The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Hitchhiking home from Berlin

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Well Zac now has a lady friend in his vlogs, and she has a great energy about her, an American that has being living in Thailand for the last two years .... the dynamics between them works really well, and it has lifted Zacs vlogs to another level, its interesting seeing her say hello to the camera in a shy way at the beginning, and then 3 days later she becomes a natural ...

Really good vid Zac, as they travel the Great Ocean Road

hope you enjoy, and show him some love with likes or comments

The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Yeah the girl with him has really added to the video's Sydney, have you met her yet ?..........................was she working in Thailand ?

Their travels are completely different to mine, does Zac drink alcohol ?...............all my life any roadtrips always end up having a beer or three.........especially in the evening............. .............probably because of all my years as a long distance truckdriver I notice lots of things near the roads edge, like the emu , or kangaroos/camels/birds/wombats, I just have an eye for seeing things, where the people im with are oblivious to these things 555

Great video Zac
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Yeah the girl with him has really added to the video's Sydney, have you met her yet ?..........................was she working in Thailand ?

Their travels are completely different to mine, does Zac drink alcohol ?...............all my life any roadtrips always end up having a beer or three.........especially in the evening............. .............probably because of all my years as a long distance truckdriver I notice lots of things near the roads edge, like the emu , or kangaroos/camels/birds/wombats, I just have an eye for seeing things, where the people im with are oblivious to these things 555

Great video Zac
    Haven't meet her yet, she flew straight from Thailand to Melbourne where Zac is living, she was teaching English i think, she apparently is flairy fluent in Thai, so should be able to chat with JK ok which will be interesting to watch when the time comes

Zac doesn't drink much anymore, he is a fairly disciplined soul atm , smoked, drunk, weed, mdma, acid were all his poisons in the past .... now he just fills his addictions with being creative, although he has told me when he wants to do something liquid acid would be his drug of choice ...55555

I am the same on the road .... taking in everything as i drive, peripheral vision is always working overtime, i actually taught my kids to drive like that, first thing i did when i hoped in the car and we drove up the road was put my hand over the rear vision mirror, and said what colour is the car behind you, but why Dad came the question, i told them i wanted them to be the type of drivers that are always aware on every little thing happening around them, not focused, but subtly ware, so not just whats in front, noticing cars parked ahead, cars in side streets, driveways, people on footpaths, the mind subconsciously reading everything ..... hard to explain, but as we were driving i am saying, red car parked to the left, guy pushing light buzzer on footpath, mother with pram on left footpath, motorbike turning out of sidestreet ... sounds stupid, but if you learn like that it just becomes 2nd nature, and if you are only concentrating 20 meters in front of you like most dumb drivers ..... well avoidance time can be halved ... plus you get to notice the Emus !! ..555
    Distantpeak and Stillearly like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^ I think Zac needs to head north and go on a roadtrip with Dad and JK...................would be great video of the girls talking Thai to each other and spending time together.

You would luv to meet my oldman, he has done months and months of living in his camper, he likes remote desert tracks, traveled most of Australia in his beloved Toyota Turbo Camper, ill post a pic when I get time.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ I think Zac needs to head north and go on a roadtrip with Dad and JK...................would be great video of the girls talking Thai to each other and spending time together.

You would luv to meet my oldman, he has done months and months of living in his camper, he likes remote desert tracks, traveled most of Australia in his beloved Toyota Turbo Camper, ill post a pic when I get time.
    ^^ awesome I love seeing old dudes hacking it in the great outdoors... not the grey nomad types who just hang in caravanparks in there big fuck off comfy RVs and caravans, but the bush trekking types... meet heaps of them in our travels wise old souls most of them and always DTE ...

Ha we have talked of some van meet ups with Zac ... funniest part will be the two identical vans parked together ... and also the vlog off we could have 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    So jealous of Zac for his travels 55. Good on him.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    great vlog , really well edited , enjoyed the drone stuff as well

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I always enjoy your son's trip reports, Sydney. It's nice to hear he has found himself a lady with similar interests.

probably because of all my years as a long distance truckdriver I notice lots of things near the roads edge, like the emu , or kangaroos/camels/birds/wombats, I just have an eye for seeing things, where the people im with are oblivious to these things 555
    I'm a road warrior and quite often take long trips by myself. It is a bit (or a lot) different when driving a truck when compared to riding my motorbike on long trips. In the truck I have a bit more time to take in the scenery, but I'm REALLY aware of what is beside the road up ahead. The same is true for traffic. At any time something could move into my lane suddenly. I'm also aware of what is behind me, and possibly over taking me.

On the motorbike I seldom watch the scenery, other than in just a general manner. I concentrate 100% of the time. It has helped to keep me alive many times in the past. One funny story is about a time in Chiang Mai when a friend wanted to meet me in a specific bar/cafe, and one I hadn't heard of. As it turned out, the bar/café was one I rode past frequently, but I never took notice of because I was always watching traffic and couldn't take my eyes off the road ahead.

Platinum
    Makes you really want to go there. Idehy is excellent and great chemistry between the two.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Haven't meet her yet, she flew straight from Thailand to Melbourne where Zac is living, she was teaching English i think, she apparently is flairy fluent in Thai, so should be able to chat with JK ok which will be interesting to watch when the time comes

Zac doesn't drink much anymore, he is a fairly disciplined soul atm , smoked, drunk, weed, mdma, acid were all his poisons in the past .... now he just fills his addictions with being creative, although he has told me when he wants to do something liquid acid would be his drug of choice ...55555

I am the same on the road .... taking in everything as i drive, peripheral vision is always working overtime, i actually taught my kids to drive like that, first thing i did when i hoped in the car and we drove up the road was put my hand over the rear vision mirror, and said what colour is the car behind you, but why Dad came the question, i told them i wanted them to be the type of drivers that are always aware on every little thing happening around them, not focused, but subtly ware, so not just whats in front, noticing cars parked ahead, cars in side streets, driveways, people on footpaths, the mind subconsciously reading everything ..... hard to explain, but as we were driving i am saying, red car parked to the left, guy pushing light buzzer on footpath, mother with pram on left footpath, motorbike turning out of sidestreet ... sounds stupid, but if you learn like that it just becomes 2nd nature, and if you are only concentrating 20 meters in front of you like most dumb drivers ..... well avoidance time can be halved ... plus you get to notice the Emus !! ..555
    Agree fully with you about driving and even more important on a bike.

I am always looking 4 moves ahead, like when playing chess. my mind subconsciously calculates the options if xyz happens and the chance of it, the split second it moves towards that, alarm bells ring in my brain and I pay that thing/area attention and avoidance.

It is inside me on an auto subconscious level.

Great to see Zac in his elements and you obviously very proud
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Talking about animals alongside the road...i think I have told before... Many years ago my uncle owned a Motel in Bulladelah and had a Ford LTD car, ...big limo V8 car.

They were driving back from Newcastle this day and a BIG Red Roo was bounding along in a paddock next to the road, My uncle pointed it out to their 6 year old daughter and slowed down on the highway to pace alongside the Roo and measure it's speed.......Look it's doing 42 kPH ...Oh! now he's up to 46!!

All the time the Roo was on an angle and coming closer to the road, then suddenly it jumped the fence and landed square on the bonnet and drove the carbie into the block destroying the motor!!

They were lucky they were going slow or it would have smashed thru the windscreen and kicked them to death, as has happened.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456