Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 226
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: What is your current problem?

  1. #41
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    The government officer is telling me,

    "According to the law, you have to be fined 20,000 and be banned for 1 year. But we don't want to do that to you. So just go out of the country using the current visa that is dated 24 July 2017. When you go out, they will not know that the visa has actually expired since February because we are not linked. Just don't show them your Work Permit."

    As for the Work Permit, the officer suggested that we delete my current WP and have me apply for a entirely new WP. Now, the company has been sending tax report with my name on it until June. So the company has to run at least 3 months without my name on the list before I can re-apply for the WP, as if I have never worked in this company before. Basically what it means is that I have to first quit the company, and then re-enter. This is just crazy madness.
    If you have a friendly Immigration Officer you are very, very lucky.
    Follow All his advice immediately.

    What's "crazy madness" is you allowing your work permit to expire.
    This is entirely your fault - grow up and accept your responsibilities.
    I suggest you join ThaiVisa and regularly read their Visa/Work Permit section to be aware of any changes that may affect you.
    Last edited by Zablive; 13th July 2017 at 12:58.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  2. #42
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    You claim to have no money.
    How can you afford two tickets to Macau plus expensive accommodation FFS?

    One more thing is troubling me - where did you get your current "B Visa" ?

    If it was in Thailand at an Immigration Office then it is NOT "a Visa" but is an "Extension".
    If so You are on overstay and will need to pay up to 20,000 baht upon exiting Thailand by any means.
    If over 90 days you will also banned for one year.

    You must clarify and rectify this immediately.

    In your precarious financial position I wouldn't go within cooee of a casino!
    Yes, I have no money and that is the truth. I'm not proud of that, nor am I ashamed of that, it's just a fact. I just don't have any money.

    But my wife? She's loaded... She makes more money in a month, than what I make in a year.
    Moo Uaon likes this.

  3. #43
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    If you have a friendly Immigration Officer you are very, very lucky.
    Follow his advice immediately.

    What's "crazy madness" is you allowing your work permit to expire.
    This is entirely your fault - grow up and accept your responsibilities.
    I suggest you join ThaiVisa and regularly read their Visa/Work Permit section to be aware of any changes that may affect you.
    For the past 15 years, my secretary has been handling my WP and VISA issue without a hitch. And then this time, she completely forgot about my WP expiry date. I didn't shout at her... no... anyone can make mistake. I should think it was my fault that I didn't check it myself more regularly. She's very apologetic about this whole madness...

  4. #44
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    The complexity of my problem just got to a different level.

    --

    I need to go to China early next month. Now the question is,

    Can a Korean man who is in Thailand with tourist visa, get a tourist visa to China from Chinese embassy in Thailand?

    I think I can, but I need to check..

  5. #45
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    The complexity of my problem just got to a different level.

    --

    I need to go to China early next month. Now the question is,

    Can a Korean man who is in Thailand with tourist visa, get a tourist visa to China from Chinese embassy in Thailand?

    I think I can, but I need to check..
    Best ask the Chinese Embassy surely.
    Don't put down "business" as your reason for visiting.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  6. #46
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    GGrass likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  7. #47
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Best ask the Chinese Embassy surely.
    Don't put down "business" as your reason for visiting.
    Just got the intel from the Chinese embassy. I CAN get a tourist visa from Chinese embassy. (Make sure to get re-entry first before going to China.)

    --

    I've figured it out now. Here's what I'm gonna do.

    1. Go to Korea with documents to apply for non-Im-B visa which has 90 days.
    2. Come to Thailand, and get a re-entry for the above visa before I forget.
    3. I can't apply for WP yet because I have to wait at least 3 months for the old record to be cleared.
    4. Get Chinese visa, go to China, come back, no problem because I have re-entry visa.
    5. Before 90 days, go to Korea again and get a non-Im-B visa.
    6. Enter Thailand and this time, I can apply for new Work Permit.
    Last edited by GGrass; 13th July 2017 at 14:08.

  8. #48
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Just got the intel from the Chinese embassy. I CAN get a tourist visa from Chinese embassy. (Make sure to get re-entry first before going to China.)

    --

    I've figured it out now. Here's what I'm gonna do.

    1. Go to Korea with documents to apply for non-Im-B visa which has 90 days.
    2. Come to Thailand, and get a re-entry for the above visa before I forget.
    3. I can't apply for WP yet because I have to wait at least 3 months for the old record to be cleared.
    4. Get Chinese visa, go to China, come back, no problem because I have re-entry visa.
    5. Before 90 days, go to Korea again and get a non-Im-B visa.
    6. Enter Thailand and this time, I can apply for new Work Permit.

    Why not 5. get a work permit then go to Immigration locally and get a 12 month Extension on the First Non Immi B Visa?
    Saves another trip to Korea and your cash-strapped Company some money.
    Last edited by Zablive; 13th July 2017 at 14:34.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  9. #49
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Why not 5. get a work permit then go to Immigration locally and get a 12 month Extension on the First Non Immi B Visa?
    Saves another trip to Korea and your cash-strapped Company some money.
    The thing is this.

    My current WP which was issued on Feb should not have been issued in the first place. Strictly speaking, it could not have been issued because there's no visa. They should have made me get a new visa first, and then issue the WP.

    So, they want to delete the WP they issued. Forget that it ever existed. If I cancel it this month, then after three months, my name will disappear from the record. After that, I can apply for new WP.

  10. #50
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    The thing is this.

    My current WP which was issued on Feb should not have been issued in the first place. Strictly speaking, it could not have been issued because there's no visa. They should have made me get a new visa first, and then issue the WP.

    So, they want to delete the WP they issued. Forget that it ever existed. If I cancel it this month, then after three months, my name will disappear from the record. After that, I can apply for new WP.
    Well, do this ASAP!

    Also looking at the Work Permit requirements it's doubtful an insolvent company would qualify.
    Also I take it that you have more than 12 Thai employees to qualify for the three alien work permits required.?
    How are they getting paid.?
    Last edited by Zablive; 13th July 2017 at 15:08.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  11. #51
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    The thing is this.

    My current WP which was issued on Feb should not have been issued in the first place. Strictly speaking, it could not have been issued because there's no visa. They should have made me get a new visa first, and then issue the WP.

    So, they want to delete the WP they issued. Forget that it ever existed. If I cancel it this month, then after three months, my name will disappear from the record. After that, I can apply for new WP.
    So - do this, go to China and forget about going to Korea until 3 months have passed.
    On your return get a 30day Extension on your TV at your local Immi in the last few days (1900 Baht).
    By then your 3 months will have passed and go to Korea.
    Last edited by Zablive; 13th July 2017 at 15:50.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  12. #52
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Yes, I have no money and that is the truth. I'm not proud of that, nor am I ashamed of that, it's just a fact. I just don't have any money.

    But my wife? She's loaded... She makes more money in a month, than what I make in a year.
    I've been reading your story with interest and Zab sure has some "Consulting time" invested in you which no doubt can be offset with a nice drop of red.

    However......
    Your wife is LOADED?
    Doesn't she like you anymore, or is it just you never tell her about your problems with money? Have you burned her in the past?

    If I read things right, she owes you for all that good money you pointed her at that she then went and lost at the Venetian......(Nice place that, went there last year, lost nothing...55).

    99.99% of wives I know, always know exactly what's going on even if you don't think they do.
    Zablive and GGrass like this.

  13. #53
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    I agree 100%
    Time for the missus to stump up some dough.
    Or will that stupid Asian "Face" thing stop you from asking for a handout?

    Here's a thought - why not work for your wife rather than your insolvent Father and brother ??
    Last edited by Zablive; 13th July 2017 at 17:32.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  14. #54
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Well, do this ASAP!

    Also looking at the Work Permit requirements it's doubtful an insolvent company would qualify.
    Also I take it that you have more than 12 Thai employees to qualify for the three alien work permits required.?
    How are they getting paid.?
    Currently there are just under 50 Thai workers in the company. So far I have never delayed their payment. But every month I wonder if this is the month that I can't pay their salary.

  15. #55
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Currently there are just under 50 Thai workers in the company. So far I have never delayed their payment. But every month I wonder if this is the month that I can't pay their salary.
    1. liquidate your business.
    2. Kiss your wife and tell her for the time being the financial responsibility is on her.
    3. Take your role as father / keeper of the house more seriously.
    4. Consult a good psychologist, work on your personal issues.
    5. Try to be responsible for yourself, Visa, WP is your issue.. nice if someone can help, but it remains your responsibility!
    6. It's your life! Do what you want, do what you are good at, things will come along when you open yourself to them...
    jontymate, Zablive, Nomad and 1 others like this.

  16. #56
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I've been reading your story with interest and Zab sure has some "Consulting time" invested in you which no doubt can be offset with a nice drop of red.

    However......
    Your wife is LOADED?
    Doesn't she like you anymore, or is it just you never tell her about your problems with money? Have you burned her in the past?

    If I read things right, she owes you for all that good money you pointed her at that she then went and lost at the Venetian......(Nice place that, went there last year, lost nothing...55).

    99.99% of wives I know, always know exactly what's going on even if you don't think they do.
    Thanks for your interest Chang1, I really appreciate your and Zab's kind guidance.

    Me and my wife... we're OK couple I think. We've had our issues in the past but at present we are still together and doing relatively OK.

    And she knows what's going on. She knows everything about my business and my struggle with my father.

    Hell, she knows about me better than I know about myself! Haha...

    She's great... but she can get a bit bossy sometimes... true she's paying all the bills but that doesn't mean she can act like a boss to me. I don't act like a boss to her, so why must she boss me around?

    At this point, I'd like to remind myself that no man has ever won against a woman. Sigh...
    Quarky, Changone and Moo Uaon like this.

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    She's great... but she can get a bit bossy sometimes... true she's paying all the bills but that doesn't mean she can act like a boss to me. I don't act like a boss to her, so why must she boss me around?

    At this point, I'd like to remind myself that no man has ever won against a woman. Sigh...
    After reading the thread I think you need the bossing around and you're lucky that you have your wife to do it.

    You seem to like to play the victim role? I feel sorry for your wife that she needs to step into that role to deal with you, but it’s because of you and how you are that I think she does.

    You know the answers to your problems, the problem is that the answers takes strength and courage to act, but you seem to enjoy the victim role you have taken on.

    If you don't know the answers to the problem, here is a hint, it's the hard choice, the things that you don't want to do, it’s not "my father’s fault" or its everyone else's fault. That may well be the case, but it doesn't fix your issue or how you see it.

    Time to stop playing the victim and take some control of your life.

  18. #58
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    After reading the thread I think you need the bossing around and you're lucky that you have your wife to do it.

    You seem to like to play the victim role? I feel sorry for your wife that she needs to step into that role to deal with you, but itís because of you and how you are that I think she does.

    You know the answers to your problems, the problem is that the answers takes strength and courage to act, but you seem to enjoy the victim role you have taken on.

    If you don't know the answers to the problem, here is a hint, it's the hard choice, the things that you don't want to do, itís not "my fatherís fault" or its everyone else's fault. That may well be the case, but it doesn't fix your issue or how you see it.

    Time to stop playing the victim and take some control of your life.
    Thanks for your kind advise.

    Normally I don't feel that I am a victim of anything, in fact I normally feel like I am in control of my life, whether it turns out good or bad. I don't blame other people for my problems, although I often say that other people ARE my problems.

    But I did think about what you said, and I did ask myself if I am allowing other people to boss me around and in process, I get hurt.

    And I must say to some extend, that is true. I do allow a lot of people to boss me around. However, I only allow them because I don't want confrontation. Especially true in case with my wife. When she bosses me around, at first I allow it because I don't want to fight with her, but when it gets too much, I blow up and she's like,

    'What the fuck did I do?'

    --

    IF I had been more... of a man, then people wouldn't think in the first place that they can order me around. True. I guess I need to man up and take control of my life, as you suggested.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Thanks for your kind advise.

    Normally I don't feel that I am a victim of anything, in fact I normally feel like I am in control of my life, whether it turns out good or bad. I don't blame other people for my problems, although I often say that other people ARE my problems.

    But I did think about what you said, and I did ask myself if I am allowing other people to boss me around and in process, I get hurt.

    And I must say to some extend, that is true. I do allow a lot of people to boss me around. However, I only allow them because I don't want confrontation. Especially true in case with my wife. When she bosses me around, at first I allow it because I don't want to fight with her, but when it gets too much, I blow up and she's like,

    'What the fuck did I do?'

    --

    IF I had been more... of a man, then people wouldn't think in the first place that they can order me around. True. I guess I need to man up and take control of my life, as you suggested.
    I am glad you to see that you appreciate the advice as its not maybe what you want to hear.

    Of course victims never see themselves as victims, otherwise they would do something about it or blame themselves.

    I don't see you as a hopeless cause as you seem to want to fix things.

    The issue I see with your wife is that you place her in that role as a boss as you clearly aren't acting in that way yourself, just because she has taken it on, is no fault of hers. Also no fault of her is she is good at it.

    A key thing to remember is a boss/leader is that they are in that role because it’s their job to make the hard decisions. (ie burden of leadership)

    If you made the hard decision her/their role wouldn't exist. If you’re not up to the leadership role, ask your wife what to do and follow her advice to the letter.

    'What the fuck did I do?' has little bearing on the way forward, you can't change the past, a simple leadership approach is if you don't know what to do, pick a way forward until you do, but the important thing is pick a way forward. Not play the victim.

    It’s not about being a man, it’s about taking control of the situation, even if that situation is FUBAR.
    Last edited by phaisan; 15th July 2017 at 21:22.

  20. #60
    Cadet Gold GGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    332
    First, I just want to say this comment has nothing to do with any of the previous comment. I'm just posting this comment here because I need to say something and I don't have any appropriate place to do it, other than here.

    ---

    Fuck this shit. I am sick of everything and everyone. Just fuck everything, everyone, and then just fucking die.

    So many times you see in the news of a man going crazy and killing everyone in the house before killing himself.

    Well, I'm just gonna get the fuck out of here before I kill everyone in the house and appear on the news.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •