Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Do you have a local pub/bar?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'd own that bar if I didn't make a cent
    It is not long to this world, the whole plot of land is being developed. Another resort. Already the centuries old trees around there are being felled. One took out the toilets yesterday on it's way down, amateur hour as usual.

Last edited by Soupdragon; 27th September 2017 at 00:52.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Just wondering how many people have a local pub/bar that they are a regular at?
    Where you go in a few times a week and know all the other regulars?
    When I lived in Vancouver, used to do Yaletown Brew Pub every Sunday after playing footy with the gang for cheap beer and there pizza special. When I was in university and working in the bars it used to be the Blarney Stone on Thursdays in Gastown and always the Roxy on Granville on Sunday nights. Sunday's at the Roxy used to be where everyone that worked in the restaurant and bar industry would tie one off so it was always a good time. For watching sports it was always the Shark Club, especially on game days.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    When I lived in Vancouver, used to do Yaletown Brew Pub every Sunday after playing footy with the gang for cheap beer and there pizza special. When I was in university and working in the bars it used to be the Blarney Stone on Thursdays in Gastown and always the Roxy on Granville on Sunday nights. Sunday's at the Roxy used to be where everyone that worked in the restaurant and bar industry would tie one off so it was always a good time. For watching sports it was always the Shark Club, especially on game days.
    I despise the Roxy..............everyone in my office ends up there if we have a work party/function........I refuse to go

You should see Shark Club now.........it's incredible, TV's are huge
    It is about 150 yards from my apartment 5555

Yeah, the Roxy's always been a bit of a dive, which is why I'd only do Sunday nights when all the girls from the Cactus Clubs and Earl's would come out to play. Plus I had club courtesy, because I worked at the Shark Club (back in the early 2000s) so could just walk right in without getting put in their "VIP" line.

Yeah, I can imagine (the Shark Club's) been renovated up since I've been gone, it was the flagship bar before they did all the expansions to other cities. Gets celebs, rock stars and sport personalities in there all the time.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Yeah, the Roxy's always been a bit of a dive, which is why I'd only do Sunday nights when all the girls from the Cactus Clubs and Earl's would come out to play. Plus I had club courtesy, because I worked at the Shark Club (back in the early 2000s) so could just walk right in without getting put in their "VIP" line.

Yeah, I can imagine (the Shark Club's) been renovated up since I've been gone, it was the flagship bar before they did all the expansions to other cities. Gets celebs, rock stars and sport personalities in there all the time.
    Actually Shark Club is where I 1st went when I moved to Vancouver to watch NFL Sundays

Used to be hammered by 12:30pm 555

There is a Boston Pizza in front of BC Place, across the street from my place
    It has the biggest TV in Canada
    This picture doesn't even do it justice
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can imagine it would be a great place to catch a game, back in the day it would have taken 4-5 tvs to fill that space above the bar.

Another good place to hit was Chambar by Stadium Skytrain Station, for a drink and a feed. Sunday Brunches there were fantastic as well.

I can imagine it would be a great place to catch a game, back in the day it would have taken 4-5 tvs to fill that space above the bar.

Another good place to hit was Chambar by Stadium Skytrain Station, for a drink and a feed. Sunday Brunches there were fantastic as well.
    And that is actually redone also............moved into the space directly next to the stairs of the Skytrain............about 5x the size
    I actually am not a huge fan of the food.........but Ao and I sit at the bar sometimes for drinks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I don't go out enough to have a local these days, ten - twenty years ago , I used to go out most lunchtimes , evenings and weekends , used to know most of the bar staff by name and they would know me and my usual drink well ... hangovers/age crept in and it was no longer encouraged by work ... so I stopped .. some of my mates still do and I know where to find them on a Friday if I do fancy a few beers , but it's likely to be once a month now rather than six times a week
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I don't go out enough to have a local these days, ten - twenty years ago , I used to go out most lunchtimes , evenings and weekends , used to know most of the bar staff by name and they would know me and my usual drink well ... hangovers/age crept in and it was no longer encouraged by work ... so I stopped .. some of my mates still do and I know where to find them on a Friday if I do fancy a few beers , but it's likely to be once a month now rather than six times a week
    I've never had a lunch hour in my whole career

sometimes we wouldn't go back to work ....

I thought you only worked half days anyway ?
    Zablive likes this.

I thought you only worked half days anyway ?
    Haha...........that was my wife's line as she slept until 10am! 5555

I work 6am-1pm
    We eat lunch usually 10-11am
    A lot of people work east coast hours in Vancouver so places open for lunch early

I do lunches with clients when I am travelling for business

Do you have a local pub/bar?

Haha...........that was my wife's line as she slept until 10am! 5555

I work 6am-1pm
    We eat lunch usually 10-11am
    A lot of people work east coast hours in Vancouver so places open for lunch early

I do lunches with clients when I am travelling for business
    half day as I said , I work with a few women that do compressed hours , but they are normally young mums

you said and you never had a lunch hour , but eat lunch between 10-11 , sounds like a lunch hours to me , same as the clients lunches ....

I do 07:30 until 17:00 ish , but make sure I take an hour away from the desk , usually read my kindle and have a sandwich these days

half day as I said , I work with a few women that do compressed hours , but they are normally young mums

you said and you never had a lunch hour , but eat lunch between 10-11 , sounds like a lunch hours to me , same as the clients lunches ....

I do 07:30 until 17:00 ish , but make sure I take an hour away from the desk , usually read my kindle and have a sandwich these days
    We don't leave the desk for lunch
    Usually order together and someone goes picks it up

They used to cater our lunch for us, but it was crap and a waste of money
    I am happier going to get my own and paying for it myself

When I started on the exchange, no lunch hour.......but we had accounts with every place around the exchange and the firm paid
    That also helped because the Chinese deli wouldn't write what you bought........just the price, so a lot of beers bought for the boys if we were going to a game after work 555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ....it's likely to be once a month now rather than six times a week
    except when you are over here....then its back to 6 times a week....555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    except when you are over here....then its back to 6 times a week....555
    seven, I am on holiday after all 555

i usually end up with a few locals as well
    bacwaan likes this.

seven, I am on holiday after all 555

i usually end up with a few locals as well
    Dupree left Samui because he said he wanted to get away from my drinking

Oh.............and I think he wanted to get to Pattaya and bang soi6 hookers 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    At home it's the RSA for us. Pool is big amongst our group which now includes many nationalities.

When we go home to Ban ya Nang the uncles place is a gathering point for many of the locals after working on the land. He has a big chiller and has a good stock of beer and local whiskies... His setup gets used for weddings and other functions as well. Never been robbed surprisingly.

The nephew's wedding

20161118_093200.jpg
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Does uncle's place have a tab or keno 555

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast