The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Travel research/schedule

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Travel research/schedule

So the guy who works for me has a Taiwanese gf.
    She is an avid traveller and a really nice girl.
    Ryan is a super nice kid but never travels

Well they are going to Taiwan/Vietnam/Hong Kong

He showed me a spreadsheet she made that basically has their schedule mapped out to the minute!
    I swear she even has "beach hopping" scheduled 5555

And the thing is....Ryan is such a nice kid he will just do whatever she says

I wouldn't get on the god damn plane if my wife gave me a spreadsheet like that 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I did a spreadsheet for my travels in 2015 , flights , hotels , tours , costs etc

i wanted to fit in as much as possible and I know if I didn’t have a plan then I wouldn’t have done half of what I did , it also helps ensure you don’t forget things

Even on a small trip I like to have things mapped out

I have done trips off the cuff when I was younger and only a flight in / out of the country booked , they were fun , but I prefer things more organised these days

Now......i actually think a big part of the holiday, for me, is planning it.
    I love to do as much research as possible before I go but I never really make a schedule

I'm lucky that I have a good memory so I sort of know things I want to see and what area they are in but never make a point to set out to an attraction.

If it's something I read about and seems interesting and I come across it then I will go to it

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I did a spreadsheet for my travels in 2015 , flights , hotels , tours , costs etc

i wanted to fit in as much as possible and I know if I didn’t have a plan then I wouldn’t have done half of what I did , it also helps ensure you don’t forget things

I have done trips off the cuff when I was younger and only a flight in / out of the country booked , they were fun , but I prefer things more organised these days
    Dupree had his spreadsheet going for expenses when we went to Hawaii

I had paid for all the accommodation before we got there so he paid for all the meals/drinks and had his little spreadsheet going for us to even up

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Only did that when I traveled to Thailand with my kids ( then 16, 8 and 6), and more for their mom's than for myself..

It did help to equalize the activities with kids in different age groups, and for arranging the support to be able to do everything,

But in the end I didn't stick to the planned and just went with the flow.. 555

As I said.....i do tons of research and like to have a full day out when on holiday

But I am not a schedule guy. I just keep a mental note of what I want to see/do
    Then I will do some Google searches in the morning when I wake up

I don't really like that many big tourist attractions
    I'm more into just the local areas

So I never have many sites planned on.
    More like walking around cool areas and such

But if a big historical event took place that interests me.....I will make sure I go see it and where it took place or a museum on it

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Only did that when I traveled to Thailand with my kids ( then 16, 8 and 6), and more for their mom's than for myself..

It did help to equalize the activities with kids in different age groups, and for arranging the support to be able to do everything,

But in the end I didn't stick to the planned and just went with the flow.. 555
    One thing that drives Ao crazy is I will say we are going to a different city in Thailand or a neighboring country but I usually don't know when I want to go.
    So we can be 2/3 days away from our supposed next destination but I haven't booked anything

She's Very organized and drives her mad 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Now......i actually think a big part of the holiday, for me, is planning it.
    I love to do as much research as possible before I go but I never really make a schedule

I'm lucky that I have a good memory so I sort of know things I want to see and what area they are in but never make a point to set out to an attraction.

If it's something I read about and seems interesting and I come across it then I will go to it
    you even love to plan holidays you don’t go on 555

when I went to places like Ayers Rock all my trips had been booked and paid for before I left home , no point going somewhere like that and then finding the tours you wanted were full
    Rockitt, Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.

you even love to plan holidays you don’t go on 555

when I went to places like Ayers Rock all my trips had been booked and paid for before I left home , no point going somewhere like that and then finding the tours you wanted were full
    I do!!!
    It's like I went to 4 different places in a year 5555

So the guy who works for me has a Taiwanese gf.
    She is an avid traveller and a really nice girl.
    Ryan is a super nice kid but never travels

Well they are going to Taiwan/Vietnam/Hong Kong

He showed me a spreadsheet she made that basically has their schedule mapped out to the minute!
    I swear she even has "beach hopping" scheduled 5555

And the thing is....Ryan is such a nice kid he will just do whatever she says

I wouldn't get on the god damn plane if my wife gave me a spreadsheet like that 5555
    I am wondering why you hired someone who doesn't like thinking for himself.. isn't that one of the biggest requirements in your line of work? ..55
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I am wondering why you hired someone who doesn't like thinking for himself.. isn't that one of the biggest requirements in your line of work? ..55
    No not at all

No not at all
    Really? What is the biggest requirement? I would have thought researching and making good decisions based on that research might be important? Or is that not the sort of work he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Really? What is the biggest requirement? I would have thought researching and making good decisions based on that research might be important? Or is that not the sort of work he does?
    No, ours is knowing the stocks we trade for our customers and knowing whose been buying and selling so hopefully we can match them together

I get 1million shares of ABC to buy, best thing I can do is find a seller of 1million
    But, if not, just know the stock well enough to buy it the best way I think
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Dupree had his spreadsheet going for expenses when we went to Hawaii

I had paid for all the accommodation before we got there so he paid for all the meals/drinks and had his little spreadsheet going for us to even up
    I just charged you 90% of all the bar bills to make it faster...
    Distantpeak likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Seems about right 5555

No, ours is knowing the stocks we trade for our customers and knowing whose been buying and selling so hopefully we can match them together

I get 1million shares of ABC to buy, best thing I can do is find a seller of 1million
    But, if not, just know the stock well enough to buy it the best way I think
    See... thinking is required... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    S
    Another OCD GF Dominating her poor Ryan ...........Run Forrest run..................55

Im a schedule guy, should see my diray its always full and changes as the day goes.

But for holidays I resurch and schedule a few things mainly the flights and a few nights accomadation. On holidays I tend to go with the flow and book as I go.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    sounds about right with the rate he drinks compared to you...555

I try to make a simple plan of things to do and see during my stay. But that plan goes out the window when I get to Pattaya.
    Distantpeak and PeteGill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    sounds about right with the rate he drinks compared to you...555
    Went to the doctors yesterday to get a bit stronger heartburn medicine than Zantax

He was a young doctor and when he asked me how much I drank when going out I lied and gave him a low estimate of 8-10 beers
    He acted like that was a lot.............fcuking nerd!! 555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast