Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 2 Post By Bacon
  • 2 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes

Thread: Oldest man dies at 146 years old.

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,555

    Oldest man dies at 146 years old.

    'World's oldest man' who outlived all of his children and four wives dies 'aged 146'

    'World's oldest man' who outlived all of his children and four wives dies 'aged 146'


    Forbes you got a long way to catch up to this dude....55

  2. #2
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50,006
    So Ian is only half way through his life... this gives me hope.. another 100 years to go...

    Heavy smoker though.. that'll be what killed him.. 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,555
    Amazing he lived that long with 4 wifes............

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,921
    The more interesting point here is the fact that he was finally fed up with living. Makes you wonder if that feeling starts to come naturally past so many years. It's not the first time I've read about real old folk saying that.
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    The more interesting point here is the fact that he was finally fed up with living. Makes you wonder if that feeling starts to come naturally past so many years. It's not the first time I've read about real old folk saying that.
    My wife works with these people and a lot want to give up, All have dementia and other mental issues. Some of the things she comes home and tells me is really sad, some really funny.

    One of the old ducks is in her 90's, She asked my wife who the old guy was in her room. Wife says "that's your husband" Old ladys says "he isn't my husband..........he is a ugly old man..........Get him out of my room..555 The old boy is deaf luckily.

  6. #6
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Could be he had one of those "En viager" real estate deals.
    (You buy a house from a really old geezer (say 85 or so) at a low price and promise you will give them a regular pension and they can live in the house till they die. Then you move in. Figuring it'll be about 5 years).
    There was an old lady in France had one of these and then lived to 122 years old....555
    obes and OZZYGUY like this.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Could be he had one of those "En viager" real estate deals.
    (You buy a house from a really old geezer (say 85 or so) at a low price and promise you will give them a regular pension and they can live in the house till they die. Then you move in. Figuring it'll be about 5 years).
    There was an old lady in France had one of these and then lived to 122 years old....555
    Not as bad as marrying a rich one figuring they're gonna snuff it in 5 years and they end up outliving you.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,791
    My father finally CHOSE to die and just stopped eating. After a year of eating very little he dried up and finally died at 87. After mother moved him out of his home and into an old peoples residence he no longer wanted to live.

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    My father finally CHOSE to die and just stopped eating. After a year of eating very little he dried up and finally died at 87. After mother moved him out of his home and into an old peoples residence he no longer wanted to live.
    Did he choose to go into an old folks home? I know some old guys are too proud to admit they need help and won't live with their kids.. I had to force my dad to accept he could no longer look after himself... and that he he would have to move in with me... though he still doesn't believe it... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Did he choose to go into an old folks home? I know some old guys are too proud to admit they need help and won't live with their kids.. I had to force my dad to accept he could no longer look after himself... and that he he would have to move in with me... though he still doesn't believe it... 55
    No, it was mother's decision and he went along with it, but once there he hated it. He was a proud old bugger who thought he could do better than anyone else.... and usually could.

  11. #11
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    No, it was mother's decision and he went along with it, but once there he hated it. He was a proud old bugger who thought he could do better than anyone else.... and usually could.
    That just seems so terribly sad....
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    That just seems so terribly sad....
    Our whole family issue was terribly sad, and they were basically good people. I've told the story elsewhere on this forum, so I won't repeat myself again. Bad parenting affected myself and my three siblings. You never really get over it. I just vowed I would never do the same to my children. Fortunately, I succeeded.
    Quarky likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •