Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wabbits

Thread: The Lucky Country still

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Last edited by Changone; 30th April 2013 at 23:09.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I don't like paying huge prices for fuel like the next bloke, and yes our pump price would be over $2.00 per litre if our dollar wasn't as strong as it is...
    Another side of me thinks that it is a private company that owns the fuel, just with government taxes tacked on top... If it was my company I would like to be getting the best price possible and using any excuse to inflate the price...

I suppose the only solution for the consumer is to buy shares in the oil companies, that way you will celebrate any price hikes!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^Things dont seem quite rightdo they

There are many economic factors that make up an economy, our so called robustness fueled by the mining slash mineral boom....
    Yet that...our wealth is being squandered by a fiscally bankrupt government that is taking us in a direction that will not lead to anywhere but ruin!!
    We have a government that is overspending and then using more tax as a stop gap...seems to be a spiral in the wrong direction.

There are many countries in Africa that have major mineral wealth..most of that money head off there shore, how different here!!
    Time for some not so latteral thinking.
    1. Roll back tax give people an incentive to work
    2. Roll back welfare to a very minimum
    3. Roll back regulation and red tape for small business
    I am sure if it is easier to start and run a small business with less tax and less red tape they may even become profitable..heaven forbid.
    Just thoughts

What is the current price of petrol in Australia? I have a diesel car, and currently diesel is 1.40 per litre here (about AUS$2.15). It cost me 80 to fill up the other day... or about $123. I could see Osama smiling from inside my petrol tank though...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    When or dollar went down petrol went up, they said it was the exchange rate.

1st Aust. does produce enough oil to cover our needs, but the Govt. hedges the prices to the Singapore price, Why? they say if not we will use too much and therefore run out and have to buy it from overseas. WTF!! we are paying overseas prices already!!

So instead of paying 70c a litre, for Aust produced oil and petrol, we pay $ 1.47 and inflation is up to bugergy!! so the reserve bank puts up interest rates!!!

Here is my 2c worth.

Bring in a totaly new arrangement. Develop a new system, you get credits for every dollar you pay in tax.

These credits ar usable/reclaimable in pensions, unemployment benifits etc. So if you haven't worked and paid tax you have nothing, this includes new imigrants, legal or not.

Lets say it is 5% so for every $100 tax you pay you have a $5 credit. This is going towards your retirement. But hey you have a 18yr old son that gets the 17yr old girl pregnant. He's not working, so the system start taking your credits to give unmarried mother support.
    You son is eating away at your retirement. Well 1/2 from you and 1/2 from her parents.

If this was the case do you think both parents might have keept the kids a bit more under control?, maybe said to them, you going to do it use contriception, or I will kick your ass!!

If boat people knew that when they got here they had nothing, till they pay tax, after working, for any type of support, and at 5% it will take many many years before their getting any support. Would they still come??? probably not, at least not as many.

Those that did come, got nothing till they worked and paid tax's got credits, I would welcome, they are what our ideals are about.

These credits, would be willed on to our children, grandchildren. So I work and pay tax's for 50 yrs. I pay $30,000 a year in tax, so I have $1,500 by 50 equals $75,000 in credits. I had been out of work for 3 months on benifits of $2,000 a month so loose $6,000 in credits. balance $69,000, my stupid son got a girl pregnant, and I loose $1500 a month for 2 years till he starts suporting her.

I just lost $36,000 of my pension. 1/2!!! do you think I might have a bit more concern about where my kid is? and what he is doing??
    If he is screwing around??

Lets go another road. My parents die, and leave in their will their credits, to me. They have amassed $400,000 in credits, my daughter is doing well in high school, so want's to go to University, I gift her the credit's from my parent's, the govt. limit is $250 a week, she gets that, and it is taken out of my credits.

The whole thing here is, if you work in a cash, black market, you are just hurting yourself as you get no credit, and no pension.

It works on a system that is based on, If you don't put in, you don't get to take out.

Sounds like good old Social Credit proposals ... excellent though they were, the models never gained popularity as deemed too radical.

I'm all for NO FREE TRADE or at least a return to import controls - look at all the rubbish $2 shop disposable crap Chinese and Taiwanese goods which come in here. We can barely afford a LAMB roast in NZ or Australia nowadays.... some silly bugger culled all the stock a few years ago and created a shortage in Aus. NZ exports all they can to Europe - Greeks may buy beautiful export-quality NZ lamb for HALF the NZ butcher-shop price. Grrrrr, don't get me started on globalisation.... Oops, too late.

As for WELFARE, well that's why Aussies pay so much tax... what is it, 1/3rd of all tax revenue goes into welfare? Madness. I know one Mother/daughter living in a million dollar home with a half million dollar mortgage (low doc's BS loan) whilst living off sickness and other benefits. A local 'skipper' I know who lives off a 'sickness' Services-type pension, has a friendly Dr who signs off his 'disability' as and when required over a drink.

I think I prefer Thai politics and corruption
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Sounds like good old Social Credit proposals ... excellent though they were, the models never gained popularity as deemed too radical.

I'm all for NO FREE TRADE or at least a return to import controls - look at all the rubbish $2 shop disposable crap Chinese and Taiwanese goods which come in here. We can barely afford a LAMB roast in NZ or Australia nowadays.... some silly bugger culled all the stock a few years ago and created a shortage in Aus. NZ exports all they can to Europe - Greeks may buy beautiful export-quality NZ lamb for HALF the NZ butcher-shop price. Grrrrr, don't get me started on globalisation.... Oops, too late.

As for WELFARE, well that's why Aussies pay so much tax... what is it, 1/3rd of all tax revenue goes into welfare? Madness. I know one Mother/daughter living in a million dollar home with a half million dollar mortgage (low doc's BS loan) whilst living off sickness and other benefits. A local 'skipper' I know who lives off a 'sickness' Services-type pension, has a friendly Dr who signs off his 'disability' as and when required over a drink.

I think I prefer Thai politics and corruption
    Just think if we had no welfare what would it do??
    A few things and i think most very positive.
    In the west we have a break down of family as no one has to rely on anyone....a teen does not have to listen to a parent, he can run get some money from the government! The nanny state.
    Roll back all benifits and people might be more reliant on family just like in LOS or something like that.

We do this when our elders get to the pention age there should be a pot to look after them.

Prior if you can work...work if you cant your family looks after you...see how long you can last being a bludger then!!
    Changone likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I remember a few years back going to the zoo in Canberra, there was an elderly couple in the line in-front of us who produced a Pension card, the cashier apologized as they didn't except it.... My Mum then asked if they accept the seniors card which they did....
    The difference between the two is.. The Pension is a form of welfare to people 65 or above that have minimal assets and no income with very little savings...
    The Seniors card is given to anyone above 65 despite assets or savings, it is a card that you have to apply for and usually most applicants cant get the pension...