Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: On the way to work,

On the way to work,

I often see two cars involved in a rear end accident and they are blocking several kilometers of traffic on a major roads. The cars are fine, the damage is only cosmetic. But the drivers park their cars as they were in the middle of the road and they hide under the nearest shade and wait for their insurance company to show up. Don't care if they are causing thousands of people to be late for work. Despite the fact that there is no need to leave the cars on the road because there should be no dispute over who's fault it is. When two cars collide, the car from behind is at fault. You can't say 'He braked too hard!', it doesn't work. Unless the guy in front reversed into your car, it is always the fault of the car from behind when two cars collide.

But every fucking day, I see two morons standing in the middle of the road, blocking the entire traffic because they could not communicate with each other in a mature way. Fucking pathetic.
    Quarky, 1080, Ian Forbes and 2 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    hahah yeah people suck.

Saw a woman once with with a bowl of breakfast on her lap doing her makeup at the lights.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    hahah yeah people suck.

Saw a woman once with with a bowl of breakfast on her lap doing her makeup at the lights.
    May have been my ex-gf......big time make up in the car girl 555

I don't own a car and walk 8mins to work.....
    Bacon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    All new cars should come with cameras fitted new from the factory. That would end any fear of moving cars after an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    All new cars should come with cameras fitted new from the factory. That would end any fear of moving cars after an accident.
    May be coming sooner than you think. Thailand has introduced a discount scheme on vehicle insurance if you send proof of camera purchase and fitment.
    Tingtong likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I've been told that Police in Thailand require that the cars remain where they were when the accident hapened until they have visited the scene and attributed "fault"...

so no moving them out of traffic asap like we would in AUS or elsewhere

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Don't stress to much it wont be long to cars are self driven. You will hardly see a accident and if you do it is computer error so the fault of the car manufacture not the driver.

This is happening now and a major concern for the insurance company's loosing premium as its a large part of there income in auto policy's.
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Don't stress to much it wont be long to cars are self driven. You will hardly see a accident and if you do it is computer error so the fault of the car manufacture not the driver.

This is happening now and a major concern for the insurance company's loosing premium as its a large part of there income in auto policy's.
    How long before AI's are so good you can't tell what is human and what isn't.. instead of wondering if she is a LadyBoy you'll be wondering if she is an AI... in my case, I'd be hoping she was! ..55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    ^^ kinky bugger 555
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    ^^ kinky bugger 555
    I'll take a woman who can imitate an AI... ie. remove emotions... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'll take a woman who can imitate an AI... ie. remove emotions... 55
    Another search for something impossible to achieve 555!
    Quarky likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I think that is now a requirement with all new Russian vehicles. That is where all those crazy accident videos come from.
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    I often see two cars involved in a rear end accident and they are blocking several kilometers of traffic on a major roads. The cars are fine, the damage is only cosmetic. But the drivers park their cars as they were in the middle of the road and they hide under the nearest shade and wait for their insurance company to show up. Don't care if they are causing thousands of people to be late for work. Despite the fact that there is no need to leave the cars on the road because there should be no dispute over who's fault it is. When two cars collide, the car from behind is at fault. You can't say 'He braked too hard!', it doesn't work. Unless the guy in front reversed into your car, it is always the fault of the car from behind when two cars collide.

But every fucking day, I see two morons standing in the middle of the road, blocking the entire traffic because they could not communicate with each other in a mature way. Fucking pathetic.
    That is very common in Canada because of insurance fault and possible injury claims... even in the most simple of accidents. I've seen an entire highway closed down for 4 hours or more after a relatively simple accident. In Thailand they just drive around the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I think that is now a requirement with all new Russian vehicles. That is where all those crazy accident videos come from.
    I think we should start a thread...

What are the benefits of living with a lover? I can think of lots of negatives... but positives escape me... I am far too selfish to share.... I honestly don't know how people do it... when you have a choice... whereas when your lover has her own pad... it stays exciting without the day to day getting on each other's nerves? (Yes, people get on my nerves very quickly... 55)

I think we should start a thread...

What are the benefits of living with a lover? I can think of lots of negatives... but positives escape me... I am far too selfish to share.... I honestly don't know how people do it... when you have a choice... whereas when your lover has her own pad... it stays exciting without the day to day getting on each other's nerves? (Yes, people get on my nerves very quickly... 55)
    I certainly like my "space". No frigging way I would want to live with someone any more. But, everyone is different. Personalities are so drastically different that there is "no one size fits all" situation. As much as I would never wish Pui's medical problems on anyone, even people I dislike, I am probably lucky for MY SAKE that it happened... for personally selfish reasons. I don't want to live with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I certainly like my "space". No frigging way I would want to live with someone any more. But, everyone is different. Personalities are so drastically different that there is "no one size fits all" situation. As much as I would never wish Pui's medical problems on anyone, even people I dislike, I am probably lucky for MY SAKE that it happened... for personally selfish reasons. I don't want to live with someone.
    But I am really interested to know the reasons why a lot of people like to co-habitate though... because save a very select few couples.. most couples I know don't seem compatible or even particularly happy with the arrangement.. they seem to tolerate it more than enjoy it... and yet wouldn't dream of not living with someone... I can see how children might change things... for a while... but apart from that, save the lucky 5% who seem to be compatible... why do people put themselves through it? Especially when they know most marriages end up in divorce these days...

But I am really interested to know the reasons why a lot of people like to co-habitate though... because save a very select few couples.. most couples I know don't seem compatible or even particularly happy with the arrangement.. they seem to tolerate it more than enjoy it... and yet wouldn't dream of not living with someone... I can see how children might change things... for a while... but apart from that, save the lucky 5% who seem to be compatible... why do people put themselves through it? Especially when they know most marriages end up in divorce these days...
    I also thought seriously about this and of the many reasons why people choose to live together, I narrowed it down to one, which is SEX.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    ^ With the price of real estate in Aust I think living together would be more about money......then Sex .

^ With the price of real estate in Aust I think living together would be more about money......then Sex .
    If I may, from reading this comment I am guessing that you are a female. Correct?

Because I think woman is more expensive than any house, anywhere in the world.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    I also thought seriously about this and of the many reasons why people choose to live together, I narrowed it down to one, which is SEX.
    No. The real reason they start living together is so they can have SEX without having to pay for TWO so expensive homes...555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast