• 3 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By GGrass
  • 2 Post By obes
  • 1 Post By Stillearly
  • 1 Post By phaisan

Thread: Easy way VS Hard way

Easy way VS Hard way

Suppose you are trying to learn something. And there are 2 ways to learn it, and you have to learn both ways. The 2 ways are :

1. The easy way
    2. The hard way

Since you have to learn BOTH WAYS it's not a question of which way will you choose, but it's a question of which way will you choose to learn first.

Will you learn the easy way first, and then learn the hard way, or, will you learn the hard way first, and then learn the easy way.

What is your choice? Why?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Depends what it is.

I think I would take the easy way first, that would give me a clue on the hard way. Plus if I didn't like it I could move on without spending the time doing the hard way.
    Gazmac and GGrass like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Do it once, do it right. Why bother wasting time with some fake easy way when you still have to do everything necessary to do it properly? (The hard way).

You are playing an online game and they offer you a one time cheat to get to the next level.
    Next time you play you have to figure it out yourself without the benefit of the cheat.
    It's no easier than it was before so it is still "The hard way" but when you get there, you know everything there is to know about it so now there is only "The right way".
    Quarky, Zablive and GGrass like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Depends what it is.

I think I would take the easy way first, that would give me a clue on the hard way. Plus if I didn't like it I could move on without spending the time doing the hard way.
    Sorry mate, he said you gotta do both ways.....
    OZZYGUY and GGrass like this.

Chang1 is right. I said you gotta do both ways, but which one will you do first.

But I think still OzzyGuy would have said easy way first. Learn the basics first, then take on the expert stuff. It's a good way to approach the problem.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

For me, I'm torn between the two choices.

If I do the easy one first, then hard one later, it'll be easier start but it will get increasingly harder.

But if I do the hard one first, then it will be slow learning at first, but it will get increasingly easier.

--

If I learn the easy way first, I might not be so eager to learn the hard way. So I may never be an expert.

If I learn the hard way first, the danger is that I might give up before learning it.

--

What to do...?
    Last edited by GGrass; 11th July 2017 at 18:38.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Hard way first every time - no question !

That's what I'm trying to do now, heading towards retirement years.

Did it hard for a lot of years and now, still hard sometimes, but I've pretty much got it down Pat, so it's manageable !
    Changone and GGrass like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    For me, I'm torn between the two choices.

If I do the easy one first, then hard one later, it'll be easier start but it will get increasingly harder.

But if I do the hard one first, then it will be slow learning at first, but it will get increasingly easier.

--

If I learn the easy way first, I might not be so eager to learn the hard way. So I may never be an expert.

If I learn the hard way first, the danger is that I might give up before learning it.

--

What to do...?
    I'm with the others, if you understand something properly , then it's easy to decide later if shortcuts are an option or if they will have unintended consequences
    GGrass likes this.

Banned
    Depends on the problem, its simplistic to believe one approach is suitable for every problem. Linking to your other thread I just posted in, I would say the hard way is the correct approach in that circumstance.
    Quarky likes this.