have a big bike, but one thing you should remember is that if it tips over, you still have to be able to pull it upright again....555
    Easy enough for the muscled up young buck, but when he's 68 it could be an issue....
    Even more to think about , I have sat on a stationary BIG bike at one of the Pattaya rental shops , but never attempted to move one or even put it on its stand , on paper like many things it sounds a good idea , but practically its another ball game .

  10. #10
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Hi Olimpus, nice to have you aboard. That bike would KILL you! It certainly fits your desire but maybe not your capabilities by the sounds of things. get one of those HD thingies.
    And put some riding gear on that Thai lady, not skimpy shorts. 55
    Winding the throttle on hard and already doing 220 this bloke on a Vmax just rode away like I was on a peewee 50.555
    .

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    I've got a big bike ...

    GT-4.jpg
    Quarky and retdent like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    But you have to admit , its a great looking bike , or can you recommend some thing similar ?
    I'm really into practicality when it comes to bikes.
    My last road bike,a Honda VFR 800,was just perfect for the roads in the north of LOS.
    Sold it nearly 2 years ago now.35k kms of faultless touring and mountain scratching on it.
    Sadly missed
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  13. #13
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand when home
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Hi Olimpus, nice to have you aboard. That bike would KILL you! It certainly fits your desire but maybe not your capabilities by the sounds of things. get one of those HD thingies.
    And put some riding gear on that Thai lady, not skimpy shorts. 55
    Sage advice indeed
    On one of those sporty crouch over thingy's you just have to drive too quick and at 68 you ain't got the reaction speed you need. At 69, I can give a young fella of 68 advice.

    I've got an "HD thingy" here in NZ that weighs a 1000lbs but is a cruiser and you develop a much more leisurely style of riding. You get pretty canny about avoiding places and situations where you might drop it.

    In Thailand I have a cheapy Keeway 250cc V Twin cruiser and it is fun. Underpowered but adequate for around Phuket and small and nimble enough to follow the crazy Thai's on their scooters and bikes even with TL on the back. A couple of 100km trip is pretty comfortable for both of us.
    Last edited by TLandHim; 1st March 2017 at 04:47.
    Olympus likes this.

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I have only ever owned small motorbikes , the first being a BSA Bantam 125 and currently my run about , a Honda Wave110 . I have a dream , I have had this dream for some years

    Many times in Pattaya I see young tourist bucks come hurtling down the road on their rented big bike , with their young scantly clad Thai girlfriend sitting on the back .

    My dream is this , there I am sat astride my new big bike wearing my brightly colored songkran shirt and fabulous Terminator Sunglasses , a new pair of genuine black leather bikers gloves along with my black and white pirate bandana . As I turn the bikes throttle a thunderous growl booms all along the road , instantly making envious onlookers turn and look at this man and machine in perfect harmony .

    Now the wife’s not keen to sit on the back , so our part time plump cleaning lady will have to do

    This is the bike I want to have , what do you think , am I to old



    Hi And welcome to the board.

    as others have said, we have a dedicated thread on bikes and riding in all parts of the world.

    I, like many BMs, have had bikes most of my life. I have hird and ridden in Pattaya a couple of times, some for weeks/month.

    It is simply an ego thing as the little mopeds get thru where you can't on the big bike. There is a very good saying, if you don't ride in your home city, don't ride in LOS, if you do ride at home, don't ride anything bigger than you're used to.

    This is a very real guide as when you are in your home country the traffic isn't as caoitic or intense so LOS needs twice as much attention to the traffic, so less time to adjust to the bigger bike.

    I'm 62, been riding since 15 and i can't be bothered with the street racer style anymore, bent over and chest on tank, I used to do, even hit a kangaroo at 180kph on one.

    The V Max is a sweet looking machine and does turn heads, but it is nicknamed "The Widow Maker" so really not for a novice.

    There are many bikes that will meet your dream and most are available for rent in Patts, so do thousands and hire for a week each one, then see how you feel.

    From practical experience all experienced riders here will tell you to get the right gear, accredited helmet, jacket, gloves and boots.

    They call them Thai Tattoos but gravel rash is absolutely mind blowing pain and then there is the broken bones, head damage etc.
    Read our thread on bikes orur 1st and greatest love and you will get a load of infrmation, I won't go over it all here.

    Again, welcome and good luck.
    OZZYGUY, TLandHim and Olympus like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  15. #15
    Cadet silver Olympus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Pattaya - Thailand
    Posts
    162

    Lightbulb

    I wonder what riding this into a fast bend on a wet day would be like



  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    ^^^^
    Arse over tits 555!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  17. #17
    Cadet Gold retdent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I've got a big bike ...

    GT-4.jpg
    Thanks for the laugh Baz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •