• 3 Post By kaptainrob
  • 2 Post By Zablive
  • 4 Post By RakThai
  • 1 Post By Tingtong
  • 3 Post By Tingtong
  • 2 Post By Changone

Thread: The moral of this story is

Lightbulb The moral of this story is

Well this morning was a lesson learned . This friend had just bought himself a brand new Nissan car , very nice all in Black . He had it for a few days and rang me this morning to go and see him and his new Nissan baby . Well he decided to take the car to be cleaned both inside and out , at a car cleaners . I immediately told him my story about how in the past I had taken my new Triton to a car wash shop , to have the out side washed and polished. This was the first time that I had ever used a car wash shop and thought nothing more about it . Well I made the big mistake of leaving my new Triton at the shop to be washed and polished while I walked to a nearby 7-11 where I purchased snacks and drinks , which I sat out side to eat . I strolled back to the car wash shop to find my lovely gleaming Triton all washed and polished. I paid and went home . I parked the Triton in my drive way and got out , as I closed the passenger door I could clearly see several deep scratch marks on the paint work , that I had not noticed when I picked the Triton up from the car wash shop ,

Looking back I had made the mistake of not walking around the Triton before I drove away from the car wash shop. These scratches on the paint work were in a circular pattern , and looked like they were made by either using a shammy leather that had sand / grit on it , or a dirty polishing cloth.

My lesson learned , never use a car cleaning shop ever again.

Well my friend said that the car cleaning place he was going to take his new Nissan to, was a place he had used in the past for his old car , and he never had a problem . So off we drove . The car cleaning shop looked old and run down and seemed to be staffed with teenage boys that looked half asleep or with their faces looking downwards at a mobile phone . I suggested that we keen eye on the boys and see what they get up to , No need I was told , they are reliable .

We left the car cleaning shop and walked across the road to food place where we sat and had some thing to eat and drink. As we walked back to the car cleaning shop I just said to my friend , donít forget to check the car over before we leave . Well there on the rear passenger side door were several long scratch marks , which to me would be the sort of scratch marks a dog would leave if it had jumped up on the door. Needless to say the deadbeat boys knew nothing about the scratches and the shops owner was missing. One un happy friend .

The moral of this story is , I would never recommend taking your vehicle to a car wash shop in Pattaya ( or any where else ) clean it your self if you can .

^Clean your house and clean your own car... only way to be safe.. 55

Olympus... either you have been saving all these stories up after years of silence... or you fit a lot into 24 hours each day... 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Clean your house and clean your own car... only way to be safe.. 55

Olympus... either you have been saving all these stories up after years of silence... or you fit a lot into 24 hours each day... 55
    For me these are just normal thoughts and things that go on in my every day life , my problem seems to be that I like to share them , where many would just stay quiet . Ive got endless story's from my some times unstable past , but they are for another day . Can't stay too long as I have to accompany a mate to the clinic , he's going to get his test report to day , and he's nervous . More later on that .
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    What kind of fool would give his "Baby" to a bunch of idiots to clean?

Its a good thing your mate didn't own a Ferrari, a Bentley, or a nice BMW.
    FFS, who wants a bunch of morons cleaning his car even if it's cheap?
    I wouldn't let anything of mine near somewhere like that....EVER.
    My car only ever goes to a "Jetwash" type of cleaner so that human idiots are nowhere within a BULLS ROAR of my precious paintwork.

I'm never disappointed.....
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

My car only ever goes to a "Jetwash" type of cleaner so that human idiots are nowhere within a BULLS ROAR of my precious paintwork.

C1's pickup before Jetwash ...

Quarky, PeteGill and OZZYGUY like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

^Hahaha...that POS is nobody's baby...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Load of Tosh C1 - you know the maid does it 555!
    Quarky and Changone like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Well this morning was a lesson learned . This friend had just bought himself a brand new Nissan car , very nice all in Black . He had it for a few days and rang me this morning to go and see him and his new Nissan baby . Well he decided to take the car to be cleaned both inside and out , at a car cleaners . I immediately told him my story about how in the past I had taken my new Triton to a car wash shop , to have the out side washed and polished. This was the first time that I had ever used a car wash shop and thought nothing more about it . Well I made the big mistake of leaving my new Triton at the shop to be washed and polished while I walked to a nearby 7-11 where I purchased snacks and drinks , which I sat out side to eat . I strolled back to the car wash shop to find my lovely gleaming Triton all washed and polished. I paid and went home . I parked the Triton in my drive way and got out , as I closed the passenger door I could clearly see several deep scratch marks on the paint work , that I had not noticed when I picked the Triton up from the car wash shop ,

Looking back I had made the mistake of not walking around the Triton before I drove away from the car wash shop. These scratches on the paint work were in a circular pattern , and looked like they were made by either using a shammy leather that had sand / grit on it , or a dirty polishing cloth.

Well my friend said that the car cleaning place he was going to take his new Nissan to, was a place he had used in the past for his old car , and he never had a problem . So off we drove . The car cleaning shop looked old and run down and seemed to be staffed with teenage boys that looked half asleep or with their faces looking downwards at a mobile phone . I suggested that we keen eye on the boys and see what they get up to , No need I was told , they are reliable .

We left the car cleaning shop and walked across the road to food place where we sat and had some thing to eat and drink. As we walked back to the car cleaning shop I just said to my friend , don’t forget to check the car over before we leave . Well there on the rear passenger side door were several long scratch marks , which to me would be the sort of scratch marks a dog would leave if it had jumped up on the door. Needless to say the deadbeat boys knew nothing about the scratches and the shops owner was missing. One un happy friend .

The moral of this story is , I would never recommend taking your vehicle to a car wash shop in Pattaya ( or any where else ) clean it your self if you can .
    The moral of this story would be completely different for me..

As in, why on earth would you want to drive a new car in a place like Pattaya?
    The scratching and denting will be a certainty.. If not in the car-wash, then while parked on a busy road, or from kids playing in your living area.

I just don't understand people buying expensive shit when it becomes a liability and requires constant guarding and protection!

A friend of mine like to buy and drive limited edition classic cars. In my opinion he pays way to much for basically old cars.. They look good, and it can be a pleasure (because his and not mine), but..
    It needs to be parked in the garage, which makes leaving 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds..
    He has to stop to a halt at every speed-bump, which in my over-regulated country is about every 50 meters in domestic area's.
    He can't go for a walk in the forest with his baby.. The forest roads are totally unsuitable for his love and she will get all dirty..
    Parking in the city is impossible! I am happy to find a parking space, he rejects 80% of the available parking space because of damage risks..55

When I go anywhere with him, he will ask if I could drive, please.. Not for my driving style, but for the fact that it means taking my car..

Yes, my car is a 10 year old ex lease car, 400k km on the clock. Kids can have muddy shoes, the dogs can find their own space, I don't give a rats ass about parking, speed bumps or car cleaning..
    It's a tool getting me from a to b, and back..

So when my friend comes to visit, I will get off my driveway and park on the street, so his missus can be safe.. 555
    Quarky, briofoz, OZZYGUY and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    As most will know I come from the automotive industry. Nothing wrong with going to a car wash. The issue you had was you should go around the car BEFORE you start with the car wash staff. Look for any existing damage and take notes or photos it.

Then when you return go over it again with the car wash staff. This is the mistake the public and workshop owners make. Also check kms and fuel etc.

This was our procedure on all drop offs and in most cases up sold extra work for pre existing damage that the owners just didn't realise was all ready there.

Not saying your car or your mates had pre existing damage but a lot of the time when people pick up a car they notice things that they never seen before. This is extremely common.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post

We left the car cleaning shop and walked across the road to food place where we sat and had some thing to eat and drink. As we walked back to the car cleaning shop I just said to my friend , don’t forget to check the car over before we leave . Well there on the rear passenger side door were several long scratch marks , which to me would be the sort of scratch marks a dog would leave if it had jumped up on the door. Needless to say the deadbeat boys knew nothing about the scratches and the shops owner was missing. One un happy friend .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    The simple solution is to wash it yourself,
    Materials need... Bucket, sponge,water,soap, elbow grease.
    Time Required... approx 15 min's
    Results....A clean Car, self satisfaction .
    Rewards , Beer

I do realize not every one has some where to wash a Car, but if you do, why pay some other prick to do it?
    Changone likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    TT ever noticed all the car wash shops setting up in our shopping centres? Drop your car, get a wash while you are shopping. Some people are lazy, some like a good wash, some have too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    The simple solution is to wash it yourself,
    Materials need... Bucket, sponge,water,soap, elbow grease.
    Time Required... approx 15 min's
    Results....A clean Car, self satisfaction .
    Rewards , Beer

I do realize not every one has some where to wash a Car, but if you do, why pay some other prick to do it?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    TT ever noticed all the car wash shops setting up in our shopping centres? Drop your car, get a wash while you are shopping. Some people are lazy, some like a good wash, some have too much money.
    Yep, My mates a perfect example of the. Now this Mate never got any money and got plenty of time on his hands but every week he takes his Car to his Local shopping center to get it washed.
    I think he likes watching the Indians washing it 55 , I asked him why he doesnt do it himself and save the money. He recons they do a good job....Im sure he could do it just as good , its not rocket surgery 555
    Water on , water off
    Changone, OZZYGUY and TLandHim like this.

I think he likes watching the Indians washing it 55
    Who wouldn't...555

Indians are well known for liking to stand and watch other people work....
    Zablive and Tingtong like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I get my bike detailed about once a month....I drop it to the basement of the shopping centre when I go to see a movie...and ride it away when the movie is over...they do a great job on it....wash, polish, black the tyres, conditioner on the seat, unpainted farings and grips, adjust the brakes etc etc...and all for under $5....very happy with that

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Geez... For 5 bucks I couldn't be arsed doing it myself when I can be sitting sucking a cold orange juice watching them do it.

Had mine done many times without a problem. Usually great job too.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

It's a tool getting me from a to b, and back..
    Exactly Ral, the one and only reason I have a Car

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Geez... For 5 bucks I couldn't be arsed doing it myself when I can be sitting sucking a cold orange juice watching them do it.

You're not Indian are you...?...555