Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Have you ever met a famous person

Lightbulb Have you ever met a famous person

Many years ago back home in England I had several jobs in the world of entertainment , during that time I met several stars and showbiz celebrities , like Tom Jones and Roger Moore .

So has any one here also met a star or showbiz celebrity , or famous person ?

If so who ?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Many years ago back home in England I had several jobs in the world of entertainment , during that time I met several stars and showbiz celebrities , like Tom Jones and Roger Moore .

So has any one here also met a star or showbiz celebrity , or famous person ?

If so who ?
    Depends what is classified famous, I don't get into Actors/Actresses Hollywood has no interest to me. So putting that in my pipe and puffing on and having a think - no one I can recall that comes to mind 😑

My first chance to catch up with OP who looks a welcome addition to the TD board, welcome Oly 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 1st March 2017 at 22:34.
    Olympus likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I think you need to rephrase the question. Who here is famous?

We have quite few famous people as BMs Olympus; See if you can spot them...
    Olympus likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Personal contact or spoken with ...

Roger Daltry as passenger in my London mini-cab.

HRH QE2 whilst manager for 1970 Royal garden party. [Only time I ever wore top-hat and tails 555]

Rebecca Gibney - Sydney 1980's, as hotel duty manager. She's still a good looking lady even now!

Bob Hawke - Sydney, had to rouse him from suite in time for ALP meeting ... 'twas a rowdy party the night before ...

There were other famous or wealthy people I spotted or came into contact with in London although many 'names' were unknown to me at the time. Among these was one of the Bahrain ruling family, Sheik somethingorother, who was staying in a penthouse suite at the Dorchester. A BOAC flatmate and an entire aircrew had been invited to a party and since I had access to a Kings Road clothing store (another story), I went along too ... all of us dressed in borrowed suits or jackets ... velvet was the in-thing!
    Upon entering the suite a very pleasant chap asked what we'd all like to drink. Assuming he was a servant, I requested Heineken "If you have it. please". A crate (all on ice) was sent up by room service! 555 The 'servant' was in fact our host.
    Sydney, justcruzing1, obes and 1 others like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^ 4 KR is probably quite impressive in the scheme of things .... i can claim only 1 ... Peter Garrett hoping out of his old yellow volvo at a petrol station in the late 80's
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think you need to rephrase the question. Who here is famous?

We have quite few famous people as BMs Olympus; See if you can spot them...
    ME !! .... at least thats what my mind tells me ... 55

He's a legend in his own mind .......
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Personal contact or spoken with ...

Roger Daltry as passenger in my London mini-cab.

HRH QE2 whilst manager for 1970 Royal garden party. [Only time I ever wore top-hat and tails 555]

Rebecca Gibney - Sydney 1980's, as hotel duty manager. She's still a good looking lady even now!

Bob Hawke - Sydney, had to rouse him from suite in time for ALP meeting ... 'twas a rowdy party the night before ...

There were other famous or wealthy people I spotted or came into contact with in London although many 'names' were unknown to me at the time. Among these was one of the Bahrain ruling family, Sheik somethingorother, who was staying in a penthouse suite at the Dorchester. A BOAC flatmate and an entire aircrew had been invited to a party and since I had access to a Kings Road clothing store (another story), I went along too ... all of us dressed in borrowed suits or jackets ... velvet was the in-thing!
    Upon entering the suite a very pleasant chap asked what we'd all like to drink. Assuming he was a servant, I requested Heineken "If you have it. please". A crate (all on ice) was sent up by room service! 555 The 'servant' was in fact our host.
    Great story , bell bottoms and velvet jackets (<>)

Did you pass the Knowledge?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I met the famous photographer Ian Forbes...55

I have met

Steve Vizard
    Bob Dylan
    Rodney Rude
    Julie Bishop and a hand full of over politicians over the years
    obes and Olympus like this.

Lightbulb

Has any one met Rolf Harris

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

I have met

Steve Vizard
    Bob Dylan
    Rodney Rude
    I got pointed at By Rodney coming back from the toilet.5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

I have met

Steve Vizard
    Bob Dylan
    Rodney Rude

Bob Dylan is the only one I recognize , may be the rest are from down under
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Mick Doohan, Barry Sheen, Arron Slight, Robert Holden (last one not so famous unless you were a Kiwi into road racing)
    obes and Hatari like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Bishop Desmond Tutu, but to be honest I have not actually met him but quite often see him on his early morning walk as I go to work. He waves though, or perhaps he is just gesturing for me to slow down 555

Oh yes and a few Springbok rugby players that very few here would know of.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Mick Doohan, Barry Sheen, Arron Slight, Robert Holden (last one not so famous unless you were a Kiwi into road racing)
    Mick Doohan and co were 'nodding' neighbours at Southport Yacht Club ...
    obes likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Mick Doohan and co were 'nodding' neighbours at Southport Yacht Club ...
    Used to deal with my X at Grand Motors thats how i met him.
    Alan Jones told us to Fucking slow down as we plowed past his place in a 25 berty.55555 Does that count.55555
    Come to think of it thats very close to where Barry Sheen lived..

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Has any one met Rolf Harris
    555......he used to be sponsored by British Paints for many years...one time when I was a kid (early 1960's) my mother and I were passing a promotional gig he was doing in a hardware shop in Newcastle Australia...we stopped in to see what all the fuss was about and he painted a portrait (face) of me on butchers paper in British Paints with a 6" brush in about 10 seconds, then gave it to me...I think I was suitably unimpressed even back then
    obes and Olympus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Used to deal with my X at Grand Motors thats how i met him.
    Alan Jones told us to Fucking slow down as we plowed past his place in a 25 berty.55555 Does that count.55555
    Come to think of it thats very close to where Barry Sheen lived..
    Mmmh...forgot about Alan Jones ... he was a client of mine for many years and I often visited his home, an islet off Isle of Capri on main river. His (ex?) wife Bev was a lovely lady. I think AJ lost a bundle in later ventures but he was a super bloke, not up himself like Allan Grice.
    wabbits and obes like this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    555......he used to be sponsored by British Paints for many years...one time when I was a kid (early 1960's) my mother and I were passing a promotional gig he was doing in a hardware shop in Newcastle Australia...we stopped in to see what all the fuss was about and he painted a portrait (face) of me on butchers paper in British Paints with a 6" brush in about 10 seconds, then gave it to me...I think I was suitably unimpressed even back then
    You've met just about every famous person in the Australian music industry haven't you? I haven't... but I am related to someone famous that I have never met.... and he's not a Creep.. 55

Like PeterG met a few All Blacks, a few of whom were in my class at Uni. Met a few English rugby players in the 90s too... one 6ft 10 player I met in my bathroom where he was shagging a mate of mine (female mate... 55)
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    In person I've met Ozzy Osbourne, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich of Metallica. A couple of football players, but their names wouldn't mean much to a lot of people here. Minor politicians and some authors if you can consider them famous.

Ozzy was the standout out of the lot though. Fucking tripper, that one.
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Mmmh...forgot about Alan Jones ... he was a client of mine for many years and I often visited his home, an islet off Isle of Capri on main river. His (ex?) wife Bev was a lovely lady. I think AJ lost a bundle in later ventures but he was a super bloke, not up himself like Allan Grice.
    Never thought of Grice agree complete toss pot.
    But Allan Jones had a house in Benowa Waters maybe that was after he lost a lot of money.5555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast