Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Africa out!!................Australia in!! :)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Africa out!!................Australia in!! :)

I don't want to do Africa alone and am not finding interest from my travel buddies

So figured I want to see Australia and would have plenty of people to meet up with so thinking Australia in Mid March or early April

I think I'd fly into Sydney for 4 days over a weekend, drive down to Melbourne, stop somewhere in between and a few days in Melbourne
    Then fly to Perth

So any advice on best time to come around then, I'd like to be able to swim and lounge by pool.
    What is suitable amount of days in each place

Anything that comes to mind?

One other question............if I decided to bring Ao(don't know how we'd be going) do you think a tourist visa would be easy enough with her extensive travel to US and Canada?

thanks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    You must do the Red centre , two nights
    Zablive likes this.

NZ 3 weeks, Australia one week... should cover it... ;-)
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    NZ 3 weeks, Australia one week... should cover it... ;-)
    top places to visit in NZ , the shire / hobbiton and Isengard
    Minder and Gazmac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    top places to visit in NZ , the shire / hobbiton and Isengard
    My parents lived in the shire near Hobbiton... made it even harder to get them out...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Wow, against driving to Melbourne from Sydney is out, they charge a 300 dollar one way fee

I guess just fly and rent a car to drive around on day trips

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Wow, against driving to Melbourne from Sydney is out, they charge a 300 dollar one way fee

I guess just fly and rent a car to drive around on day trips
    Drive the great ocean road from Melbourne
    Zablive likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Thanks, I love those type of drives

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Weather wise Mid March and Early April would be the best time to visit Sydney and the State of NSW . The weather is still warm but not to Hot. The Sea temps are around 22 / 24 deg .

Watch out for April , School Holidays are 14th to 25th. Every thing gets dearer and a lot more busier . Anzac day is 25th April and is a public hol.

Im surprised about the one way loading of the hire car syd / Melb , you will miss out on the nicest drive Syd Melb . The Coast along there is fantastic .

Accommodation tip , Dont discount staying in Caravan parks in NSW and Victoria.. Most van parks have the best location and are built on the beaches , These days they all offer top quality Accom in Villa style Cabins .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    ...if I decided to bring Ao(don't know how we'd be going) do you think a tourist visa would be easy enough with her extensive travel to US and Canada?

thanks
    The tourist visa is easy and I have done a few now both for myself, friends and wifes kids. It wont be a issue. I can help you with that and I'm sure other Bm's can too.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Whats the total about of days you have got ? ... yeah forget driving Sydney to Melbourne 1000 Kms of nothingness, you dont have enough days

And its a huge shame flying all this way and not seeing NZ ..... i think from a culture point of view, NZ would be a better more interesting place to see .... Australia is really just a dumbed down smaller version of teh states ...55555

NZ has a complete uniqueness to it ... and you can drive it !! all around in two weeks with so much variation in between

Hoping from Sydney to Melbourne to Perth .... ho hummm ... 555555555555

In fact Nth Queensland like the Whitsundays is probably more a go then the boring city of Sydney ( ohh i hate saying that .. fuckin Micheal Beard screwed this place )

Unless you want to see the opera house for real ..5555 but don't come for the cities vibe, is vibe short for vibrant ?
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Yeah got to agree with Sydney about driving Sydney to Melbourne a short flight would be better and possibly cheaper too. If you stayed longer yeah sure but in 2 weeks its not much time.

Whitsundays is awesome love that place buts really its just a tropical paradise and not really like the rest of Aust.

Tazzy may be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Yeah got to agree with Sydney about driving Sydney to Melbourne a short flight would be better and possibly cheaper too. If you stayed longer yeah sure but in 2 weeks its not much time.

Whitsundays is awesome love that place buts really its just a tropical paradise and not really like the rest of Aust.

Tazzy may be an option.
    Yeah driving is out, although I do like to drive to see a place.
    Fly is 100cad vs that 300cad drop off fee
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    The tourist visa is easy and I have done a few now both for myself, friends and wifes kids. It wont be a issue. I can help you with that and I'm sure other Bm's can too.
    We will see where we are at but maybe I'd do Sydney/Melbourne solo and have Ao and Nut fly over to Perth
    She'd probably prefer just doing the easy BKK to Perth flight than flying all over
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Whats the total about of days you have got ? ... yeah forget driving Sydney to Melbourne 1000 Kms of nothingness, you dont have enough days

And its a huge shame flying all this way and not seeing NZ ..... i think from a culture point of view, NZ would be a better more interesting place to see .... Australia is really just a dumbed down smaller version of teh states ...55555

NZ has a complete uniqueness to it ... and you can drive it !! all around in two weeks with so much variation in between

In fact Nth Queensland like the Whitsundays is probably more a go then the boring city of Sydney ( ohh i hate saying that .. fuckin Micheal Beard screwed this place )

Unless you want to see the opera house for real ..5555 but don't come for the cities vibe, is vibe short for vibrant ?
    See, but as a tourist, StillEarly loved.
    People rave about Boston when they visit

Tourists will have a different view than someone living there
    And it's the flight that is direct and easy from Vancouver

We will see where we are at but maybe I'd do Sydney/Melbourne solo and have Ao and Nut fly over to Perth
    She'd probably prefer just doing the easy BKK to Perth flight than flying all over
    The lead time when I did the kids visa a few months ago was 35 days (summited in Aust) but I think if summited in Bangkok its a lot faster so no rush on that.

How long would I need in NZ to do it justice?
    I'm a big believer that you can see a place in a relatively short time.
    I wake up early and fit a ton in on holidays

Because we have a great direct flight to Auckland
    So could do that and be in NZ for 5 days or so

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    How long would I need in NZ to do it justice?
    I'm a big believer that you can see a place in a relatively short time.
    I wake up early and fit a ton in on holidays

Because we have a great direct flight to Auckland
    So could do that and be in NZ for 5 days or so
    That the absolute beauty of NZ .. you can see a lot in 5 days, only takes 8 hours to drive from Auckland to Wellington which is the bottom tip of the north island,you have covered half the country ...555 across a ferry and you are in the South Island and another whole new world is at your doorstep .. 5555

Christchurch, great vibe, go the beach and then snow ski all with in an hour ..

You like cruising in a car, the south island would be perfect for you ... i assume you are having a look around now ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

That the absolute beauty of NZ .. you can see a lot in 5 days, only takes 8 hours to drive from Auckland to Wellington which is the bottom tip of the north island,you have covered half the country ...555 across a ferry and you are in the South Island and another whole new world is at your doorstep .. 5555

Christchurch, great vibe, go the beach and then snow ski all with in an hour ..

You like cruising in a car, the south island would be perfect for you ... i assume you are having a look around now ?
    Yeah
    I started looking
    I was thinking about NZ before but didn't realize we had such a good flight so ruled it out.

But 5 days NZ
    3 days Sydney
    3 days Melbourne
    7 days Perth

I could add a day or 2 if needed

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast