The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is the value of a 10B coin?

What is the value of a 10B coin?

Lately I've been asking myself this question. What is the value of a ten Baht coin?

And I realized that money does not have an absolute value. The value of money is always relative.
    One ten Baht coin, but different values for different people. To a homeless man, a single 10 Baht coin won't change his fortune but it can put something in his empty stomach. But to a millionaire, it's not even worth picking it up from the ground.

So, the value of the money in your hand is absolutely relative to the total amount of money that you have in your bank.

In which case, the coin my hand, appears astronomical.
    Last edited by GGrass; 19th May 2017 at 11:47.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    For vending machines a 10 baht coin is worth 2 euro's... 55
    Distantpeak and Minder like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    When I first started going to LOS I used to give away all my coins thinking they were worthless. But then started to realize that the 5 and 10 were worth holding on to. The fives for the Toilets and Three 10 and thats a beer from 7/11 .
    I still give a lot of them to Some of the Ligit looking Beggars and Kids , But when you think about it 10 bht is about 30 cents (i think) would I throw that away at home? Probably not.
    GGrass likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    @Rak 20,000baht will buy you a decent holiday in Thailand then,.....if you can sell all those cigarettes...555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Lately I've been asking myself this question. What is the value of a ten Baht coin?

And I realized that money does not have an absolute value. The value of money is always relative.
    One ten Baht coin, but different values for different people. To a homeless man, a single 10 Baht coin won't change his fortune but it can put something in his empty stomach. But to a millionaire, it's not even worth picking it up from the ground.

So, the value of the money in your hand is absolutely relative to the total amount of money that you have in your bank.

In which case, the coin my hand, appears astronomical.
    Howsabout the value of the Australian Dollar these days? About 74c (US)....555

It is those coins that I've saved in my piggy bank (it's actually a jar) that's keeping me alive these days. During the lean times those big 10 Baht coins look all mighty in a pool of tiny one Baht coins. I can cover a day's expense with just a few of those...

I wonder, will I see the ten Baht coin the same way as I do now if I were a rich man with millions in his bank account.

---

There are 30 days in a month, and there are 24 hours in a day. Out of 30 days, 29 days I am spending money and only 1 day I make money. If that.

Of the 24 hours in a day, 1/3 is spent on working, 1/3 is spent on playing and the remaining 1/3 is spent on sleeping. Which means in a day, we spend 2/3 of our day spending money, and 1/3 of our day making money. If that.

So most of the time I am spending money, and only for a brief moment I make money. But I've not been making any money recently. Hence the stress.

Sigh. Damn it's hard to make some money in this country. What do I have to do these days to put some food on the table? How is it possible that I've not made a single Baht in the past 72 months??? Yeah man... 72 months. 6 long years of absolute drought, and still no sign of rain. Shouldn't I be bankrupt by now? I don't know exactly how the financial math works, but I'm pretty sure I'm very close to being busted.
    Last edited by GGrass; 19th May 2017 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Howsabout the value of the Australian Dollar these days? About 74c (US)....555
    That was a good example of what I am saying. AUS$ in relation to US$. (in my opinion) AUS$ is more friendly than US$ because it's only worth 25, not 35.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    It is those coins that I've saved in my piggy bank (it's actually a jar) that's keeping me alive these days. During the lean times those big 10 Baht coins look all mighty in a pool of tiny one Baht coins. I can cover a day's expense with just a few of those...

I wonder, will I see the ten Baht coin the same way as I do now if I were a rich man with millions in his bank account.

---

There are 30 days in a month, and there are 24 hours in a day. Out of 30 days, 29 days I am spending money and only 1 day I make money. If that.

Of the 24 hours in a day, 1/3 is spent on working, 1/3 is spent on playing and the remaining 1/3 is spent on sleeping. Which means in a day, we spend 2/3 of our day spending money, and 1/3 of our day making money. If that.

So most of the time I am spending money, and only for a brief moment I make money. But I've not been making any money recently. Hence the stress.

Sigh. Damn it's hard to make some money in this country. What do I have to do these days to put some food on the table? How is it possible that I've not made a single Baht in the past 72 months??? Yeah man... 72 months. 6 long years of absolute drought, and still no sign of rain. Shouldn't I be bankrupt by now? I don't know exactly how the financial math works, but I'm pretty sure I'm very close to being busted.
    Surely you're not trying to make money farming in LOS??
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I always save my 10 Bt coins for the Baht Bus in Pattaya ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Surely you're not trying to make money farming in LOS??
    Actually that's the idea. Set up a farm where I can grow whatever it is that makes money. But not successful so far.

Actually that's the idea. Set up a farm where I can grow whatever it is that makes money. But not successful so far.
    Oh dear!
    As an ex-farmer I hope you don't run out of 10 baht coins.
    What crops have you tried?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I hate carrying coins but will reluctantly take one or two 10 baht coins and one or two 5 baht and one baht coins with me for change...the rest go in a jar which I give to my neighbours little girl about once a month or whenever she deigns to visit me for a glass of milk and a biscuit...

her mum puts them in a bank account she has for her education...I really hope that one day this might make a difference..I guess she gets about 300-500 baht each time she pops over
    Rockitt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Oh dear!
    As an ex-farmer I hope you don't run out of 10 baht coins.
    What crops have you tried?
    Sorry I meant it figuratively, not an actual farm. But it has been my dream to be a real farmer with real plot of land.

Sorry I meant it figuratively, not an actual farm. But it has been my dream to be a real farmer with real plot of land.
    Go to Teakdoor forum - they have a very informative farming in LOS sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    I always save my 10 Bt coins for the Baht Bus in Pattaya ...
    Me too. Having a 10 bht coin in your pocket in Pattaya is your ticket to anywhere.

Glad to see the 10 B coins appreciated by many.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I hate carrying coins but will reluctantly take one or two 10 baht coins and one or two 5 baht and one baht coins with me for change...the rest go in a jar which I give to my neighbours little girl about once a month or whenever she deigns to visit me for a glass of milk and a biscuit...

her mum puts them in a bank account she has for her education...I really hope that one day this might make a difference..I guess she gets about 300-500 baht each time she pops over
    Not got a business brain then.. else she would pop over every day! ..55
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Not really - the jar only gets filled intermittently.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Enough brain to realize that after 2 weeks the jar will only be half-full..
    Changone likes this.

With the passing of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, certain 10B coins have become very valuable, as has other certain limited currency with his picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast