Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Luggage

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Luggage

Hey guys I am currently looking to upgrade my luggage, Well I am doing enough travelling that i have decised to buy my own bag rather then using my Parents. I not to sure what I should get, I have been looking in stores and online and there is so much to choose from and prices vary so much. I know i could buy something in LOS for cheap but I need to get my things there first and i would like something that will last a little longer and is reliable.

Any ideas on what i should get? I want something that is lightweight, can hold a lot in it, easy enough to store under my bed, wheelie, strong and something that could stand out from the rest at a reasonable cost. I have looked at the 2-wheeled "standard Suitcases" and the wheelie duffelbag type bags that have the 2 sections in them (maybe toat bags??). Any online sites to have a look at or any brands to try/stay away from?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I always take the minimal amount with me to LOS (carry-on only) and I end up buying a suitcase for the return.... Going to LOS is a chance to stock up on clothes for me and the suitcases are so cheap to buy.... I have 3 suitcases now 5555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    How much stuff do you take to LOS??
    I go with carry on only same same as this pic.
    Its a Alleged Victorianox knock off i got at MBK paid 1400 bt and is quality.
    Get everything i need in. if need more room can buy cheap suitcase for return and still cheaper than baggage allowance...your thoughts?
    204093_3_1vic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I always take the minimal amount with me to LOS (carry-on only) and I end up buying a suitcase for the return.... Going to LOS is a chance to stock up on clothes for me and the suitcases are so cheap to buy.... I have 3 suitcases now 5555
    Great minds 555555555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    How much stuff do you take to LOS??
    I go with carry on only same same as this pic.
    Its a Alleged Victorianox knock off i got at MBK paid 1400 bt and is quality.
    Get everything i need in. if need more room can buy cheap suitcase for return and still cheaper than baggage allowance...your thoughts?
    204093_3_1vic.jpg
    Did you buy the matching Manbag that goes with it??? 555

I have done that in the past but I have too many clothes from LOS sitting at home and rarly wear them unless in LOS. So I want to bring my own clothes with me this time. I am going for over 3 weeks this time around (longest stay for me) I undstand i am going to need to get some washing done but that is no issue as i love how the clothes Smell/Feel after being washed in LOS . I have a 20kg allowance for all flights. Another issue is that I wear XXL in LOS size and they don't have ALL the designs in that size so prefer my own clothes anyway as they are "My Style" 5555 and I don't have the same designs in different colours

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I have done that in the past but I have too many clothes from LOS sitting at home and rarly wear them unless in LOS. So I want to bring my own clothes with me this time. I am going for over 3 weeks this time around (longest stay for me) I undstand i am going to need to get some washing done but that is no issue as i love how the clothes Smell/Feel after being washed in LOS . I have a 20kg allowance for all flights. Another issue is that I wear XXL in LOS size and they don't have ALL the designs in that size so prefer my own clothes anyway as they are "My Style" 5555 and I don't have the same designs in different colours
    Use something old to get your stuff there you can buy good qual stuff there for far less than here knock off or otherwise.
    With matching man bags 555555

This is currently what i was looking at Luggage Direct

I don't think my parents would like the idea of my using their case buying a new opne and leaving theirs there 5555

maybe you could buy His and Hers for you and Noy 555

hahahaha, Sher does need a new bag, she only has a very small one and will need something bigger for the trip here, So maybe his and her bags could be an option...555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    ....Any ideas on what i should get?
    We have a pile of quality luggage - never use it now. (Mrs M will sell it to you cheap!)

Weight is all that matters now and good quality means 5 to 10 kilos of lost weight.
    If I can travel with carry on only - faster on and off and cheaper ($A35 each way on Jetstar)

I use a nylon "school" bag as my 10kg carry on (120baht from Tesco or Big C) it weighs under 1 kg empty.

And something that is little more than a sports bag as the hold luggage.
    My workmate who travels international each year with his wife and kids uses strong cardboard boxes wrapped with packing tape as his checked luggage!

Enjoy
    wabbits likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    About 3 years ago I decided to by a decent suitcase, I bough a Samsonite bag here in Perth, cant remember how much I paid but it has been great.

As hand luggage I have always had a napsack and carried my laptop seperatly, when I was in CM in January I decided to get a decent carry on bag, I looked around in the big shopping centre near the airport, lots of choices, I decided on a Samsonite again and its big enough to put my laptop in aswell, I think I paid over 3000Baht but I like the quality, I got the biggest available size for carry on(its nearly as big as my suitcase), my TG was happy to get my old napsack as well

Have a look here : Samsonite luggage, suitcases, travel bags, laptop bags, backpacks

When I spent 3 months in LOS. I took far too much with me. 99% of the time 2 pairs of shorts and say 3 or 4 t-shirts would have been plenty. I took jeans (which I only wore once) and a long sleeve nice dress shirt which I only wore once.
    I have a large quality suitcase I used for LOS once... never again. Now I just take a small bag.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Seems to be a bit of a trend happening here. I have a good Carry on suitcase as I have had to travel a little bit domestically for work and I also have a large backpack for my laptop which i have used as carry on and will be again this time. I think I might look around for an old case and fill that then maybe buy something new in LOS or even go the cardboard boxes. I was just a little concerned about security of everything, after the Schapelle Corby thing in Bali (weather she did it or not, it opened my eyes to the possibility of it happening)

You can get a pretty decent medium size case in LOS which will last. Like you I take a small back-pack for my laptop... and a small case to check-in for clothes etc. Easy to carry and not too big. Plenty of choice in the markets in LOS for something secure enough to travel with... My case fully packed is usually about 12-13kgs.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    What time frame are we talking BM's when we take our laptops, short trips say under 12 days I have never thought of taking it, as there is 100's of Internet cafe's and some bars have free access to catch up on e-mails and the such. This trip maybe I should take, especially if needing to source TV info
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    What time frame are we talking BM's when we take our laptops, short trips say under 12 days I have never thought of taking it, as there is 100's of Internet cafe's and some bars have free access to catch up on e-mails and the such. This trip maybe I should take, especially if needing to source TV info
    I took mine on my last trip so that i could show Noy how to use a computer but in the end I brought her one and it was very handy to have as i could upload my photos to clear up my memory card (yes I have a spare as well, but dont trust memory cards) It was also good to be able to use your computer from your room and I used Skype to call back home so my Parents and friends could see/meet Noy on Webcam... I will also be taking mine for my next trip of 23 nights. I have travel insurance and have never had an issue with something being stolen from my room.

Hahaha, Visa already, sounds like you are imterested in this girl

Laptop goes everywhere with me.... even got it with me on a weekend away

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    I wouldnt leave home without it, like G4orce said great for uploading photo's from the days or nights activities, every TG I meet luvs looking at photo's and where I/we have been etc. Most afternoons on holidays, after a day out I upload the photos while lying on the bed and my TG wants to look at every picture in detail and have a laugh or say delete delete 555

Just have to remember what photo's not to show 555

Take some photo's AM of your house/family and friends on your laptop to show your new TG as she will luv to see them.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    The laptop also comes in handy for entertainment. play a DVD etc if your on a boring bus ride. I have lots of funny clips etc and showed them to kill time.

Also updated TR while waiting at airports etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast