Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: SEA beach with nightlife

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

SEA beach with nightlife

I am coming over for NYE

I'd be happy just heading down to Samui after NYE in BKK but Ao wants to go somewhere else (Maldives)

But what other beaches in any of the countries offer halfway decent nightlife in a nice beach area?

Doesn't have to be super wild.

I'd also take suggestions for Thailand also.

To be honest....I just want to go back to Samui 555
    But I do see her point

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    A bit off-topic, but something that might apply when you visit Australia.

Has anyone here been to the French colony of New Caladonia? Probably not worth heading over just for the beaches, unless there's more to see. I'd heard of the name before, but ashamedly I didn't even know where it was until I run into a pack packer from there a few days ago.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    We will be in Cebu that time of year, late dec to around the last week of Jan.

Night life is good, local food is crap but have lots of good western and Asian resultants, traffic is worse than Bangkok on a good day, Beaches are ordinary compared to LOS, shit loads of poverty, but something different.

I plan to go to Bohol this trip, I watch the sun come up over Bohol every morning when in Cebu its only a short boat trip from our place but never been. I think Nels has been before. Welcome to Bohol, Philippines
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 17th August 2017 at 16:10.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Has anyone here been to the French colony of New Caladonia? Probably not worth heading over just for the beaches, unless there's more to see. I'd heard of the name before, but ashamedly I didn't even know where it was until I run into a pack packer from there a few days ago.
    it's a shithole 55 i wouldn't bother going back.

Vanuatu might be a better option. stay at a resort there.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Ive been there 4 times on cruises, The Capital Noumea is ordinary but the Islands off there are really nice . in particular is 'the isle of pines' really nice place with the cleanest blue water you will find . Not much on the islands but worth a look.
    Noumea suffers from the French influence . Prices are like Australia if not a bit more expensive.
    Agree with Moo about Vanuatu , been there 3 times and love it .
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am coming over for NYE

I'd be happy just heading down to Samui after NYE in BKK but Ao wants to go somewhere else (Maldives)

But what other beaches in any of the countries offer halfway decent nightlife in a nice beach area?

Doesn't have to be super wild.

I'd also take suggestions for Thailand also.

To be honest....I just want to go back to Samui 555
    But I do see her point
    Can it be in Europe?

Corfu? Ibiza? Majorca...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Tahiti, Gilli islands - Indonesia ... whatever floats your boat.

Vanautu was pretty hard hit by cyclones, still a bit war-torn I believe. Hamilton Island/Daydream in Whitsundays better IMO.

Guam perhaps?
    Last edited by kaptainrob; 17th August 2017 at 19:46.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Tahiti, Gilli islands - Indonesia ... whatever floats your boat.

Vanautu was pretty hard hit by cyclones, still a bit war-torn I believe. Hamilton Island/Daydream in Whitsundays better IMO.

Guam perhaps?
    I think you went off the map KR 5555

I was looking for SEA
    I only have 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Can it be in Europe?

Corfu? Ibiza? Majorca...
    A long way from Bangkok 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    there is really not a lot to do in the maldives...apart from diving and relaxing..no night life at all paulie.would not even think of taking a thai woman there...it wont end well

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    there is really not a lot to do in the maldives...apart from diving and relaxing..no night life at all paulie.would not even think of taking a thai woman there...it wont end well
    Actually I was doing some Youtubing last night on it and besides nice resorts, it did not look pleasant at all

And that is what I told Ao before I started researching................that I'd only go if it was more than just laying in a resort
    I like to explore and it did not look friendly or pleasant at all in the videos I watched

Thanks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Actually I was doing some Youtubing last night on it and besides nice resorts, it did not look pleasant at all

And that is what I told Ao before I started researching................that I'd only go if it was more than just laying in a resort
    I like to explore and it did not look friendly or pleasant at all in the videos I watched

Thanks
    Tell Ao to go and check it out first. If it's any good, then send a (supersonic) speed boat to pick you up. She owes you one. 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Tell Ao to go and check it out first. If it's any good, then send a (supersonic) speed boat to pick you up. She owes you one. 555
    I just told her the Muslims would kill her because she is a Thai girl
    We may be popping down to Phuket now 5555

PS......It really is hard to find a lot of different beach areas with decent nightlife

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    I just told her the Muslims would kill her because she is a Thai girl
    We may be popping down to Phuket now 5555

PS......It really is hard to find a lot of different beach areas with decent nightlife
    Not hard at all! But maybe you are a bit picky? 555

Fly to Trat and go White Sand Beach on Koh Chang, Or Samet, Rayong, Laem Sing(Chantaburi)..
    You can fly to Lankawi..

But yes, many of these are more backpacker vibe places, though they all have up-market resorts..

And still so many beaches I haven't been to that I couldn't recoment..

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Not hard at all! But maybe you are a bit picky? 555

Fly to Trat and go White Sand Beach on Koh Chang, Or Samet, Rayong, Laem Sing(Chantaburi)..
    You can fly to Lankawi..

But yes, many of these are more backpacker vibe places, though they all have up-market resorts..

And still so many beaches I haven't been to that I couldn't recoment..
    Langkwai looks great but the flight time is a bit too much for the time I have, but something I will think about next time
    Thanks for that

This is just a real quick trip, 10/11 days total with 2/3 of those in Hong Kong

I was actually thinking of Rayong and go down that way
    I've never been past Pattaya on that end and we could take Ao's car but don't know if I want to drive this holiday

We were thinking Koh Lipe also, but I think I just want to do a quick flight somewhere........so limits where we can go

A long way from Bangkok 5555
    Worth it though... 55

Have you ever been to any islands in the Med?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Worth it though... 55

Have you ever been to any islands in the Med?
    Just Capri but that's not the Mediterranean and I loved it, I bet I'd love it more if I was with my wife rather than 2 other numbskulls 555

They are on my list but it's a long fcuking list 5555

I thought I just found the perfect trip

Danang Beach and Hoi An and could fly directly to Hong Kong after but it's too cold there in January it seems

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

Thanks
    its extreamly pleasent there 55555555..i went to this resort which by there standards is very average

btw what were you expecting there..its quiet funny that the guy who took the vid complains about the waves being to noisy 5555555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    its extreamly pleasent there 55555555..i went to this resort which by there standards is very average

btw what were you expecting there..its quiet funny that the guy who took the vid complains about the waves being to noisy 5555555

Although I like beach resorts I like to explore also, get on a MB and see the island/town
    I'm not one to just lay around a resort all day.......although I love my pool time
    And from the videos I watched............it just didn't look that pleasant to do so there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast