Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Where to go in Africa

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Where to go in Africa

Hey

I really want to go somewhere that gets me excited again and I really think Africa will do that for me.

So I think I will do 3 weeks in Africa next year.
    Hell.....I might even do a full month.

But let's say 3 weeks.

What are your suggestions for countries to go to?

I'd really like to see Morocco

But then mostly down south like Rawanda, Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa

I'd assume airline travel is pretty decent through Africa?

Thanks for any help.

Price for anything will not be a concern.
    I will consider this one of a trips of a lifetime so don't want to miss out on anything.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    I have found airline travel in Africa to be a pain in the ass unless you are going to a Major city like Morocco or Joburg/CT. Other than that I am not the best source. Kenya has great Safaris but a lot of places do. I really like Mozambique, but only have limited experience.

You have to of Cape Town of course. Pete will take care of you. 555
    PeteGill likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

I want to see Gorillas!
    Rawanda seems the best place for them?

I'd like to do other safari as well but I want Gorillas.

And Lions.....but Gorillas #1

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Hey

I really want to go somewhere that gets me excited again and I really think Africa will do that for me.

So I think I will do 3 weeks in Africa next year.
    Hell.....I might even do a full month.

But let's say 3 weeks.

What are your suggestions for countries to go to?

I'd really like to see Morocco

But then mostly down south like Rawanda, Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa

I'd assume airline travel is pretty decent through Africa?

Thanks for any help.

Price for anything will not be a concern.
    I will consider this one of a trips of a lifetime so don't want to miss out on anything.

Good choices with Zanzibar and Zambia thrown in down south...Serenghetti Park in Tanzania was my highlight for Safari....Zanzibar is a wonderful crossroads/trading/market destination...and we went in to the Victoria Falls on the Zambia side

You could easily do a trip to arab north africa as part of a trip to europe..or separately...Morocco is fab, especially Fez, The Atlas Mountains and Marakkesh....but Egypt is a must see too if you love history

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Is it tme to look for a new wife Paulie....55

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Good choices with Zanzibar and Zambia thrown in down south...Serenghetti Park in Tanzania was my highlight for Safari....Zanzibar is a wonderful crossroads/trading/market destination...and we went in to the Victoria Falls on the Zambia side

You could easily do a trip to arab north africa as part of a trip to europe..or separately...Morocco is fab, especially Fez, The Atlas Mountains and Marakkesh....but Egypt is a must see too if you love history
    I've heard bad reviews on people that went to Egypt.

I'd really like to do Morocco with Southern Africa just because I feel it would add a different dimension

Flights are so bad.....1500cad to fly to Morocco and then fly back from Cape Town
    19hrs there.....2hrs back

What's crazy is I figured maybe I'd take advantage of being in NYC on biz and fly from there being a bit closer but flights crazy expensive out of NYC

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Is it tme to look for a new wife Paulie....55

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    She smokes.....it's a deal breaker
    No matter how great her tits are 555
    Quarky, Bacon and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Funny I was going to start a thread about Africa. Economic development in the continent seems to have taken off big time in recent years. Watch the video below, it's very interesting.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I've heard bad reviews on people that went to Egypt.

I'd really like to do Morocco with Southern Africa just because I feel it would add a different dimension
    travelling in Arab countries is not for everybody...especially in these polarised times...however The Pyramids, Cairo, Luxor and The Nile are essential destinations for any well travelled person imo...

Perhaps Morrocco, Egypt and Turkey would make more sense (culturally) as a "journey" than tacking Morrocco onto a visit to the Southern countries of Africa...but if it's contrast you want you can't get much more difference on one continent than South Africa to Morrocco

UP2U
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    I want to see Gorillas!
    Rawanda seems the best place for them?

I'd like to do other safari as well but I want Gorillas.

And Lions.....but Gorillas #1
    I think Rawanda would be a pain in the arse to fly to. Probably well worth it though.

Flying into Pemba Mozambique was Denver --> Dulles --> Abu Dahbi --> Dar Es Salaam --> Pemba. Was a three day trip.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    I think Rawanda would be a pain in the arse to fly to. Probably well worth it though.

Flying into Pemba Mozambique was Denver --> Dulles --> Abu Dahbi --> Dar Es Salaam --> Pemba. Was a three day trip.
    Yeah..I have to look at the African flights.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the International flights

But a lot of times....hassle is worth it in the end.
    I don't want to be in places with tons of tourists either for part of the trip.
    Obviously it has to have tourism but don't want over run

And if the Gorillars are in Rawanda.....they ain't coming to see me, I got to go to them!

I just watched a video of Volcanoes National Park.
    You are 7metres from the Gorillas......amazing!!

Now I have to research if that is bad for the Gorillas

travelling in Arab countries is not for everybody...especially in these polarised times...however The Pyramids, Cairo, Luxor and The Nile are essential destinations for any well travelled person imo...

Perhaps Morrocco, Egypt and Turkey would make more sense (culturally) as a "journey" than tacking Morrocco onto a visit to the Southern countries of Africa...but if it's contrast you want you can't get much more difference on one continent than South Africa to Morrocco

UP2U
    I agree with Bacwaan... and if possible maybe include Israel and Jordan? Jerusalem and Petra?
    bacwaan likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Yeah... Cairo,Luxor and the pyramids are awesome. Gotta see them being so close.
    Just make sure there's no gulf war raging nearby like when i went... you'll be fine *jj*
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post

It is fine. Kenyan, Ethiopian Airlines etc fly into Rwanda (Not Rawanda). Note the park fee for the gorillas is $500 USD. You might also want to consider DR Congo. Same airlines and a good place to visit. Also Congo B. All interesting to visit.

Have a good time,

Cheers,

Mark
    Bar4 - Sukhumvit Soi 4, Nana

Looking at it........I didn't realize the amount of flying time from Morocco to Southern Africa, so may need to do that in another trip.......thanks

And I could go from NYC to Joburg direct in 14hrs, which would allow me to get to Rwanda and other places from there and end in Cape Town
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 5th April 2017 at 01:10.
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Yeah..I have to look at the African flights.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the International flights

But a lot of times....hassle is worth it in the end.
    I don't want to be in places with tons of tourists either for part of the trip.
    Obviously it has to have tourism but don't want over run

And if the Gorillars are in Rawanda.....they ain't coming to see me, I got to go to them!

I just watched a video of Volcanoes National Park.
    You are 7metres from the Gorillas......amazing!!

Now I have to research if that is bad for the Gorillas
    Not bad for the Gorillas! What was bad was the genocide in 1994, when the refugee's killed them for food and the powers killed them to starve the refugees..

Now there are programs where the Gorilla and their habitat is protected in a way that is financially attractive to the locals.

On my African Bucket list would be the migration over the Mara river, which would pin the trip to the month September.

Also the thing I could not afford when I was there, hot air balloon trip over the Mara or Amboselli (has the nice background view of the Kilimanjaro).

And "the devil's pool" at Victoria Falls.. not sure if I'm brave enough, though.. 555
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Vic Falls, the Zambian side. Cape Town, Zanzibar, Etosha National Park in Namibia. Mozambique. The list is endless..
    But try not to do too much in too short a time as you will just end up missing out.

Perhaps two trips over the space of a couple of years, North Africa and then Central and Southern Africa.... Four weeks would not be enough to take it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Vic Falls, the Zambian side. Cape Town, Zanzibar, Etosha National Park in Namibia. Mozambique. The list is endless..
    But try not to do too much in too short a time as you will just end up missing out.

Perhaps two trips over the space of a couple of years, North Africa and then Central and Southern Africa.... Four weeks would not be enough to take it all in.
    I've come up with a wish list for 1st trip
    Victoria Falls, Cape Town, Kruger National Park, Rwanda with stops in those countries outside my main reason

The Rwanda part is the tough one but I really want to see the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
    But I will have to fly back to Jburg then to Rwanda from Vic Falls but I think worth the time and money

Jburg doesn't really excite me, am I wrong to think that? Maybe just a stay over on way to other places?
    I want to spend at least 6 days in Cape Town.............looks amazing

So Jburg, Cape Town, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Rwanda

What time of year is the best time?

Thanks

Flights within Africa would be about 1300cad
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 5th April 2017 at 02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

And "the devil's pool" at Victoria Falls.. not sure if I'm brave enough, though.. 555
    Without a doubt I'd want to do Devil's Pool

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I've come up with a wish list for 1st trip
    Victoria Falls, Cape Town, Kruger National Park, Rwanda with stops in those countries outside my main reason

The Rwanda part is the tough one but I really want to see the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
    But I will have to fly back to Jburg then to Rwanda from Vic Falls but I think worth the time and money

Jburg doesn't really excite me, am I wrong to think that? Maybe just a stay over on way to other places?
    I want to spend at least 6 days in Cape Town.............looks amazing

So Jburg, Cape Town, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Rwanda

What time of year is the best time?

Thanks
    Summer months for SA, October to March even early April (It is nice here now, not too hot but not cold either)
    Jburg would be your departure point for Kruger anyway.
    If the focal point is Vic Falls then either Zim or Zambia are options. But in Zim there is always Hwange National Park that is not all that far from the Falls on the Zim side.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast