Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Unloading some thoughts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Apart from the technicalities, how would any of us feel when their income situation is discussed on an open forum?
    especially when words like "fraud" are included?

I for one think this is behavior beneath the lowest level of acceptance..
    I don't know....Baz isn't shy to opine on anyone else.
    Giving his opinion on what type of work constitutes lazy or not.

For the record, I don't think anything Baz is doing is wrong. He's paid his taxes and is entitled to his pension. Good on him for working and paying his taxes his whole life, he deserves his pension.
    Changone likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I don't know....Baz isn't shy to opine on anyone else.
    Giving his opinion on what type of work constitutes lazy or not.

For the record, I don't think anything Baz is doing is wrong. He's paid his taxes and is entitled to his pension. Good on him for working and paying his taxes his whole life, he deserves his pension.
    Not talking about Baz, but about Phaisan's posts...

You are a pretty open guy and explained a lot about your personal life...
    But when Obes attacks you on your marriage, I think that is really low!
    It's not why (and where in the forum) you shared that information, and it has nothing to do with the issue being discussed..

Same here.. Baz is pretty open about his situation, and some (pretending) newbie comes along and accuses him of welfare fraud...

maybe I see it all wrong, and this kind of behavior is the new normal...
    Only not sure I want to be a part of it if any kind of personal information is up to be abused in personal fetes in the open section...
    Bacon and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Not talking about Baz, but about Phaisan's posts...

You are a pretty open guy and explained a lot about your personal life...
    But when Obes attacks you on your marriage, I think that is really low!
    It's not why (and where in the forum) you shared that information, and it has nothing to do with the issue being discussed..

Same here.. Baz is pretty open about his situation, and some (pretending) newbie comes along and accuses him of welfare fraud...

maybe I see it all wrong, and this kind of behavior is the new normal...
    Only not sure I want to be a part of it if any kind of personal information is up to be abused in personal fetes in the open section...
    I agree, accusing someone of fraud from afar is not cool at all.
    Bacon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Posts deleted.

Phaisan,

Threatening other members is not on. Consider this a formal warning.
    Zablive likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    What worries me in Australia is not so much age pensions, but the disability support system.
    People are living much longer and disability care costs big money. The other burgeoning cost is child care.
    Some people now spend more on that per week than their mortgage.
    Health care costs are also reaching prohibitive levels.
    Our penchant for work at all costs is eating itself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    What worries me in Australia is not so much age pensions, but the disability support system.
    People are living much longer and disability care costs big money. The other burgeoning cost is child care.
    My next door neighbors got lucky and got their 1 1/2yr old in the library day care.
    That is considered one of the cheaper ones and it is still 1500/mo

By the way.....I didn't understand your last comment

Our penchant for work at all costs is eating itself up

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Most advanced nations have that problem now. Japan's got it the worse I hear. Their whole system is going to collapse on itself soon.

People from poor countries don't understand people from rich countries. And people from rich countries don't really understand people from poor countries.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    People from poor countries don't understand people from rich countries. And people from rich countries don't really understand people from poor countries.
    And people from poor countries like to think nobody is worse off..........like when I point out to my wife she isn't the only one to come from a poor country 5555
    They can be a bit of martyrs

Is life a war? Is living itself, an act of war? Because if I were to live, others must die. (Others meaning cows, chickens, pigs, etc)

--

To consider my existence an act of war is very stressful to me. I must constantly be on guard. I must constantly be aware of my surrounding and be aware where the enemies are and I must constantly consider between life or death.

So even though I may be sitting on the beach, sipping a cold bottle of beer, I am still on alert. Always ready for battle.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I receive 3 pensions in Canada. A superannuation that I got from working for the government for 40 years. They withheld a portion of my wages over the 40 years I worked and then gave me a portion of it back. If I live until my mid 80s I might break even. I get a Canada pension and an old age pension. Both of those come from paying taxes for 60 years. The government learned a long time ago that its not wise to have a lot of destitute people living in the street. They also knew that many people do not always manage their money well. Had I had a good financial advisor who properly managed the same money I gave to the government then I would have a whole lot more than I get now. But, it always balances out. No system is perfect.
    PeteGill likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Is life a war? Is living itself, an act of war? Because if I were to live, others must die. (Others meaning cows, chickens, pigs, etc)

--

To consider my existence an act of war is very stressful to me. I must constantly be on guard. I must constantly be aware of my surrounding and be aware where the enemies are and I must constantly consider between life or death.

So even though I may be sitting on the beach, sipping a cold bottle of beer, I am still on alert. Always ready for battle.
    dog eat dog...kill or be killed....it's a jungle.!
    GGrass likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Yet trying to survive on your own is difficult to the point of impossible. Ian could pull it off easy, but the rest of us need butchers and farmers 55.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    My next door neighbors got lucky and got their 1 1/2yr old in the library day care.
    That is considered one of the cheaper ones and it is still 1500/mo

By the way.....I didn't understand your last comment

Our penchant for work at all costs is eating itself up

What does that mean?
    Sorry for the purple prose...55
    What I mean to say is that nowadays all members of the household are now working as a norm, but are no longer chasing full time work to get ahead, (eg To pay off a large mortgage more quickly) but simply to make ends meet on day to day things they used to be able to do in their available time without paying for them. The opportunity cost of going to work is rising to the point where sometimes it even exceeds the reward for that same work.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Dog meat aint bad. I've eaten enough of it to know. The few men that survived that horrible plane crash in the Andes had to survive by eating human flesh. I'm too lazy to research it on Google.

Banned
    Is life a war? Is living itself, an act of war?
    Life is a struggle (or war), sometimes people get complacent and forget this and it bites them in the arse.
    GGrass likes this.

People would be foolish NOT to take advantage of a system set up initially to protect people from dying in the street of hunger. People get sick, people lose their jobs, and Too many people are just plain foolish with their money. People are conned into buying what they can't afford, and they spend what they don't have. The government understands that and set up a system to partially protect them. Unfortunately, there will always be people who abuse the system. By and large, they are the minority. but those who don't like sharing their wealth like to point to welfare recipients as being the majority.

The already wealthy realize the system is a method of NOT paying excessive taxes. Tax deferrals, tax write-offs, so called "investments" and huge salaries for the "chosen few" are all methods to get a lower rate of taxation... or not pay taxes at all. Churches are some of the biggest offenders. Check out some of the evangelists who live in mansions and live an opulent life style.

Credit cards are another get rich quick scheme set up to separate foolish people from their money. Unfortunately, Credit cards are a necessary evil in today's world. You can't do any major deal if you don't have one. You can't fly or rent a car if you don't have one. Too many people think a credit card is "free money" and they have no concept of interest. My two ex wives were like that. They had/have no concept of interest and how it accrues. Get rid of monthly payments and it's amazing how little money you need to live quite a good life.

The average Thai person living a subsistence existence are a typical example of people with no money management skills. Give them 100 baht and they spend it right away. Give them 20,000 baht and it's spent just as quickly. Give them a monthly income and they will sit back and do nothing. Look at all the former sports stars who earned vast amounts of money over a short time period and then lost it all because they didn't invest wisely. Black boxers were notorious for that.

But, I'm not pointing out what anyone with half a brain doesn't already know. I just don't understand bickering amongst ourselves.
    jontymate and GGrass like this.

Ever since I started my translator career this July, this is how it stands.

In July I only had 1/2 day's work, which paid me 4,000 Baht.

In August I have 2 and a half days' work, which pays me 18000 Baht.

Beginning of next month, which is September, I am booked for 4 days' work, which will pay me 80,000 Baht.

So in 3 months, by working 7 days, I would have made 102,000 Baht! Amazing!!

---

Imagine if I were a girl, and substitute the word 'translator career' with 'prostitution career'.

Hahaha!! I feel like I'm a whore!!!
    Last edited by GGrass; 22nd August 2017 at 14:47.
    Quarky, Moo Uaon and Ian Forbes like this.

Enjoy it as long as it lasts. Just put some aside if things don't go as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Enjoy it as long as it lasts. Just put some aside if things don't go as planned.
    Thank you Mr. Ian. I will save most of it away, as I don't need for much money at the moment. Just some money to buy cigarettes... buy noodles... and pay for the golf balls at the driving range which I go every now and then just to kill time.

---

Actually there's another 'side job' that I've been doing since I quit, which is to buy weaving machine spare parts from Korea and sell them to a weaving factory in Ratchburi. I fly over to Korea, buy the parts directly from the source, put them in my bag, and hand carry them back to Thailand without paying any tax. I do get nervous when I pass the customs but so far my record is 100%. Last time was a close call, I had a large carrier and a paper box, which was not a good thing because they stopped me and asked me to put the bag and the box in the x-ray machine, which I did silently without saying any word, and inside the bag and the box there were some weaving machine parts, but they didn't say anything, as soon as my stuff came out of the x-ray machine, they waved me through. I was lucky this time.

They rarely catch anyone carrying just ONE carrier. But if you have a large carrier AND a box, you become their target. So I try my best to avoid carrying in boxes, but sometimes it is necessary...

Anyway, I do this business, and the last time I went to Korea which was in July, I made a profit of 40K.

---

This time, which will be on 4th of September, when I go to Korea for the translating gig, I will also do the spare part run, and carry with me some parts that the customer wants. I recon it'll be the same volume as last time, but this time I can bring everything back in a single carrier. I would imagine will make similar profit as last time, which is 40K.

So not bad.
    Last edited by GGrass; 22nd August 2017 at 15:40.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast