Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How much sleep do you get?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

How much sleep do you get?

The new guy is hogging up all these types of questions! 555

Just wondering how much sleep people get and their sleep patterns.

I only sleep about 5 hours a night during the week, with usually an hour nap late afternoon.
    I get up at 5am, sometimes 4:15/4:30pm for work but I hate gojfn to sleep early.

On the weekends I sleep slot. Probably 11 hours a day total

But I wouldn't mind getting out of skipping my naps
    Olympus likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    If I am home, I go to bed and 7 hours later I wake up.... doesn't matter what time I go to bed....

At work, when we overnight, lucky to get 4...
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I go to sleep around 9.30 to 10pm most nights. Always up before 6.00am

If I have a late night even like 3am in the morning I sleep in to about 7am.

since I turned 50 I have had a few afternoon naps..........55

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    About 7 hours I try for alway try to be in bed and noning before midnight.

Lightbulb

Depends on the weather at the time , hot nights with no bedroom aircon can keep me tossing and turning , wet season and the sound of the rain lashing down , sends me straight off to sleep , normally Iím in bed around 11pm , and all ways awake around 6am .

I get as much sleep as I can. Not necessarily as much as I want or I need, but as much as I can...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I go to sleep around 9.30 to 10pm most nights. Always up before 6.00am
    That's pretty much my pattern as well. I really envy people who only need 4-5 hours a night. They usually seem to have more energy as well. I'm thinking it could just be habit, so I've started to get up a bit earlier these days. Only about half an hour mind 555. I've started running in the mornings again as well, so I'll see where that leads to.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Depends on the weather at the time , hot nights with no bedroom aircon can keep me tossing and turning , wet season and the sound of the rain lashing down , sends me straight off to sleep , normally I’m in bed around 11pm , and all ways awake around 6am.
    Heat is the worst. Bad for your brain. I can't sleep unless it's near freezing. Even in winter I at least have the fan going.
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    I get as much sleep as I can. Not necessarily as much as I want or I need, but as much as I can...
    Me too. I love it 55. I don't do naps during the day though. Always makes me cranky.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    That's pretty much my pattern as well. I really envy people who only need 4-5 hours a night. They usually seem to have more energy as well. I'm thinking it could just be habit, so I've started to get up a bit earlier these days. Only about half an hour mind 555. I've started running in the mornings again as well, so I'll see where that leads to.

I was running in the mornings but gave it up due to lack of interest......55

I drop the wife to work at 6,30am, 5 days a week and then go to the gym. At 8am take my son to school so the first part of the morning is busy. I think exercise or a bit of sexercise in the morning starts your day off well.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I was running in the mornings but gave it up due to lack of interest......55

I drop the wife to work at 6,30am, 5 days a week and then go to the gym. At 8am take my son to school so the first part of the morning is busy. I think exercise or a bit of sexercise in the morning starts your day off well.
    I was feeling like a million bucks today too... until I had Chinese for lunch. Now there's only MSG sweats and regret..
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    For 60 odd years I always woke at sun-up.
    Even if I'd been out all night.
    Now I can happily roll over and get another couple of hours.
    I average 10 hours a night plus an afternoon nap if it is quiet enough.
    Seldom do I have something so urgent that it can't be put off until tomorrow - the bliss of retirement in your old age.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I try to go to bed at 9.30 - 10 to try establish a pattern of sleep as being a bit of a bad sleeper ive read that regular hours of sleep can help....well it doesnt help me 555 I usually lay awake sometimes for hours thinking about stupid shit . Then when I get to sleep its only very light and I will wake up to the sound of a pin drop.
    I wake up most days about 7.30 am exhausted and if I have a really bad sleep I actually can feel sick.
    Ive spoken to my Doctor about it and he thinks its from shift work in the Emergency service and having to respond to the sound of the "fire Bells" going of at the Station and having to get going ASAP....Pavlovs Dog ?
    After 3 yrs of "retirement" I would have thought I would be past that .....Im now thinking its because my brain is just a Prick 555
    obes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I try to go to bed at 9.30 - 10 to try establish a pattern of sleep as being a bit of a bad sleeper ive read that regular hours of sleep can help....well it doesnt help me 555 I usually lay awake sometimes for hours thinking about stupid shit . Then when I get to sleep its only very light and I will wake up to the sound of a pin drop.
    I wake up most days about 7.30 am exhausted and if I have a really bad sleep I actually can feel sick.
    Ive spoken to my Doctor about it and he thinks its from shift work in the Emergency service and having to respond to the sound of the "fire Bells" going of at the Station and having to get going ASAP....Pavlovs Dog ?
    After 3 yrs of "retirement" I would have thought I would be past that .....Im now thinking its because my brain is just a Prick 555
    Try using a fan on low.
    That cuts out a lot of background noise such as pins dropping.
    Quarky and obes like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I really don't have a pattern since I have lived in LoS...I am lucky if I can get to bed before 2am and sleep 5 hours straight...many times it is only 3-4...but I mostly get in a nap sometime around 5.30-6pm for 40 mins or so if I am fading...seems to do the trick

even when I was working 14-15 hour days back in AUS back when I was running my business I still only got in about 5-6 hours most nights... I could never sleep before midnight and would get up to swim around 5.30am...weekends were pretty much the same only I played golf early (6.00-6.30am) then after that did all my domestic stuff...if I was lucky I would get in a nap then late afternoon in a sunny spot once all the chores were done

Heat is the worst. Bad for your brain. I can't sleep unless it's near freezing. Even in winter I at least have the fan going.
    I'm fine with 4-5 hours and I don't drink coffee either

But I'm a good sleeper, so the sleep I get is usually pretty good.

I also wake right up, don't need to lay in bed and the tiredness is gone within being up for 5mins.

I'm also need it pretty cold to sleep.
    Dupree and I are going to Maui in April and a lot of the condos didn't have AC, they'd say that gets good breezes.
    And hopefully I don't need the AC but no way would I rent a place without, just in case it's too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Try using a fan on low.
    That cuts out a lot of background noise such as pins dropping.
    Thanks , ill give that a go.

And if I catch the Bastard sneaking around my place dropping pins late at night Ill stick a pack of them up their arse 55 Pointy end first 55
    obes and Bacon like this.

Are you drinking enough alcohol?

Thanks , ill give that a go.

And if I catch the Bastard sneaking around my place dropping pins late at night Ill stick a pack of them up their arse 55 Pointy end first 55
    Ha!

I always put my fan on to sleep.

Funny, I read hotel reviews and they complain about the fan being too loud and I am like, great I will book that hotel!

Are you drinking enough alcohol?
    Im trying to , But I do need to practice more 55

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast