Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Airline dress code

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Airline dress code

We've had this chat before about how people dress on flights.

It was in the news because United made 2 young girls change out of their leggings because they were travelling on buddy passes.....free flights for family and friends of employees and those passes have a dress code.

I fully agree with this.....I think people dress like absolute bums on flights.
    And I especially think parents allow their kids to dress like trash on flights.

My nephews and stepson know if they travel with me they have to look presentable.
    Nice jeans or slacks....a nice shirt.

STASI: Airline employee relatives don't get free dress code pass - NY Daily News

United Airlines kicks two girls off flight for wearing leggings

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    If you fly Economy and the Airline treats you like trash, I think you have the right to dress like shit if you want too. If they want people to dress to a standard, they better lift theirs.

But I alway dress neatly .
    Bar Four likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    You should dress in what ever is the most comfortable. Flights are uncomfortable at the best of times last thing you really need is to be more uncomfortable.
    Quarky, PeteGill, Bar Four and 3 others like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Young girls will follow fashion trends. Their Idols are walking down the street dressed that way.
    Can you really Blame them?

Good thing they weren't flying Qatar or Emirates, put this hijab on girls...555

Taylor Swift, Hailey Baldwin, Gigi, and Bella Hadid Wear Alo Yoga Moto Leggings | Teen Vogue

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    is work wear acceptable?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    If you fly Economy and the Airline treats you like trash, I think you have the right to dress like shit if you want too. If they want people to dress to a standard, they better lift theirs.

That is an extremely good point.

Although I will say, in a lot of instances in the last couple years.....I think the service in economy has improved immensely on North American airlines

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    You should dress in what ever is the most comfortable. Flights are uncomfortable at the best of times last thing you really need is to be more uncomfortable.
    To a point....
    If someone wants to look like a bum and wear sweatpants.....I don't see anything wrong with that although i wouldn't or allow the kids to dress like that.

But I think things like flip flops, tank tops(you say singlets) aren't suitable because you are going from your own comfort to possibly discomforting a fellow passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Young girls will follow fashion trends. Their Idols are walking down the street dressed that way.
    Can you really Blame them?

Good thing they weren't flying Qatar or Emirates, put this hijab on girls...555

Taylor Swift, Hailey Baldwin, Gigi, and Bella Hadid Wear Alo Yoga Moto Leggings | Teen Vogue
    I think leggings look great on girls.....my favorite fashion trend.
    Although I do see adults letting their kids dress is some crappy looking ones.

But in this case.....it's an actual dress code to fly on a free ticket.
    So it brings up a whole other issue.....of social media outrage when the person didn't even know the actual rules

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    I don't feel I have to dress up at all. I wear my work clothes, 90% of my flights are international to and from work. Only my work clothes are extremely casual. We wear coveralls when doing labor and what ever we want while doing desk work. Most people wear what I call laundry day clothes, faded with holes. So, six months a year you are not wearing out your nice things, good way to save money.

You couldn't call me a bum, nut nobody would mistake me for a CEO.

I think the whole dress up thing is a throw back to a time when flying was a very special occasion and only a certain class of people can afford.

I am with Ash, be comfortable.
    PeteGill, Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That is an extremely good point.

Although I will say, in a lot of instances in the last couple years.....I think the service in economy has improved immensely on North American airlines
    I agree that your behaviour towards the airline should reflect theirs in some way, but you dress mostly for yourself. Trashy outfits say a lot about the person and their level of self respect. I judge people by how they dress in certain situations and have no issues with it. I think it's a good indication of where they stand on the social ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    is work wear acceptable?
    Nothing wrong with work clothes IMO as long as they don't smell.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Yeah i am not sure where M26 is coming from on this on as well, other than the fact that he loves clothes and has 59 pairs of shoes .. 5555

Tanktop ? .. never seen anyone go that far ... sweatpants ( trackies ) for sure no problem, every heard of thrombosis M26 ?

How to avoid getting deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on a long-haul flight, ... wear loose, comfortable clothes; consider flight socks; do anti-DVT ...
    ??

I would be putting behavior about 10 steps ahead of clothing in terms on airline etiquette, the well behaved and considerate dude in his trackies or the obnoxious loud mouthed prick in Armani ??

First snobbish post i have seen from Paulie .. 555555
    Quarky, Bacon, OZZYGUY and 1 others like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I agree that your behaviour towards the airline should reflect theirs in some way, but you dress mostly for yourself. Trashy outfits say a lot about the person and their level of self respect. I judge people by how they dress in certain situations and have no issues with it. I think it's a good indication of where they stand on the social ladder.

Nothing wrong with work clothes as long as they don't smell too much.
    I have argued with my sister for years about how she allows her sons to dress for school.
    They'd go to school in gym shorts and sneakers.

I feel that it didn't put them in the mind frame to learn.

Funny enough....my closest nephew who is basically my son......listened to me. He dresses nice for school and has gotten his hockey team to wear suits on game days.
    Hey, what do you know....he's an honors student!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Yeah i am not sure where M26 is coming from on this on as well, other than the fact that he loves clothes and has 59 pairs of shoes .. 5555

Tanktop ? .. never seen anyone go that far ... sweatpants ( trackies ) for sure no problem, every heard of thrombosis M26 ?

How to avoid getting deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on a long-haul flight, ... wear loose, comfortable clothes; consider flight socks; do anti-DVT ...
    ??

I would be putting behavior about 10 steps ahead of clothing in terms on airline etiquette, the well behaved and considerate dude in his trackies or the obnoxious loud mouthed prick in Armani ??

First snobbish post i have seen from Paulie .. 555555
    Good point about behaviour.

I have argued with my sister for years about how she allows her sons to dress for school.
    They'd go to school in gym shorts and sneakers.

I feel that it didn't put them in the mind frame to learn.

Funny enough....my closest nephew who is basically my son......listened to me. He dresses nice for school and has gotten his hockey team to wear suits on game days.
    Hey, what do you know....he's an honors student!
    It's funny how different types of clothing make people think and behave differently.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
    --Mark Twain

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
    --Mark Twain
    He obviously never went to a go go club.. They influence me, in a good way 555
    Quarky, Bacon and Cippy like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    how I dress for a flight really depends upon what class, where I am going and what I am doing there

I only ever travel with carry on these days...just a rollaboard and laptop bag, so if I am heading to a cold climate for business (usually europe) I will wear a fine wool suit and a merino zip neck sweater...with leather shoes...and carry my overcoat over my arm...to cut down on weight in my rollaboard

If I am heading back home (in winter) and don't need a suit...it will be pretty much the same only swap out jeans for suit pants...for summer it will be linen pants and shirt with loafers...

if it's just local here in Asia it will be shorts (knee length) swapped out for linen pants but still a linen or nice fine cotton shirt and loafers..I don't bother with biz class unless it is long haul..and even then I don't always do biz now...but I always do if I am actually flying for biz...I get jet lag very bad these days

I am not overly concerned about what others wear...as long as they are clean. don't smell and don't walk about the cabin without shoes...as said above...behaviour is way more important than dress
    Last edited by bacwaan; 30th March 2017 at 05:18.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    how I dress for a flight really depends upon what class, where I am going and what I am doing there

I only ever travel with carry on these days...just a rollaboard and laptop bag, so if I am heading to a cold climate for business (usually europe) I will wear a fine wool suit and a merino zip neck sweater...with leather shoes...and carry my overcoat over my arm...to cut down on weight in my rollaboard

If I am heading back home (in winter) and don't need a suit...it will be pretty much the same only swap out jeans for suit pants...for summer it will be linen pants and shirt with loafers...

if it's just local here in Asia it will be shorts (knee length) swapped out for linen pants but still a linen or nice fine cotton shirt and loafers..I don't bother with biz class unless it is long haul..and even then I don't always do biz now...but I always do if I am actually flying for biz...I get jet lag very bad these days

I am not overly concerned about what others wear...as long as they are clean. don't smell and don't walk about the cabin without shoes...as said above...behaviour is way more important than dress
    I've cut down on how much I pack now also.........I'd rather worry about cleaning clothes then lugging a bag around with me
    When I travel on business I always stay at hotels that have over-night dry cleaning and just put my suit in when I check-in so I don't have to drag it with me.......it's rolled up in my bag.

My 10 days to Hawaii next month and my 16 days in Panama/CR I am aiming to bring just a backpack

I'm starting to feel bad about walking around the cabin barefoot now.. I have always done that on long haul flights... my feet swell so much it's just too uncomfortable to wear shoes... after 30 hours on a plane, my feet are like footballs.. 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'm starting to feel bad about walking around the cabin barefoot now.. I have always done that on long haul flights... my feet swell so much it's just too uncomfortable to wear shoes... after 30 hours on a plane, my feet are like footballs.. 55
    I actually bring a brand new pair of socks on every flight

I actually bring a brand new pair of socks on every flight
    I hate socks... 55

Make my feet sweat... so I prefer sandals.. but even then... I guess it might stem from growing up going everywhere in bare feet till I was a teenager... remember the good old days when you could stand on a drawing pin.. and not notice until you had a bath.... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast