Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Like Tree396Likes

Thread: Art + Architecture

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Kinda Art Deco in style.

Yes very much so. It looked well out of place there. More typical of the Miami Beach area.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Heres a nice tropical home - I think you could 'cheat' a lot and build it for not too much money ( minus elaborate pool )

bacwaan likes this.

Good design...

^Did you make that Dean? Nice touch with the daffodils...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Nah , saw it 4 sale..

Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Very attractive, but expensive to maintain.

One thing I've learned in my old age is you don't really need as big a home as some people "think" they require. Living for 5 months each year in what is basically just one big room in a hotel has taught me that. I travel in my truck and camper for months at a time in Canada and never feel "cramped". It's only if the weather is raining non-stop for a week that I would prefer a little more room.

The little home that Bacon posted is well thought out and gets full use of all available space. Proper design and understanding your personal needs is the key. If you have creative hobbies (art, woodworking, fixing old cars, music, etc etc) then it's better to have a separate building for that. Most of the time it doesn't even need to be heated. And, it gets all the "clutter" away if you have guests.

It does not cost a whole lot more to design and build something properly in the first place: extra wiring, gas heating stove, solar panels, properly designed shelves, cupboards and closets.
    Hi maintenance ?
    Its stone and terracotta !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    ^Did you make that Dean? Nice touch with the daffodils...
    Daffodils? You're not a gardener, Quarky. Those are tulips. The deer here love to eat them. They ate all but a few of the hundred I planted. But, the deer won't touch anything of the daffodil family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Daffodils? You're not a gardener, Quarky. Those are tulips. The deer here love to eat them. They ate all but a few of the hundred I planted. But, the deer won't touch anything of the daffodil family.
    I was viewing on my phone... 55

Mercury Train , NY 1936

Rockitt and bacwaan like this.

This 1930 prediction isnt too far off...

Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Hard to believe it could be allowed to happen. So sad. Though I always found it quite a creepy place.. the gargoyles on it.. I don't know.. got a bad vibe from it... but still a spectacular building... just a tragedy...

Hard to believe it could be allowed to happen. So sad. Though I always found it quite a creepy place.. the gargoyles on it.. I don't know.. got a bad vibe from it... but still a spectacular building... just a tragedy...

Hopefully most of the artwork and relics have been saved , i assume the French will rebuild, just like we did with Windsor and York , the whole place was 3D mapped a few years ago
    Quarky likes this.

Hopefully most of the artwork and relics have been saved , i assume the French will rebuild, just like we did with Windsor and York , the whole place was 3D mapped a few years ago
    Have they said what may have started it yet?

Have they said what may have started it yet?
    no but there was renovations going on , so I assume something to do with that ...
    Quarky likes this.

PARIS, FRANCE: The main structure of Notre-Dame cathedral in central Paris has been saved after hours of fire-fighting to put out a devastating blaze, the city's top fire official said late Monday.
    "We can consider that the main structure of Notre-Dame has been saved and preserved," Paris fire brigade chief Jean-Claude Gallet told reporters outside the cathedral, adding it appeared that the two main towers of the building had now been saved.
    French firefighters were racing Monday to save Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris after a colossal fire caused the spire of the historic edifice to crash to the ground and wiped out centuries of heritage.
    Quarky likes this.

^Too soon?

Notre.jpg
    Rockitt and Stillearly like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    PARIS, FRANCE: The main structure of Notre-Dame cathedral in central Paris has been saved after hours of fire-fighting to put out a devastating blaze, the city's top fire official said late Monday.
    "We can consider that the main structure of Notre-Dame has been saved and preserved," Paris fire brigade chief Jean-Claude Gallet told reporters outside the cathedral, adding it appeared that the two main towers of the building had now been saved.
    French firefighters were racing Monday to save Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris after a colossal fire caused the spire of the historic edifice to crash to the ground and wiped out centuries of heritage.
    Great job by the firefighters!

But I don't get this appeal for money
    The Catholic Church sits on billions
    I believe the Govt owns it and leases it to the Church by why not look to the Church to pay for it

Sick of those weasels

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Bloody sad that it happened, but at least they saved the main structure. I wonder about all the art work inside?

As far as the cost of repair is concerned I tend to agree with Paulie.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I visited Paris 2 years ago and went to Notre Dame. A magnificent building with a long long history.
    But I never had a hunch that this could happen.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast