Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Why do Thai women want to marry you and come to your country?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Why do Thai women want to marry you and come to your country?

For many starting out this is the first step and question asked?

Then you start to read internet forums.

Why do you read so many horror stories of this failing ?

Where are the success stories? Why do you not see them?

What is the actual ratio of success vs failure?

This is the place to discuss and feel at home with out judgment and honest advice of those that have been on both sides.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

I used to think it would be reasonably easy... nowadays I think you have done a damn good job if you have managed to assimilate your Thai partner into your own country... and they are happy there long term...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

In my experience, most Thai women I have been involved with have not been interested in moving to my country….. they are more interested in me staying in theirs.
    Zablive, Ian Forbes and Hatari like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Without a doubt, almost 100% of the relationships in the demographic most BM's are in are for the TG to gain a better life.
    I think that is fairly evident

That doesn't mean that many of the relationships don't end up in true love, many do. I just think it's less fatuation on the TG's part to start the relationship than we are used to in relationships in the West.

As for failures, I think you'd find the % fall in-line with any other relationships in the world.
    Why they fail? I think it can be difference of cultures to just why any other relationships fail.

Personally, why I've had troubles in my relationship? I think it's a mix of culture and everyday relationship issues and the culture issues are on both sides, not just one person's cultural issues.
    OzzyDamo, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I believe a lot of the bad stories are guys having a wife much younger. Now I don't mean any disrespect to some BM's and I know sometimes its still works well.

As M26 put it its down to wanting a better live but M26 I don't believe it is 100% but close if you are choosing a lady from a poor back ground..

My wife works with lots of Asian lady's from all nationality's. In her work place 4 girls that she knows of are married to much older Aussie guys and all on partner visa's. All these 4 girls have younger boy friends. They all are board, the old fella just don't go out, spends time with his buddy's rather than the wife etc.

I also have a mate that lives in Tasmania, he has a Thai GF that is also married. She is half her husbands age and on a partner visa with the old dude that pays her no attention.

We all know whats going to happen when these partner visa's are approved.

If you are going to marry a much younger girl if you live in LOS not your country I think you have a better chance.

I think a lot of guys get them self into these situations by choosing a ladys way to young, plus someone with nothing in commen.

A few years back I was looking for wife number 3. Yes I was looking I like being married. I'm no expert in relationships after 2 failed marriages but I feel I have learnt a lot from that. I found I became fussy and knew what I needed not wanted in a lady. Some of the things I looked at was age. I didn't want anyone to young my wife now is 12 years younger. One of the things for me was after reading a lot on forums and talking with friends was the issues you guys have with the cultural issues and TG's wanting to stay in LOS. I love LOS but I had no plan to move there I wanted my partner to be happy in Aust. I also like a well educated lady that has good English. When you are a bit particular in what you are looking for it becomes more difficult to find a girl but I'm sure in the long term it pays off.

I believe I am one of the success stories but when the partner visa is approved I guess the truth will come out.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 2nd March 2017 at 08:37.
    wabbits, Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Interesting reading. I've never been married but I think for a Thai-Farang marriage to work you need both sides to make an effort to assimilate into each other's cultures. At least that way you're both making an effort so more likely to stick it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Supersub makes a great point both sides need to assimilate and it's a definite part of why we are still together.
    success well 8 years together and I would say only just now both of us are finding a decent level of understanding.

I have had to change some of my behaviours or how I deal with her and I have learned a lot about myself.
    as for living here in the beginning she missed Thailand but now this is where she feels at home. No hurry to move back.

But it's a work in progress and both sides will keep learning, I am no expert and we have had huge dramas at times but both have a will to stay and work.

But we have a bit in common we do loads together and we are mates which helps.

Wabbits the bit in common and doing things together I think is a big part of a good relationship.
    wabbits and Sydney like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Wabbits the bit in common and doing things together I think is a big part of a good relationship.
    Now if she would only don Lycra.....Forgot she does but they call it active wear.5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Age not the biggest issue, culture not the biggest issue, being best mates and wanting to do and enjoy the same things together will conquer the first 2 issues most times .....

Wanting to try and do different things together will make you grow together not apart ...
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

As for why they marry us...Dont all women marry for a better life security?
    They may go about it in different ways but boiled down the essence seems to be that.
    Western culture may say its love and maybe thats where it starts but as time goes bye if the money the security the perceived life is not there.....
    In this case Thai ladies make a conscious decision that this man can look after me and they tend to stay together long term if the love and support comes...Musing or they bugger off with the next maybe better supporter.

Does it matter how it starts and in the case of x culture neither side understands the motivation of the other, long term that understanding comes a bit later.
    the ones that stay together are the ones that gain an understanding and are willing to listen maybe, seek advise (me) know we know fuck all.
    jontymate, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

^Interesting you guys talk about both sides compromising to make it work... and that is my issue.. I will not compromise for anyone... either they fit in with me.. or I stay single.. simples.. 55

Why compromise? Just makes me unhappy as soon as I have to change... there must be a woman out there where neither of us needs to compromise one bit... I know there is because I have seen it... in other couples... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Interesting you guys talk about both sides compromising to make it work... and that is my issue.. I will not compromise for anyone... either they fit in with me.. or I stay single.. simples.. 55

Why compromise? Just makes me unhappy as soon as I have to change... there must be a woman out there where neither of us needs to compromise one bit... I know there is because I have seen it... in other couples... 55
    Mrs bloody perfect is somewhere for you DP. Just keep looking mate.

So far we have not had to compromise on anything except I like chillie more than her. 55
    Quarky and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Mrs bloody perfect is somewhere for you DP. Just keep looking mate.

So far we have not had to compromise on anything except I like chillie more than her. 55
    I'm not looking... I don't want to meet her Ozzy... nothing good will come of it... I hear they can even take half (or more) of your money.. 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    In the same vein - a TG close to me, 21 and in the full bloom of life, has just moved in with one of the ugliest Thais I've met.
    I asked Why? - he pays her well.
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

^You can't put a price on freedom... 55
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

DP has a very valid point. Some people are better off being single. I'm one of them. If I had to settle down in some mooban in Nakhon Nowhere it would drive me crazy... I don't care HOW young, beautiful and horny the woman might be. I highly doubt if I could settle down in Canada with a young, lovely wife. I just like my freedom too much and I've always been happy as a loner.

But, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what other happy couples have. I'm really happy for Sydney and his lovely lady. They seem like a perfect match together... even though all relationships take work.

For my own sake, I'm probably lucky that my friend Pui got sick, even though I would not wish that on anyone. I'm pretty sure I would not be happy having only one lady in my life. As it is now, I can help her all I can, and I've seen remarkable improvement. She is now leaving her mother's house to visit friends, and she is contacting others with the new smart phone I bought her.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

I'm not looking... I don't want to meet her Ozzy... nothing good will come of it... I hear they can even take half (or more) of your money.. 55
    See the issue is a lot of guys seam to think they need to tell her what they have, what they own. Maybe they like to big month themselves or something. Dont tell her what you got but still take care of her. In most cases she doesn't want to know as long as she and her family are ok.

Got a mate at the moment dating a indo girl. He is buying her expensive gifts, staying at high end hotels in Jakarta etc its all over Facebook its his first Asian relationship. It just gives them the impression you are loaded. Asian girls are more happy with the simple things in life. My wife knows nothing about my financial situation she doesn't need too. But in saying that I would do anything for her.

She would rather a fresh fish than see my bank statement.

Not sure if that makes sense.........555
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 2nd March 2017 at 19:11.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Cadet Gold
    A lot of my friends have been married to their Thai partners for 20-30 years or longer. They all live in Thailand however.
    My personal experience is 38+ years and counting of marriage and a couple of years practice before that. The age difference is 9 years.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Personally, I think women are just more practical than men when they reach their mid to late twenties. Too many men continually think out of their OTHER head, rather than the one on their shoulders. Women in their mid twenties and older know it takes a steady, reliable source of income to survive, and they use their marketing skills to acquire it. Virtually ALL the Thai women I've had heart to heart talks with all say the same thing... The majority of Thai men are not reliable, either as an income source, or not messing around with other women. The wealthy Thai men are the worst. No wonder so many Thai women are jealous. And, the Thai government does not require a Thai man to pay for the children he fathers. I would hazard a guess that well over 80% of all the women working as bar girls in Thailand's form of prostitution, all have a child or two (or 3) back home with momma.

And, the Thai government doesn't really care, because if they did they would do something positive about it.

Be that as it may, the Thai women do have a very strong bond with their matriarchal society... mothers, daughters and children. Men are just an inconvenience, and a possible source of income.

I'm not discounting true love or even May-December relationships. They do happen, but it's not the norm. Last time I checked the numbers it wasn't that great in the western world, either. I think close to 50% of all first time marriages fail, and it gets worse as the numbers increase.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast