Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Everyone has something to do

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    You know, it's been proven that negativity is easier to embrace than positivity.

There is a wealth of information available. The following link is the 1ST on Google.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias

There are a few seconds between doubting one's value and believing good things lay ahead.

To overcome self doubt or any negativity is a success worthy of celebration in itself.

Don't rush it..
    Quarky and GGrass like this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    That's a heavy burden to bear. I never even thought about what Buksida mentioned. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But it does seem to me like the sort of situation that will get more and more difficult for everyone involved the longer it lasts. It almost sounds like a band aid thing where you have to rip it off quick and deal with the pain. Not that you should be taking any advice from any of us here 55.
    GGrass likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    I have a lot of empathy with your situation. I am in the same one except I am the father and my son is you.

It becomes very hard to give up when employees depend on you. Some of them have been with me over 30 years and just the termination benefits mandated by Thai labour law make it financially impossible to close the company. Better to blunder on and hope some new work turns up.
    I feel for you too sir. Being a father in this situation isn't very much fun either. Like Mr. Bacon said, the longer it gets, the harder it gets for everyone involved.

I would say we have good relationship, between me and my dad. Not GREAT, but good. So even if we fight, we don't hurt each other too much. I just... not talk to him for a month or something like that. But I see him every morning at the factory so it is impossible not to talk. He is 72 years old. Born on the year the war ended. 1945, the same year Republic of Korea was born.

Originally born in North Korea, spent the first five years of his life there, and when the Korean War broke out in 1950, he took the refugee boat to Pusan, and he has never been home since.

Wow... that is sad. Reminds me of myself. And why not ? Like father like son.

He came to Thailand when he was 40 years old, with his wife and his 3 sons. When he first arrived in Don Muang, all he had was 3 Benjamins in his wallet.

Now, after 30 years, I'm sure he has more than 300 bucks... so he's satisfied with everything he's got. He's built this small factory which provides jobs for 50 people, and even though it's been losing money for the last 5 years, he is still going to keep it running at all cost. He orders me to run it at full capacity and gets angry if he finds that the factory is not running so fast. But to run it, I need money to buy the raw material, and pay for the electricity, and pay for the workers' salaries, etc etc. And if he can't finance it, how can I run it?

Reporting Live : Literally a minute ago, the purchase officer asked me to sign a PO for the raw material. I signed it but told the staff not to send it to the supplier just yet because we don't have the money to buy the goods!! Sigh...

Anyway... the point is... the factory is losing money like crazy and I can't get my dad to stop running it. The end.
    Quarky and Moo Uaon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Khun GGras, you've got issues!

First is the issue with your self-image, which is so poor that it is leading you to depression! Do something about that, because it is holding you back and eating you from inside!

Second, and as a consequence, you are not able to see the skill-set you are equipped with..
    And you fail to see your most sell-able skills as assets..
    But you do speak three languages fluent, have contacts in Thailand, Have management experience in Thailand, etc..
    In your shoes I would look at "facilitator" jobs in Thai-Korean trade or business.. Don't do anything, just be an intermediate who can arrange hotels, meeting-rooms, local lawyers or registered interpreters. But you understand two cultures and their differences deep in your soul, and many business deals bounce because of cultural misunderstanding..
    Thank you very much, K. Rak Thai. Your valuable comments allow me to reflect on myself and see myself through your words.

So... I am a man with very low self esteem and the image I have of myself is very poor... Hm...

Not really. I don't think I have low self esteem, but rather I have too much self esteem. I think I am too good even to be human. I think I should be a god or at least a semi god. The image I have of myself is... rather like my avatar... a big tree in the middle of the open grass field.
    Quarky likes this.

In case anyone is curious,

Regarding what my wife said, which was 'Have you thought about how you're going to bring home the bacon?', I was clueless. In this world, you can't make money without money. To make money, you need money. If you have money, you can make money with your money. But if you don't have any money, then the only way to make money is by selling your labor. And I am too old and too pampered to be selling myself at the job market. Besides, who'd want to hire a 40 years old who can only work 3-4 hours a day???

You might wonder, 3-4 hours a day?!

Yes... on the average I work about that. But then there are days when I work 12 hours a day too. And of course there are days when I work 0 hours. So... I'm saying on the average, 3-4 hours a day.

I'm babbling now. Sorry if I wasted your time with this pile of texts.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    In case anyone is curious,

Regarding what my wife said, which was 'Have you thought about how you're going to bring home the bacon?', I was clueless. In this world, you can't make money without money. To make money, you need money. If you have money, you can make money with your money. But if you don't have any money, then the only way to make money is by selling your labor. And I am too old and too pampered to be selling myself at the job market. Besides, who'd want to hire a 40 years old who can only work 3-4 hours a day???

You might wonder, 3-4 hours a day?!

Yes... on the average I work about that. But then there are days when I work 12 hours a day too. And of course there are days when I work 0 hours. So... I'm saying on the average, 3-4 hours a day.

I'm babbling now. Sorry if I wasted your time with this pile of texts.
    Honestly, I think you need to break out of this funk or you are going to lose your wife and kids.

You are 40yrs old with marketable skills. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

I don't mean this as rude but and I know your family business situation is a lot to handle
    But your 1st responsibility is to your kids, no one else...

And because of them, you need to figure out what you are going to do with the next half of your life

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Honestly, I think you need to break out of this funk or you are going to lose your wife and kids.

You are 40yrs old with marketable skills. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

I don't mean this as rude but and I know your family business situation is a lot to handle
    But your 1st responsibility is to your kids, no one else...

And because of them, you need to figure out what you are going to do with the next half of your life
    Thanks M26, I will figure out sooner or later, hopefully sooner, what I'm going to do.

--

It is quite complicated when it comes to 'kids'.

I don't want them to look at their dad and say, 'How come he's at home all the time? Shouldn't he be at work?'
    But I want them to look at me and be like, 'Great, dad is home.'

Perhaps it will encourage them to work at home when they grow up.

But in reality, if I quit working at the factory, I'd be working at home, on the dining table. The kids will see it and eventually think that it's normal to work at home, wearing pajamas...

When I was a kid, I thought all daddies worked in factories.

If you look at a man's life as the battery of a phone, mine will read 50%. Nothing I can do about the spent half, but what am I going to do with the remaining 50%? Let's see...

Wake up. Wake up the kids, take a shower, eat breakfast with the kids, put them in my car and drive them to school. Then I come back home and open my computer, check the emails... make some phone calls... meanwhile clean the house... water the lawn, take out the trash, etc etc... until lunch time. Have a lunch, watch TV, YouTube, play some Xbox... and when it's time to pick up the kids, I go and pick up the kids. Bring them home and my wife would be home. We'd have diner, and then I will monitor the boys doing their homework while my wife will monitor me. Hahaha... When the boys finish their homework, then it's free time for all... you can do whatever you want... until it's bed time. And everyone goes to bed and the day ends.

Doesn't sound too bad, does it? I wouldn't mind doing that for the rest of my remaining life. (What a wishful thinking)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    If you look at a man's life as the battery of a phone, mine will read 50%. Nothing I can do about the spent half, but what am I going to do with the remaining 50%? Let's see...

Wake up. Wake up the kids, take a shower, eat breakfast with the kids, put them in my car and drive them to school. Then I come back home and open my computer, check the emails... make some phone calls... meanwhile clean the house... water the lawn, take out the trash, etc etc... until lunch time. Have a lunch, watch TV, YouTube, play some Xbox... and when it's time to pick up the kids, I go and pick up the kids. Bring them home and my wife would be home. We'd have diner, and then I will monitor the boys doing their homework while my wife will monitor me. Hahaha... When the boys finish their homework, then it's free time for all... you can do whatever you want... until it's bed time. And everyone goes to bed and the day ends.

Doesn't sound too bad, does it? I wouldn't mind doing that for the rest of my remaining life. (What a wishful thinking)
    My wife knows that I actually don't like the Grand Poobah
    But I'd still go if she wanted me to go.....out of respect for her and her family.
    Once I got married to a Thai, I never looked at anything as a Thai thing.....it was just a family thing

But as we see, it's different for everyone
    Last edited by Bacon; 22nd June 2017 at 15:05. Reason: Sensitive topic

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Some thoughts are best not expressed on an open forum - even if you don't live here.
    Bacon likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12