Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By PGC
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By bacwaan

Thread: The best and worst of Patong

PGC

The best and worst of Patong

It's my last day in Patong and apart from the rain I have been wondering what the best bits and worst bits have been.

I suspect my best bit is he return of the Blond short haired pole Dancer in Tiger. The one with the bottom that has a mind of its own. Good to see she appears to have given up any pretence of pole dancing but just shakes that ass to within an inch of its life.

The Thai Governmant should recognise it as a National treasure and slap a preservation order on it. Trust me I'd be in the queue to do the slapping.

The worst has to be that they have pulled down Chaing Rai seafood, my Fav Restaurant. Had some great meals there. Why the urge for new all he time. New is not always better. One of the oldest bars is Tums bar on Soi Seadragon. Has never changed or modernised and is all the better for it.
    Quarky, PeteGill, Changone and 5 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Ah...Tums. Yeah swung in there a few times but was seeing a BG in a bar out the front of it for a while. Use to get the guilt trip from the girls in Tums for listening to the music"flee"...so had to buy them and myself a drink there from time to time.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post

I suspect my best bit is he return of the Blond short haired pole Dancer in Tiger. The one with the bottom that has a mind of its own. Good to see she appears to have given up any pretence of pole dancing but just shakes that ass to within an inch of its life.

The Thai Governmant should recognise it as a National treasure and slap a preservation order on it. Trust me I'd be in the queue to do the slapping.
    I hear that....she's got a killer body made for "I see you baby....shakin' that ass...".

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    My wife and I were pretty happy to be back in Patong, if only for a day, after such a long time away.

Best.....I like the area down by Soi Patong and Loma Park.

Worst....It can be so overdeveloped in places and traffic can be draining on you

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Half rings a bell. Coyote?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    TBH the last 4-5 times I have been back over to Phuket I haven't bothered to even have a night out in Patong...I just can't be bothered with the hassell of it all...

The Tiger Bars dominate these days and they are all such a rip off..the girls in there are way too pushy for me and the music is so loud in there you can barely have a conversation...maybe if I was a 23 year old Aussie on his first trip overseas...but it's just not for me anymore

I'm happy enough catching up with friends in Kamala, spending my days down at Surin Beach having a snorkel around the rocks and eating lunch...plus taking the odd scootpootle around the island..
    Ian Forbes likes this.

If I had to pick a positive it would be some of the better restaurants, Banzaan Market for food shopping and the cinemas...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    TBH the last 4-5 times I have been back over to Phuket I haven't bothered to even have a night out in Patong...I just can't be bothered with the hassell of it all...

The Tiger Bars dominate these days and they are all such a rip off..the girls in there are way too pushy for me and the music is so loud in there you can barely have a conversation...maybe if I was a 23 year old Aussie on his first trip overseas...but it's just not for me anymore

I'm happy enough catching up with friends in Kamala, spending my days down at Surin Beach having a snorkel around the rocks and eating lunch...plus taking the odd scootpootle around the island..
    age has caught up with us Baccy....555555....who would have thought 5 years ago that we would prefer kamala to Bangla 555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar

That boxing ring bar complex at Lamai ain't short of a decibel or 3?
    Very hard to have a conversation at places like those. Rarely venture into places like that these days
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Very hard to have a conversation at places like those. Rarely venture into places like that these days
    nor do I, haven't had a drink in there myself since songkran day and before that it was the songkran before 555...but fortunately that stands alone and there are several other areas here (Lamai) where the music is not making your ears bleed, the girls don't push for drinks the minute you sit down and you can have a chat with mates while you check out the talent....the Billabong sois. Dog Shit Alley, the bars behind McDonalds...that seems to have vanished on Bangla nowdays...if I lived in patong now I guess I would be up on Nanai, down the Dolphin Bar area or in Otop to do most of my drinking..as Meese says, that territory comes with age

TBH I'd be lucky (or unlucky as the case may be) to hit the girlie bars once a month these days...certainly got enough contacts not to have to leave the house unless I want...I only really end up in the girlie bars after a night out with mates in normal bars/pubs, usually watching sports and chatting or in a beachside bar...when they head home i occasionally slide off to Dog Shit Alley and grab a live one...or if friends are in town and want to have a night in them...I really don't mush enjoy them anymore..unless I am shitfaced and horny....555
    Quarky and Zablive like this.

Yeah, Jim and I left the Billabong bars the last time it was so noisy
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 29th August 2017 at 23:43.

...I really don't mush enjoy them anymore..unless I am shitfaced and horny....555
    I honestly can't deal with them anymore.......even if single
    It is just such a bore to me these days

I'd still be into FL's at the disco though........but that was always my MO anyways

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    My wife and I were pretty happy to be back in Patong, if only for a day, after such a long time away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

I honestly can't deal with them anymore.......even if single
    It is just such a bore to me these days

I'd still be into FL's at the disco though........but that was always my MO anyways
    So are you and the Mrs reconciled now?
    Tell me to f*** off of it's none of my business..

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    So are you and the Mrs reconciled now?
    Tell me to f*** off of it's none of my business..
    I will tell ya to fcuk off C1, but not for asking me about something I've talked about, just for other matters 5555

We are trying to work things out, still getting along great
    She was supposed to be in Vancouver tomorrow but her WP expired, and now she has to go for an interview at embassy tomorrow, so I doubt she'd make her flight, so maybe Thursday or Friday
    My sister is coming to town so she wanted to also see her

But she will only be here 2-3 weeks, and then I will be in Thailand for NYE

It's a work in progress, but I'd say we are sort of separated?
    I am not actively looking for company but I wouldn't not take up an offer..........which I think is fair

But at this point, even if we decided we are 100% back together, she would still live in BKK for her son to finish high school and start university(unless he comes here for that, which I hope he does)
    And her business is going well

I have a deal in place at work that I can be in Thailand for 2 weeks every 2 months but I've been busy with new clients so haven't been able to execute that yet
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 30th August 2017 at 01:16.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Other than the Down Under pub, I seldom go to bars anymore for that very reason. I hate having to stick my face within inches of the other person just to hear what they've said. At least at the Down Under pub in Chiang Mai you can actually hold a conversation.

Mix
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    It's my last day in Patong and apart from the rain I have been wondering what the best bits and worst bits have been.

The worst has to be that they have pulled down Chaing Rai seafood, my Fav Restaurant. Had some great meals there. Why the urge for new all he time. New is not always better. One of the oldest bars is Tums bar on Soi Seadragon. Has never changed or modernised and is all the better for it.
    jealous <3.
    reformed, simply as