Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Unloading some thoughts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Ao got hit and run by a car
    She woke up on the hospital with none of her belongings
    All taken

That being said.....I've met way more honest Thai people than dishonest in the terms we are talking about
    Just once I would like to play act dead and kill the fucker who tries to rob me. Leave his blood on the road instead of mine.

Although people into "this stuff " do come off as others just don't understand it.

I don't understand it because I just don't care about it.....and I also believe we have a lot more control of our everyday lives and immediate futures than what you ascribe to
    If you watch that Sam Harris video... you'll realise it's almost irrational to think like that.... even though we all do generally... it's almost like life has brainwashed us into believing.... the unbelievable...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    If you watch that Sam Harris video... you'll realise it's almost irrational to think like that.... even though we all do generally... it's almost like life has brainwashed us into believing.... the unbelievable...
    Who is Sam Harris - the next Messiah? 555!

I really feel sorry for people who can't enjoy their successes and learn from their failures "because it was nothing to do with them" 55555!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Who is Sam Harris - the next Messiah? 555!

I really feel sorry for people who can't enjoy their successes and learn from their failures "because it was nothing to do with them" 55555!
    It is all to do with you... but "you" are perhaps not what you believe you are... your "free will" is perhaps not what you perceive it to be... we are all sophisticated organic computers...

Once AI's have "free will" (Probably in the next 25 years) we will all begin to understand better what our own free will really is....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    It is all to do with you... but "you" are perhaps not what you believe you are... your "free will" is perhaps not what you perceive it to be... we are all sophisticated organic computers...

Once AI's have "free will" (Probably in the next 25 years) we will all begin to understand better what our own free will really is....
    I hope your new friends will be able to fix your knees etc because you'll be old by then.
    But why should they give a flying fck about you, pray tell?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Did I mention the time I was abducted by aliens and taken to a different galaxy when I was 10 years old? 555

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I have a very simple philosophy on life. I don't take what isn't mine. I don't kill what I won't eat, and I only eat enough to sustain me. I try to help others in need, but not if they abuse it. I try to give more than I receive... but only up to a limit that I can afford. I don't have an excess of anything unless it is work related... tools of the trade so to speak. I purchase just enough to make my life enjoyable. I have zero ego and acknowledge those better than me.

But, I have a LONG memory when I see evil done... and I don't forget it.

I don't follow any religion because most of what I see goes entirely against what I believe in. However, I think there was a commandment in the Bible that sort of went like this... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    There were 10 commandments but 'Do unto others...' was not one of them, I think. In one of Jesus preaches he said something along the line of 'Do unto others...', but it wasn't one of the commandments given to Moses.

Just saying...

Mr. Ian, I like that you can just say your life philosophy so casually. Most people, including myself, when they talk about their life philosophy, they become all serious and stuff but you say it as if it's nothing. At least when I read it, it sounded very casual, I could be wrong though. Again, just saying...

As for AI issue, if one day they can make AI that understands why 'Soldiers coming home' videos on the Youtube are so popular, then I'll start to worry. But until then, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    There were 10 commandments but 'Do unto others...' was not one of them, I think. In one of Jesus preaches he said something along the line of 'Do unto others...', but it wasn't one of the commandments given to Moses.

Just saying...

Mr. Ian, I like that you can just say your life philosophy so casually. Most people, including myself, when they talk about their life philosophy, they become all serious and stuff but you say it as if it's nothing. At least when I read it, it sounded very casual, I could be wrong though. Again, just saying...
    You are correct. That just shows my interest in anything and everything when it relates to religion. I haven't seen it do a lot of good, but I've certainly seen it create a lot of evil.

"This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets" (Matthew 7:12 NCV, see also Luke 6:31). The common English phrasing is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". ... The Golden Rule is stated positively numerous times in the Hebrew Pentateuch as well as the Prophets and Writings.

Golden Rule - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    As for AI issue, if one day they can make AI that understands why 'Soldiers coming home' videos on the Youtube are so popular, then I'll start to worry. But until then, meh.
    Won't be as long as you think....

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I hope your new friends will be able to fix your knees etc because you'll be old by then.
    But why should they give a flying fck about you, pray tell?
    I am only hoping they help us work out how to be immortal and forever young... before they turn on us... 55

Did I mention the time I was abducted by aliens and taken to a different galaxy when I was 10 years old? 555
    The one time I wish you'd post a load of photos... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    You are correct. That just shows my interest in anything and everything when it relates to religion. I haven't seen it do a lot of good, but I've certainly seen it create a lot of evil.

"This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets" (Matthew 7:12 NCV, see also Luke 6:31). The common English phrasing is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". ... The Golden Rule is stated positively numerous times in the Hebrew Pentateuch as well as the Prophets and Writings.

Golden Rule - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule"
    I live by the "Camping ground rule", leave the place in better condition as you found it...
    No need for Matthew or Luke, just common decency.. And it works for places, people, relationships, etc..
    Quarky, Nomad and retdent like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    We are all only star dust
    Crosby Still and Nash...

We may soon be shown the meaning of life.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.w...-sign-of-life/
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 14th December 2017 at 08:54.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Just once I would like to play act dead and kill the fucker who tries to rob me. Leave his blood on the road instead of mine.
    This could be from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy? 555

https://thanh3.wordpress.com/2008/06...y-jack-handey/
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Ian Forbes;348891]Did I mention the time I was abducted by aliens and taken to a different galaxy when I was 10 years old? 555[/QUOTE

How long did it take for your Anus to Retract back to its normal Size ? 5555 Those Aliens seem to be fixated on Bum Holes 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tingtong;348927]
    Did I mention the time I was abducted by aliens and taken to a different galaxy when I was 10 years old? 555[/QUOTE

How long did it take for your Anus to Retract back to its normal Size ? 5555 Those Aliens seem to be fixated on Bum Holes 5555
    Almost got it TT - but you left the bracket out [/QUOTE < see, on the end of the last quote !
    Tingtong likes this.

Banned
    I have a very simple philosophy on life. I don't take what isn't mine. I don't kill what I won't eat, and I only eat enough to sustain me. I try to help others in need, but not if they abuse it. I try to give more than I receive... but only up to a limit that I can afford. I don't have an excess of anything unless it is work related... tools of the trade so to speak. I purchase just enough to make my life enjoyable. I have zero ego and acknowledge those better than me.

But, I have a LONG memory when I see evil done... and I don't forget it.
    A rather primitive philosophy you have, but I respect that you at least have put some thought into it so won't do you the disfavour of pointing out the flaws.

Banned
    I don't understand it because I just don't care about it.....and I also believe we have a lot more control of our everyday lives and immediate futures than what you ascribe to
    And that's the problem with people that don't understand it, they console themselves with the lies that it doesn't matter or the falsehoods that they do have control whilst admitting such as yourself you don't understand or care about the technicalities of it.

Its an oxymoron, how can you have control of something that you don't care about or understand? have you really thought about that?

This is a perfect example why people believe in religion, takes the burden of thinking about this from them.

Banned
    Going by your own stated philosophy you would then have to eat them! Sorry I said I wouldn't poke holes in philosophy
    Dupree likes this.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast