Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Syd and JK - Our YouTube Channel

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Syd and JK - Our YouTube Channel

Well we have decided to bear our souls, shed the inhibitions and because of our interest in creativity, try our best to make some shows that might be entertaining or of interest to some viewers out there in YouTube land

Its was a lot harder than i thought it would be, the filming and editing is not a issue for me, but the self-consciousness of being on camera, and trying to talk to the camera naturally was very difficult.

Looking and hearing myself on the screen whilst editing was shitty at times, but i know if we keep making episodes i can get better (hopefully), besides, life is not a rehearsal, we get one go, so i am making sure i make the most of it in anything i love doing, and filming and post production is something i enjoy so much.

Subscribe if you enjoy and please comment if you don't enjoy, we are here to learn

Roll the tape.................

The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Her Aussie accent cracks me up 555

The video was very good

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I think your on a winner mate love it drone is cool to adds to the whole thing.
    makes me want to put a cycling adventure channel together.....Time is the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Her Aussie accent cracks me up 555

The video was very good
    How would you describe the accent ? ... . it is a little strange, and changes depending on not what she is saying, but what she is meaning ... if that makes sense, maybe that tonal thing clicking in

I am actually hoping these vids will encourage her to speak more, and gain confidence is doing so

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I think your on a winner mate love it drone is cool to adds to the whole thing.
    makes me want to put a cycling adventure channel together.....Time is the hard part.
    Yeah time is the massive killer for these types of videos, mostly in the editing as you know, you also have to be prepared too derail your holiday, adventure or what it is that you are doing ... it completely changes how you go about pretty much everything .... most people couldn't be arsed tbh, and i often wondered wtf i was doing ... 55555

Add: that included very little of the drone footage, just couldn't make the vid any longer ... so i am going to make a very short drone vid by itself and upload as i got some really interesting shots
    Last edited by Sydney; 9th May 2017 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    How would you describe the accent ? ... . it is a little strange, and changes depending on not what she is saying, but what she is meaning ... if that makes sense, maybe that tonal thing clicking in

I am actually hoping these vids will encourage her to speak more, and gain confidence is doing so
    Well tell her she has a fan and I ain't laughing at her.
    I could listen to her talk all night.

How would I describe it? Like a starter Aussie accent

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Yeah time is the massive killer for these types of videos, mostly in the editing as you know, you also have to be prepared too derail your holiday, adventure or what it is that you are doing ... it completely changes how you go about pretty much everything .... most people couldn't be arsed tbh, and i often wondered wtf i was doing ... 55555

Add: that included very little of the drone footage, just couldn't make the vid any longer ... so i am going to make a very short drone vid by itself and upload as i got some really interesting shots
    Time in LOS playing around with GoPro on front of bike and the amount of good footage hmmm.
    apreciate the time you have will spend but for the viewer I found it entertaining and not boring. Bloopers at the end s real nice touch have to say.

Well tell her she has a fan and I ain't laughing at her.
    I could listen to her talk all night.

How would I describe it? Like a starter Aussie accent
    yeah good descrip ... starter, and yeah want her to talk more and more as we do more epis ... way more interesting than my monotone voice ...5555

Actually on screen she is a good little actor, if you look at the cinematic shot, when she turns and looks directly at the camera her face is so convincing ... and also when sitting next to me as i am waffling on, she is nodding and doign all the right moves ... of coarse it is meant to be all reality and not acting, but it can't be that when you know the camera is focused on you ..

yeah good descrip ... starter, and yeah want her to talk more and more as we do more epis ... way more interesting than my monotone voice ...5555

Actually on screen she is a good little actor, if you look at the cinematic shot, when she turns and looks directly at the camera her face is so convincing ... and also when sitting next to me as i am waffling on, she is nodding and doign all the right moves ... of coarse it is meant to be all reality and not acting, but it can't be that when you know the camera is focused on you ..
    Ao would take the camera and throw it in the ocean 555

Legit.....she would

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    nice idea Syd....didn't realise you've got a bit of a (younger) Barnsey thang going on there...555

I love that area...we had a holiday house at Hawk's Nest and used to visit Mungo quite regularly back then via the Rutile Rd that used to go through to Seal Rocks....and later on I owened (shared) another holiday house with friends up at Bluey's Beach, a little further north

My uncles (mother's brothers) used to race their speedboats at Mungo on Boxing Days...can you imagine that joint with hundreds of speedboats roaring around it all at once....thank feck they called a halt to that many years back

Ao would take the camera and throw it in the ocean 555

Legit.....she would
    55555555 ohh yeah i remember you mentioned this a while back .... can't remember exact, doesn't like being photographed ? ..... nothing wrong with that at all ... in fact wanting to photographed, filmed, selfies, youtube, most of it is very ego driven to be honest .... look at me look at me, mind you a lot social media in general is ego-driven ....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Awesome! Great video and you two look perfect together. I really enjoyed it.
    Sydney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    nice idea Syd....didn't realise you've got a bit of a (younger) Barnsey thang going on there...555

I love that area...we had a holiday house at Hawk's Nest and used to visit Mungo quite regularly back then via the Rutile Rd that used to go through to Seal Rocks....and later on I owened (shared) another holiday house with friends up at Bluey's Beach, a little further north

My uncles (mother's brothers) used to race their speedboats at Mungo on Boxing Days...can you imagine that joint with hundreds of speedboats roaring around it all at once....thank feck they called a halt to that many years back
    Thanks mate ... We used to take our boat across the The Bombah Point ferry, waterski and camp at the former park their ... the last time we went, maybe 12-14 years ago, we heard all the waterskiers and permanent caravans were getting the boot from the park as some big developers were rolling in and changing the whole market to a more upmarket resort complete with swimming pole, restaurant and fancy cabins ... it was a major shock to all the long time campers that had being going there for several generations with boats etc ... very sad

Anyway they all got the boot , the fancy resort went ahead, but it was a fail .... parts of it are still there now, buts its really a stock standard caravan park..

I don't remember the racing boats, was probably before my time, but i am sure the wild life was happy that it did get stopped .... often we would ski on sunset, and then come across 150 birds all sitting on the water, they would all start running across the water at the same time and take flight, it was always a great sight as you skied through the middle of them ..

The history behind whats now the Myall Shore Caravan park is quite interesting ... the original man ( can't remember his name) who created it as a fishing retreat in the 1900's was a real character

Holiday home at Hawkes nest ... how good that must have being as a youngster
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Awesome! Great video and you two look perfect together. I really enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the comments Slam ... glad you enjoyed it

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Awsome Video......you are very talented Sydney
    Sydney likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Awsome Video......you are very talented Sydney
    Thanks so much Riv, its a lot of fun making these, i am addicted now ( actually always have being even before YT days ) .... hmm Bacon home with sore leg, and now i can like on this thread ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Following in your son's footsteps? 555

Great stuff! Keep it coming..

On here we know you a bit, but for the anonymous Youtube watcher a bit of an introduction might be nice, who you are, what you do and what the aim of the video's is.. Promotion of the Aussie outdoors? Balanced lifestyle? Food supplements? 55

And personally, I miss any connection when someone talks to me wearing sunglasses.. Just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Following in your son's footsteps? 555

Great stuff! Keep it coming..

On here we know you a bit, but for the anonymous Youtube watcher a bit of an introduction might be nice, who you are, what you do and what the aim of the video's is.. Promotion of the Aussie outdoors? Balanced lifestyle? Food supplements? 55

And personally, I miss any connection when someone talks to me wearing sunglasses.. Just saying..
    Great comments Rak, and thanks ... yeah the original plan was to have us in our factory saying hello and as you say introducing ourselves, and then lead into packing the van, we tried it a few times before we filmed anything at Mungo and we were terrible so gave up, it just sounded so corny .. but now we have talked to the camera a bit at the actual camp we will revisit the idea for sure ...

Sunglasses ... hmm, i am gonna use Casey's excuse that when vlogging to a camera and you have a monitor on so you can frame yourself correctly, its almost impossible to stop yourself from looking into the monitor, so the camera is constantly picking up your eye movement which looks terrible, your eyes end up wondering constantly, its a real skill to be able to talk direct into a camera and not move your eyes even without a monitor, hence why so many vloggers wear sunglasses ..

That and just the fact that the aussie sun has given me crowfeet and i look ten years older without sunglasses .. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Great video Sydney, Man wish I had the talent to do editing like that.
    Sydney likes this.

Great comments Rak, and thanks ... yeah the original plan was to have us in our factory saying hello and as you say introducing ourselves, and then lead into packing the van, we tried it a few times before we filmed anything at Mungo and we were terrible so gave up, it just sounded so corny .. but now we have talked to the camera a bit at the actual camp we will revisit the idea for sure ...

Sunglasses ... hmm, i am gonna use Casey's excuse that when vlogging to a camera and you have a monitor on so you can frame yourself correctly, its almost impossible to stop yourself from looking into the monitor, so the camera is constantly picking up your eye movement which looks terrible, your eyes end up wondering constantly, its a real skill to be able to talk direct into a camera and not move your eyes even without a monitor, hence why so many vloggers wear sunglasses ..

That and just the fact that the aussie sun has given me crowfeet and i look ten years older without sunglasses .. 555
    Rak's opinion was a fantastic one.

We know you guys worked non-stop for years and have now decided to take some breaks.
    There is so many people that appeals to, I think you really should work that angle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast