The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Las Vegas Machine gun experience

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    I'm talking about if an unknown entered my house - I don't usually carry an axe handle - or a gun around in public.
    55 sorry I misread.

Careful but. They'll throw you in jail for protecting yourself in your own home if you hurt em!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Careful but. They'll throw you in jail for protecting yourself in your own home if you hurt em!
    As Ian would say - only if they find the body...............
    Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    55 sorry I misread.

Yeah there's no "Stand your ground" law that protects you.
    Perhaps that's why we focus on home security rather than shooting anyone who crosses your verge!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    As Ian would say - only if they find the body...............
    Yah beat me to it. 555

I might be a little rusty because I haven't done it in a while, but it used to take me 17 minutes to cut up a body. Cleaning up afterwards takes the most time.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Knife nut amongst stranger's isn't a good look 55
    obes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Yeah there's no "Stand your ground" law that protects you.
    Perhaps that's why we focus on home security rather than shooting anyone who crosses your verge!
    I understand how that makes sense and is more practical.

But there's still this gnawing feeling of absolute helplessness when you hear stuff like that. Hell, even a cat will protect itself if you tried to corner it. They're basically saying you have less rights in your own home than that cat.

In reality I do agree with the more sensible approach, but in the theoretical moral sense, I side with the Forbes method. The hardest part is picking your favourite skinning knife.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    The problem today is the mad fcukers on Ice, they get a mindset and not much will stop them.

If somebody came into my home unannounced and uninvited, I'd use whatever persuasive method I needed to for their removal ! Hopefully an angry me would be enough 55
    Rivo and Tingtong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Yah beat me to it. 555

I might be a little rusty because I haven't done it in a while, but it used to take me 17 minutes to cut up a body. Cleaning up afterwards takes the most time.
    Bullshit Forbes.
    From someone who actually cut up several human bodies.

I've also jointed out many animal carcases, which is quick.
    But properly butchering those carcasses for flat-pack storage is a much longer process
    Last edited by Zablive; 12th October 2017 at 16:54.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Hatari and GGrass like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Bullshit Forbes.
    From someone who actually cut up several human bodies.

I've also jointed out many animal carcases, which is quick.
    But properly butchering those carcasses for flat-pack storage is a much longer process
    I agree that the butchering later into proper meat packages takes much longer. But, cutting the body into 7 sections can be done quite quickly. I've timed it several times with deer, sheep and caribou. A big moose or elk takes longer because of their size and weight. If you want the hide, then skinning an animal is an art in itself and it really helps if it is hung up. A lot depends on how far I have to transport the animal and from what kind of a location. Wild sheep or mountain goat are usually shot way up on the top of some mountain. A deer or moose might be right beside the road or close enough that you can drive to it.

All animals, including humans are pretty much the same: four limbs, the head and the body section cut into two halves. I've done it with a sharp pen knife, but much prefer to do it with the proper tools. Cutting bones requires a saw and I usually do that at home.

The legs are only held together by gristle and tendons. You only need to know where the joints are. For the main body, I count down 7 ribs and cut up towards the backbone, and then over the top and down the other side. Then just grab the body and twist it off. Same with the head.

Packing an animal out of the high country by yourself requires a good knowledge of butchering so you don't ruin all the meat. Sometimes I leave the meat on and other times I bone out the entire animal. Then I have to remember what chunk of meat came from where. With a nice size mule deer, or big whitetail, I can get 3 big boneless roasts off each back leg. With an island blacktail I only get 2 roasts off each rump. The front legs take a bit more work slicing the meat off the scapula. Then I roll that up into a roast. With elk or moose I'm more likely to leave the bone on and use my electric saw to cut it up once it has been cooled and hung. The rest goes into ground meat.
    GGrass likes this.

Also unlike you Ian, I don't think Baz would have been cutting up humans to hide... so was likely more precise in his incisions...
    GGrass likes this.
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Also unlike you Ian, I don't think Baz would have been cutting up humans to hide... so was likely more precise in his incisions...
    This is for Baz to confirm, but I wonder if there was ever an "oops". Not that the subject would have complained.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    This is for Baz to confirm, but I wonder if there was ever an "oops". Not that the subject would have complained.
    Even just thinking about it, makes me smell the formaldehyde...
    Minder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Even just thinking about it, makes me smell the formaldehyde...
    Remember those days, do you Rak. I hated that smell, but after a while you got used to it. One of our jobs in forestry was cleaning the outhouses that we had built in campsites. The women's crappers were far worse than the men. I think they didn't want to sit down, so they squatted over the toilet and crapped over the seat. Then they didn't have the decency to clean up their own mess. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

But, I've ALWAYS got my switch blade knife with me and use it all the time, every day. There are dozens of things I need a knife for that makes life easier. I can't list all the things I use it for... including cutting up a piece of tough meat in a Thai restaurant that only supplies a spoon and a fork. I kind of freaked out a few people in the Down Under pub one night when I used my knife to make potato chip bags more practical for sharing the chips. I think even Lew (Moo) commented on that. 55
    How do you think you think bar owners would feel if all their great friends customers pulled out knives and started playing with them? It's not going to help business, IMO.
    GGrass likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    55 sorry I misread.

We used to say "Tis better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"......
    Or I rather be at the Coroner's Court arguing about what I thought he was going to do than have him there talking about me....555
    In the end the question will come down to were your actions "reasonable" in the circumstances or was the force used "excessive"....
    Bacon and Tingtong like this.
    40 is the old age of youth;
    50 is the youth of old age.
    ~Victor Hugo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2xJAsr2vO8&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    How do you think you think bar owners would feel if all their great friends customers pulled out knives and started playing with them? It's not going to help business, IMO.
    Point well taken. I should have realized there are a LOT OF WHIMPY PARANOID people out there scared of their own shadow... and a 3 inch pocket knife. No wonder you don't get a knife to cut up your meat in a Thai restaurant. A spoon should be good enough.

I just didn't think that Aussies were among them. After all, Australians are USED to nasty creatures. They ignore saltwater crocodiles, box jellyfish and man eating sharks where they go swimming. They ignore the many venomous spiders in their homes as just a "nuisance". And, Australia is well known for having 6 of the 10 deadliest snakes slithering around in their back yards. The movie "Crocodile Dundee" was based on a lot of facts.

I won't even mention the crazy Aussies that tear around the outback on their motorbikes. 555
    GGrass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    We used to say "Tis better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"......
    Or I rather be at the Coroner's Court arguing about what I thought he was going to do than have him there talking about me....555
    In the end the question will come down to were your actions "reasonable" in the circumstances or was the force used "excessive"....
    That is a good point, Minder. That is why in Canada we still arrest the home owner if he uses excessive force in a home invasion. It is up to a jury to decide the degree of intent and reasons. You can chase a criminal out of your home with a gun, but you are not allowed to shoot him in the back when he is running away... as much as many of us would like to. Who is to say that the dead person (supposed home invader) was not somebody you had intended on killing in the first place... and just needed a good excuse.

Point well taken. I should have realized there are a LOT OF WHIMPY PARANOID people out there scared of their own shadow... and a 3 inch pocket knife. No wonder you don't get a knife to cut up your meat in a Thai restaurant. A spoon should be good enough.

I just didn't think that Aussies were among them. After all, Australians are USED to nasty creatures. They ignore saltwater crocodiles, box jellyfish and man eating sharks where they go swimming. They ignore the many venomous spiders in their homes as just a "nuisance". And, Australia is well known for having 6 of the 10 deadliest snakes slithering around in their back yards. The movie "Crocodile Dundee" was based on a lot of facts.

I won't even mention the crazy Aussies that tear around the outback on their motorbikes. 555
    Not just me Ian. First impression last a LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Not just me Ian. First impression last a LT.
    I've never been to a Thai restaurant in LOS who wont supply a table knife on request.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast