• 1 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 2 Post By Hatari
  • 1 Post By Zablive
  • 2 Post By Tingtong

Thread: So what was your very first car

Lightbulb So what was your very first car

Just had a friend come around for a chat ( he really wanted to borrow my power washer ) we got talking about the past vehicles we had both owned and the subject of what was our very first car came up .

My very first car , the one I took my driving test in was an Austin Allegro that my dad bought me .

Sadly its floor pan started to rust away and I eventually traded it in for a Black Ford Capri .

So what was your very first car or other vehicle , do you have fond memories of it

Currently I'm running a Mitsubishi Triton.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    My first car was a second hand 1962 mini 850.
    British racing green and a white roof spray painted on by me.
    I put twin carburettors and extractors on it, polished the cylinder head, then joined a car club and went racing in it every weekend. Used to take the regular exhaust off and run a straight through one.
    That car could fly, and frequently went all wheels off and I even managed to roll it once, and we just righted the thing and kept going, but it was also my everyday driver and one day one of the wheels really did come off.
    First girlfriend, and yes, it is possible in case you wanted to know...555

Oh...now I drive a Chrysler 300C...
    Olympus likes this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    My first car was a second hand 1962 mini 850.
    British racing green and a white roof spray painted on by me.
    I put twin carburettors and extractors on it, polished the cylinder head, then joined a car club and went racing in it every weekend. Used to take the regular exhaust off and run a straight through one.
    That car could fly, and frequently went all wheels off and I even managed to roll it once, and we just righted the thing and kept going, but it was also my everyday driver and one day one of the wheels really did come off.
    First girlfriend, and yes, it is possible in case you wanted to know...555

Sadly I never owned a mini , but I did own a Black 2.8i Ford Capri , my advice to any one is ....................... Don't Buy a '' BLACK '' Car

Changone likes this.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 9.09.46 PM.jpg

A 1959 Series IV Morris Oxford….. 0 to 60 mph in about 25 seconds, and top speed a bit below 80mph, and did about 30 mpg. The most comfortable car I've ever owned (only 4 in all, and 7 motorcycles, some owned concurrently in two countries). Bought it early 1974 off the Biology teacher at the school I left a year or so before. He had been persuaded to get a Peugeot 504, and within weeks had his first ever speeding ticket. He regretted selling the Morris, and so did I. Not fast, but great to cruise at 50 - 55. Fast enough for me then, and today.
    Last edited by Mick; 1st March 2017 at 00:11.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Austin Alegro classy from every angle I guess we have all had one of those types.5555

Ford consul what a shit heap.... Don't own a car now much better.
    Olympus likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    We had a HD Holden family car and the old man had company cars. So mum use to use the HD to go shopping on Thursdays and it was free the rest of the week for me to use. I also had road bikes so always had something to get to work with.
    21st birthday and the HD was given to me. Mum got a 73 VW beetle so we were a 3 car and 2 MB family then.
    I put bucket seats, alpine stereo, 350 Holly,extractors, 2" exhaust and air shocks on it. Use to take it everywhere.
    Great old car. 20 years in the family. Thing was falling apart with rust in the end.
    About a year or 2 after I sold it spotted it in the car park at my regular... Still going....!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    My brother taught me to drive in his '66 VW Beetle and then gave it to me when I got my licence...after a year or so I bought a '63 (Dodge) Valiant with push button gears on the dash...not long after that I traded both the Bug and the Valiant with a mate for a VW Microbus Kombi which I fitted out with a bed behind the rear seat to go on surfing trips

On my 21st birthday my Dad gave me a 1956 (my birth year) Mercedes Benz 220S which was his and he had restored for me...I still own this car back in AUS..it looks a bit like this one in the pic below only mine is cherry red with white leather seats

PeteGill, 1080, chelski and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    You Gangster......55
    wabbits and Changone like this.

I had a HJ Holden Sandman van,

Lot of memories in the back of that

wabbits and Changone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I had a HJ Holden Sandman van,

Lot of shaggin' in the back of that Waggon...

There, fixed it for you...555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

There, fixed it for you...555
    I didn't want to say that.........55

Did you ever show up at your GF house in that and the mum & dad said "No way!"....555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Did you ever show up at your GF house in that and the mum & dad said "No way!"....555
    Well sort of......

I had a sticker on the back window. It read "Virgin converter unit"

I pulled up at some girls place, her dad was out the front cutting the grass and gave me a smile. I went inside for awhile and when we both came out and walked over to the van dad don't look so happy. Her dad points to the window sticker and said "don't need to worry about that do we"

I'm not sure if he was saying my daughter is a good girl or he just knew she was the town tart............55

Man that girl was fun...up for anything.
    Quarky and Changone like this.

It was old and tired when I bought it, a pale blue 1964 Vauxhall Viva. Soon after buying, decided getting a licence may be a sensible idea. Had it less than two months, sold for first motorbike, and have only occasionally owned cars since, and when I have, just basic functional cars A to B

File pic, not mine
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    It was old and tired when I bought it, a pale blue 1964 Vauxhall Viva. Soon after buying, decided getting a licence may be a sensible idea. Had it less than two months, sold for first motorbike, and have only occasionally owned cars since, and when I have, just basic functional cars A to B

File pic, not mine
    So you never progressed to a Zephyr? 555!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    My first car was a 1938 Graham Paige bought and driven for 3 years before I was old enough for a licence.
    Registered it in a mate's name.

1938 Sharknose.jpg
    GGrass likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I also had a HD holden for my first car.it was a premier sedan. I bought it of the local petrol head and it was hotter up.twin stromberg carbies, jaguar 4 speed box, mags and a wooden sports steering wheel. My dad spat the dummy when he saw my hoon mobile, but I worked 6 mths in a timber yard to save up to get it.
    Lost.my license 6 weeks later speeding 5555
    Suck eggs
    Moo Uaon and Olympus like this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    My brother taught me to drive in his '66 VW Beetle and then gave it to me when I got my licence...after a year or so I bought a '63 (Dodge) Valiant with push button gears on the dash...not long after that I traded both the Bug and the Valiant with a mate for a VW Microbus Kombi which I fitted out with a bed behind the rear seat to go on surfing trips

On my 21st birthday my Dad gave me a 1956 (my birth year) Mercedes Benz 220S which was his and he had restored for me...I still own this car back in AUS..it looks a bit like this one in the pic below only mine is cherry red with white leather seats

cherry red with white leather seats .... Ive all ways wanted a car with White leather seats , its just so nice .