Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What is given at birth?

What is given at birth?

What is given to you at birth?

Under normal circumstances, you are given these things.

Nationality
    Citizen ID number
    Name
    Sex
    (If you can think of more things that are given to us at birth, please feel free to add to the list.)

Unless you are born under extremely abnormal circumstances, these things will be assigned to you at birth. The point of this thread is to take a closer look at the things that are given to us at birth, and think about what it means to have these things.

---

Nationality. Depending on the country you were born in, you are given a certain nationality. And along with it, you get the privileges and the rights of being such national, and you also receive the duties as such national. In most cases, once a nationality is assigned to a person, it stays with the person until he/she dies. There are cases where nationality is obtained through legal process, but in 99% of the cases, nationality is given to you at birth.

And I think it sucks. From birth, we are branded as a certain national, and there is little you can do to avoid becoming that national, once your birth certificate says so. And you get the debts. If you are born in South Korea, you receive a debt of 11,000 USD immediately. In Thailand, you get 4,300 USD in debt. American receives 55,000 USD and a Japanese gets 78,000 USD. Think about it. You are still unable to open your eyes and already you are in debt. Which means the rest of your life is spent paying off debt. Now that is sad... really sad. But the nation that you are born in, provides you with public services and stuffs... which allow you to survive and even enjoy living in that country. So... it's a give and take, but still I think it sucks to be assigned a nationality at birth. It even feels cruel.

---

Citizen ID. Again, it is very cruel to give a new born baby a number. All for the purpose of extracting tax from the baby when he grows up.

---

Name. Now here's something nice to give to a new born baby. But not all babies get a name at birth. Some babies don't even get names because they are unwanted. Teen moms, giving birth in the toilets. Very sad.

---

Sex. The doctor checks the baby's genital and ticks M or F on the paper. And from that moment, the sex sticks to the baby. He or she may grow up to be otherwise, but at birth, it is the doctor's pen which decides whether the baby is M or F. Another very complicated issue.

---

And mother's milk. Of all the useless things we give to a baby, let's make sure we give every single baby his or her mother's milk at birth.
    Last edited by GGrass; 8th June 2017 at 14:15.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Racial classification. A bonus to some and a hindrance to others.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    When I joined the Army they gave me a number.
    The Sergeant Major said "Listen up!". "This is your number. Remember it. It will stay with you for life. It can get you promoted, or it can put you in front of a firing squad!!".

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    When I joined the Army they gave me a number.
    The Sergeant Major said "Listen up!". "This is your number. Remember it. It will stay with you for life. It can get you promoted, or it can put you in front of a firing squad!!".
    I was given a number when I joined the Firebrigade. I dont think I will ever forget it ,and that number is unique to me, it will never be used by another Firey in my old job. I find that to be a special thing rather than a negative.
    I would rather have a number at birth than some of the names people call their kids these days. A few years back I heard this Fagy looking guy calling his kid , "Africa , Africa come here Son .....I nearly punched him in the face....The Father , not the kid 55
    Minder and Changone like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    How about your given, umm ....life? It's a pretty good start, don't ya think?
    Zablive, Tingtong and GGrass like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    The basis of the Thai fixation with Bun Khun.
    Changone likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Chronic oxygen dependency and a death sentence.. 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Hum yai
    Changone likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Chronic oxygen dependency and a death sentence.. 555
    We sentence our kids to death....but at least we get to give them a chance for a pleasurable existence? That's our job.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    We give them our good, and our bad genes..
    slampay likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    At birth I was given a breath and a pair of balls and that's all I need to gain everything else... given I could actually be arsed. I recognise no man's law beyond what I have to pretend to accept behind a fake smile in order to get around. But that's just reality.

Just because men walk around drawing random lines on God's green Earth it doesn't mean they're legitimate. The whole fucking Earth is mine. That's what I was given as far as I'm concerned. That said, I recognise the labour and rights of others as well, but my personal ethics on that are pretty clear. Anyone and anything bigger and stronger than you is fair game. Never hurt the weak and the innocent, never take from the poor. Everyone else is prey.

Last edited by Bacon; 8th June 2017 at 16:58.
    Quarky, PeteGill and GGrass like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    I was going to say I was pretty happy when I was given a d1ck ..............................But then - this is an open level
    Changone and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    At birth I was given a breath and a pair of balls and that's all I need to gain everything else... given I could actually be arsed. I recognise no man's law beyond what I have to pretend to accept behind a fake smile in order to get around. But that's just reality.

Just because men walk around drawing random lines on God's green Earth it doesn't mean they're legitimate. The whole fucking Earth is mine. That's what I was given as far as I'm concerned. That said, I recognise the labour and rights of others as well, but my personal ethics on that are pretty clear. Anyone and anything bigger and stronger than you is fair game. Never hurt the weak and the innocent, never take from the poor. Everyone else is prey.

Wrong picture.. This one more accurate 555
    GGrass likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Wrong picture.. This one more accurate 555
    Haha ok you got me.

Actually none of the above.

There's only one thing men are born with that matters. Spirit. Everything else is just fluff.
    Last edited by Bacon; 8th June 2017 at 17:29.
    GGrass likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

I was born in England... but not sure I ever had the nationality... as upon returning to England I had to reapply for it. I was a New Zealander as far as they were concerned even though born in the UK... and had to go through the process like anyone else...

So does being born somewhere always give you nationality.. for life?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    I was going to say I was pretty happy when I was given a d1ck ..............................But then - this is an open level
    I don't think you are ever just given a d1ck... you have to work hard to become one...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Country of birth is important but postcode makes a big difference as well ...
    Quarky and Tingtong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I was born in England... but not sure I ever had the nationality... as upon returning to England I had to reapply for it. I was a New Zealander as far as they were concerned even though born in the UK... and had to go through the process like anyone else...

So does being born somewhere always give you nationality.. for life?
    There are exceptions of course. Like in your case, and so many other cases. Not everyone gets a nationality. Only about 99% do. Having said that, I am so sorry for you Distantpeak... you didn't even get a nationality... that is harsh. But then it must've given you the choice to be which national you wanted to be as a grown up, right? I guess that's a good thing... so you chose to be a UK citizen? That is great... now I'm happy for you man.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    There are exceptions of course. Like in your case, and so many other cases. Not everyone gets a nationality. Only about 99% do. Having said that, I am so sorry for you Distantpeak... you didn't even get a nationality... that is harsh. But then it must've given you the choice to be which national you wanted to be as a grown up, right? I guess that's a good thing... so you chose to be a UK citizen? That is great... now I'm happy for you man.
    If I had a choice it would be to have no nationality.... but then that would screw up travelling... 55

Life. Definitely a good thing to be given at birth. Not all babies are so lucky.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast