Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Unloading some thoughts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Its interesting that people who come from nothing, want to make money as they think it makes them happy. People who come from money know it doesn't make you happy but its something that most need to experience to understand.

The middle class seem to be torn between both ends of the scale, but envied by both.
    If has zero to do with nothing money(although the money helps 555)

It's called pride. Building something of your own. And vice versa....of you come from money, you wouldn't have a clue about how easy it is to just accept that.
    My brother and sister have accepted that and never tried to do anything more than get by
    And I can tell you.......they certainly aren't happy at times. Moneys always a struggle

I think you have no idea what this really feels like. (not saying its the case in this circumstance relating to GGrass)

I was lucky in way I pushed into a career for the purpose rather than the money (not saying the money isn't considered good), but it wasn't a consideration.
    But very easy when you have a soft cushion
    I don't begrudge anyone who has that......a good portion of the guys I work with come from wealthy families.
    They are lucky that they got a head start and and may have a few more luxuries but in the grand scheme of things....they not any different than the other guys in the room

Hm... I definitely did not have everything handed down to me, except the tuition fee for education. My father was not a rich man and even if he was he probably wouldnt give his sons a dime coz hes a greedy man. I cant imagine him givivg money for anything other than food and clothes.

I do admit that I am lucky to have married a wealthy woman. But it comes with a price, not the kind of price that is measured with money but a price which you pay with...
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If has zero to do with nothing money(although the money helps 555)
    Well that's an oxymoron right there, how can it have zero to do with money if it helps?

It's called pride. Building something of your own. And vice versa....of you come from money, you wouldn't have a clue about how easy it is to just accept that.
    My brother and sister have accepted that and never tried to do anything more than get by
    And I can tell you.......they certainly aren't happy at times. Moneys always a struggle
    But it seems pride based on money. I am still trying to figure out what the rest of what you said means 555

Banned
    But very easy when you have a soft cushion
    or is it harder, when there is no need to work. Would you put up with some of the crap that you do at work if didn't need to work?

Sometimes having to many options can be more debilitating then having none.

Well that's an oxymoron right there, how can it have zero to do with money if it helps?

But it seems pride based on money. I am still trying to figure out what the rest of what you said means 555
    You seem to be the only one talking about money and assumed what I said to GG was about money......when it had nothing to do with it

Pride on accomplishments......
    Pride in not accepting your lot in life

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Hm... I definitely did not have everything handed down to me, except the tuition fee for education. My father was not a rich man and even if he was he probably wouldnt give his sons a dime coz hes a greedy man. I cant imagine him givivg money for anything other than food and clothes.

I do admit that I am lucky to have married a wealthy woman. But it comes with a price, not the kind of price that is measured with money but a price which you pay with...
    Does she have any wealthy Sisters ? .
    Cuzzy likes this.

or is it harder, when there is no need to work. Would you put up with some of the crap that you do at work if didn't need to work?

Yeah a real tough life......i feel for you and others that were born into such tough situations
    I am shocked you perservered through such hardship......

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

It can be more confusing for sure, but it does sort out the clever and motivated people from the average Joe that just wants to turn up at work, get paid a reasonable wage, and go home.

Up until we are at least in our 50s, we all have to work to live. The only exception might be the offspring of super wealthy parents. What we choose as a career is the determining factor. I was lucky and chose a career that I enjoyed. But, during 40 years of work there are bound to be some bad days. They help balance out the great one.

We all have to put up with crap everywhere, even if you don't have to work. It goes with the territory of being alive. If you want to be part of a group of people then there are bound to be people who you don't get along with. The alternative is to go live in a cave somewhere and not talk to anyone.

I was talking more about your career path.
    I am not judging your work ethic, you may have worked as hard as the next guy
    But that your career/job was sort of a "given" you seemed to have not attained some life skills others have had to gain

That's not knocking you.....but you seem to be struggling having to find your own way......which I think you eventually will
    GGrass likes this.

Banned
    Yeah a real tough life......i feel for you and others that were born into such tough situations
    I am shocked you perservered through such hardship......
    Yeah its hard, I have a childhood friend that's never worked a day in her life, never went to university or did further study, no need in her view.

She has traveled the world (courtesy of an annual 100k trust fund for purely travel) multiple times.

But she is a lost soul with no purpose in life, is is completely disconnected from people such as yourself, with the need to better themselves because they where born poor.

If that purpose was taken away from you what would you have?
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Banned
    Pride on accomplishments......

Pride in not accepting your lot in life
    What does that mean? you have no kids (of your own) so what or who are you trying to prove something too? Have you even asked yourself that question?

Yeah its hard, I have a childhood friend that's never worked a day in her life, never went to university or did further study, no need in her view.

She has traveled the world (courtesy of an annual 100k trust fund for purely travel) multiple times.

But she is a lost soul with no purpose in life, is is completely disconnected from people such as yourself, with the need to better themselves because they where born poor.

If that purpose was taken away from you what would you have?
    But that is somewhat what I was saying to GG.....but in a much smaller way.
    Good or bad(because it's not always a good thing) He had it "easy" in that he had his path laid out for him
    So he doesn't seem to be able to cope with finding his own path......yet
    Ian Forbes likes this.

What does that mean? you have no kids (of your own) so what or who are you trying to prove something too? Have you even asked yourself that question?
    Why do you have to prove anything to anyone but yourself?

I don't think there is one accomplishment in my life that I tried to achieve to prove to anyone else

I actually find that a bizarre question

Again.....you seem to want to make this as a scorecard of money and proving yourself to others
    When I have said nothing about any of that
    It's quite telling that is how you think though......
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 19th November 2017 at 13:23.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

The ONLY person you need to prove anything to is yourself. You should always look in the mirror first.

However, we all have to get along in society and sometimes it takes an accomplishment to show others what your potential is. You are not going to get hired, or attract potential customers unless you have accomplished "something". That could be a university degree, or a big business deal... or even a fine piece of art work. It all depends on what your goals are.

M26, I totally get what you're trying to say.

If you look at 'Are you a DIY guy' thread, I just posted a picture of my hydroponic farm. From a tiny seed, it's become a nearly fully grown vegie that I can eat for dinner! The vegie I grew is worth about 40-50 Baht in money, but the pride I got from being able to grow my own food can't be put in any monetary value.

--

As for K. Phaisan's point, I get it too. Having too many choice is indeed a nightmare. Or having everything handed down is a sure way to kill one's ambition. It is worth noting that Buddha himself was given everything, but he was probably the history's most miserable man. And perhaps that's why he was able obtain enlightenment.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

M26, I totally get what you're trying to say.

If you look at 'Are you a DIY guy' thread, I just posted a picture of my hydroponic farm. From a tiny seed, it's become a nearly fully grown vegie that I can eat for dinner! The vegie I grew is worth about 40-50 Baht in money, but the pride I got from being able to grow my own food can't be put in any monetary value.

--

As for K. Phaisan's point, I get it too. Having too many choice is indeed a nightmare. Or having everything handed down is a sure way to kill one's ambition. It is worth noting that Buddha himself was given everything, but he was probably the history's most miserable man. And perhaps that's why he was able obtain enlightenment.
    That's why I say "easy" path because I know a lot of times working for family isn't easy at all

I was just saying someone like yourself who didn't really have to think about his path maybe didn't pick up the skills to be out there doing it on your own now
    I understand that could be challenging

Although I'd say the fact you got a 100k job pretty quick means you have a skill set to market

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I wonder if having a wealthy, successful wife helps or hinders?
    Does she support you in difficult times?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    It's a bit of both, I guess.

She supports me 100% in difficult times, yes. But she keeps me barely alive... hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    It helps if you are an artist by nature.

You HAVE heard of the "starving artist" haven't you? 555 There is a lot of truth to that statement.
    GGrass likes this.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast