Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Art + Architecture

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvator_Mundi_(Leonardo)

45 pounds in 1958.
    450 million in 2017...
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvator_Mundi_(Leonardo)

45 pounds in 1958.
    450 million in 2017...
    Some people have so much money that true value means nothing. Of course, some things are priceless, and that is why they need to be protected at any cost. That is one of the great losses during wars when they get destroyed.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    a flying luxury hotel....as modern as....yesterday...just don't mention the Hindenberg..."oh, the humanity"...

^Just trying to imagine what it looked like from the outside...

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Ive always puzzled over that line , "Oh the humanity !!" , I guess because its just something that people even back then , in English , just never say...

Im guessing the flying luxury is an "airboat" from your comments , not that there was any indication from the clip.

But I for one would love it !

I simply love to look down upon the landscapes of the world , I could ponder them and their relationship to a map or where Ive just been for hours .. .... often Im the ONE having to be told to lower my window blind ( for some BS reason ??) when Im 'aloft'.
    If I had a religion it would be called "Google Earth" !
    ( There is no God ... there is only the landscape )
    Last edited by Chob; 10th January 2019 at 01:56.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quarky and bacwaan like this.

^ come to think of it..she does look a lot like Theresa May..555
    Stillearly likes this.

Ive always puzzled over that line , "Oh the humanity !!" , I guess because its just something that people even back then , in English , just never say...

Im guessing the flying luxury is an "airboat" from your comments , not that there was any indication from the clip.

But I for one would love it !

I simply love to look down upon the landscapes of the world , I could ponder them and their relationship to a map or where Ive just been for hours .. .... often Im the ONE having to be told to lower my window blind ( for some BS reason ??) when Im 'aloft'.
    If I had a religion it would be called "Google Earth" !
    ( There is no God ... there is only the landscape )
    That is why I love my drone. I get to look at the topography that I love, but from a different perspective. Years ago when I was working in forestry I used to love flying in helicopters for the same reason.

Sounds like they are going to build a new one...

Airlander 10: World's longest aircraft grounded

The world's longest aircraft has been permanently grounded as developers prepare to start work on a new model.

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

WANT!!!......an e-bike capable of 100kph and 100K's trip on one charge (0-80% charge in one hour) ...beautiful design...stunning to look at...but the stinger...it comes with a $35K sticker

https://www.designboom.com/technolog...ox8p-O1-yo-Xa8

wabbits, Quarky and PeteGill like this.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    WANT!!!......an e-bike capable of 100kph and 100K's trip on one charge (0-80% charge in one hour) ...beautiful design...stunning to look at...but the stinger...it comes with a $35K sticker

https://www.designboom.com/technolog...ox8p-O1-yo-Xa8

You would probably need an aero helmet for that one 555.
    bacwaan likes this.

Here's another e-bike I love the design of...only this time its from harley davidson...with a beautiful minimalist mountain bike aesthetic...

sidvicious likes this.

I am "considering" buying an electric bicycle when I get back to Canada. I want it for rough back roads where I might have to carry it around or over fallen trees, etc. But it is about $4000, not $35000.

On another note, I've met a lovely young lady who doesn't want me to take photos of her, but she "posed" long enough for me to take a few sketches of her. Then I did a watercolour painting from the sketches. I gave it to her today and she seemed thrilled.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^Is that when you had hair Ian?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I love this

bacwaan and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

^ Very stylish...Nicely planned, finished and fitted out...a fair bit of thought gone into that one...the setting and outside build adds hugely to its liveability

I could live in that no probs...though I'd say it cost as much as a lot of 2-3 bed houses in the burbs to build...

I get that it's on wheels but I wouldn't want to try and tow that bugger too far...555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Spotted this place in Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi. Very smart building in excellent order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ Very stylish...Nicely planned, finished and fitted out...a fair bit of thought gone into that one...the setting and outside build adds hugely to its liveability

I could live in that no probs...though I'd say it cost as much as a lot of 2-3 bed houses in the burbs to build...

I get that it's on wheels but I wouldn't want to try and tow that bugger too far...555
    Are the wheels still on it to cover some council by-law?

AS soon as I heard 'Blue Mountains' , I thought , bugger that.
    Nowhere to put anything or dry anything while your skin turns blue April to November..

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Spotted this place in Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi. Very smart building in excellent order.
    Kinda Art Deco in style.
    Im no fan of glass bricks over here - way too hot , unless you plan to constantly run a/c.

My view is that buildings here should have sweeping rooves with wide eaves and use less patchy render and more stone - Tuscan style with lots of breezy verandahs and open areas.
    Sorta like this , but with less fixed glass.. in some spots , no glass at all..

Kinda Art Deco in style.
    Im no fan of glass bricks over here - way too hot , unless you plan to constantly run a/c.

My view is that buildings here should have sweeping rooves with wide eaves and use less patchy render and more stone - Tuscan style with lots of breezy verandahs and open areas.
    Sorta like this , but with less fixed glass.. in some spots , no glass at all..

Very attractive, but expensive to maintain.

One thing I've learned in my old age is you don't really need as big a home as some people "think" they require. Living for 5 months each year in what is basically just one big room in a hotel has taught me that. I travel in my truck and camper for months at a time in Canada and never feel "cramped". It's only if the weather is raining non-stop for a week that I would prefer a little more room.

The little home that Bacon posted is well thought out and gets full use of all available space. Proper design and understanding your personal needs is the key. If you have creative hobbies (art, woodworking, fixing old cars, music, etc etc) then it's better to have a separate building for that. Most of the time it doesn't even need to be heated. And, it gets all the "clutter" away if you have guests.

It does not cost a whole lot more to design and build something properly in the first place: extra wiring, gas heating stove, solar panels, properly designed shelves, cupboards and closets.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast