The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Travel research/schedule

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462

    Travel research/schedule

    So the guy who works for me has a Taiwanese gf.
    She is an avid traveller and a really nice girl.
    Ryan is a super nice kid but never travels

    Well they are going to Taiwan/Vietnam/Hong Kong

    He showed me a spreadsheet she made that basically has their schedule mapped out to the minute!
    I swear she even has "beach hopping" scheduled 5555

    And the thing is....Ryan is such a nice kid he will just do whatever she says


    I wouldn't get on the god damn plane if my wife gave me a spreadsheet like that 5555

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,688
    I did a spreadsheet for my travels in 2015 , flights , hotels , tours , costs etc

    i wanted to fit in as much as possible and I know if I didn’t have a plan then I wouldn’t have done half of what I did , it also helps ensure you don’t forget things

    Even on a small trip I like to have things mapped out

    I have done trips off the cuff when I was younger and only a flight in / out of the country booked , they were fun , but I prefer things more organised these days

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Now......i actually think a big part of the holiday, for me, is planning it.
    I love to do as much research as possible before I go but I never really make a schedule

    I'm lucky that I have a good memory so I sort of know things I want to see and what area they are in but never make a point to set out to an attraction.

    If it's something I read about and seems interesting and I come across it then I will go to it

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I did a spreadsheet for my travels in 2015 , flights , hotels , tours , costs etc

    i wanted to fit in as much as possible and I know if I didn’t have a plan then I wouldn’t have done half of what I did , it also helps ensure you don’t forget things

    Even on a small trip I like to have things mapped out

    I have done trips off the cuff when I was younger and only a flight in / out of the country booked , they were fun , but I prefer things more organised these days
    Dupree had his spreadsheet going for expenses when we went to Hawaii

    I had paid for all the accommodation before we got there so he paid for all the meals/drinks and had his little spreadsheet going for us to even up

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,393
    Only did that when I traveled to Thailand with my kids ( then 16, 8 and 6), and more for their mom's than for myself..

    It did help to equalize the activities with kids in different age groups, and for arranging the support to be able to do everything,

    But in the end I didn't stick to the planned and just went with the flow.. 555

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I did a spreadsheet for my travels in 2015 , flights , hotels , tours , costs etc

    i wanted to fit in as much as possible and I know if I didn’t have a plan then I wouldn’t have done half of what I did , it also helps ensure you don’t forget things

    Even on a small trip I like to have things mapped out

    I have done trips off the cuff when I was younger and only a flight in / out of the country booked , they were fun , but I prefer things more organised these days
    As I said.....i do tons of research and like to have a full day out when on holiday

    But I am not a schedule guy. I just keep a mental note of what I want to see/do
    Then I will do some Google searches in the morning when I wake up

    I don't really like that many big tourist attractions
    I'm more into just the local areas

    So I never have many sites planned on.
    More like walking around cool areas and such

    But if a big historical event took place that interests me.....I will make sure I go see it and where it took place or a museum on it

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Only did that when I traveled to Thailand with my kids ( then 16, 8 and 6), and more for their mom's than for myself..

    It did help to equalize the activities with kids in different age groups, and for arranging the support to be able to do everything,

    But in the end I didn't stick to the planned and just went with the flow.. 555
    One thing that drives Ao crazy is I will say we are going to a different city in Thailand or a neighboring country but I usually don't know when I want to go.
    So we can be 2/3 days away from our supposed next destination but I haven't booked anything

    She's Very organized and drives her mad 555

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,688
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Now......i actually think a big part of the holiday, for me, is planning it.
    I love to do as much research as possible before I go but I never really make a schedule

    I'm lucky that I have a good memory so I sort of know things I want to see and what area they are in but never make a point to set out to an attraction.

    If it's something I read about and seems interesting and I come across it then I will go to it
    you even love to plan holidays you don’t go on 555

    when I went to places like Ayers Rock all my trips had been booked and paid for before I left home , no point going somewhere like that and then finding the tours you wanted were full
    Rockitt, Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    you even love to plan holidays you don’t go on 555

    when I went to places like Ayers Rock all my trips had been booked and paid for before I left home , no point going somewhere like that and then finding the tours you wanted were full
    I do!!!
    It's like I went to 4 different places in a year 5555

  10. #10
    Astrotraveller Distantpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    So the guy who works for me has a Taiwanese gf.
    She is an avid traveller and a really nice girl.
    Ryan is a super nice kid but never travels

    Well they are going to Taiwan/Vietnam/Hong Kong

    He showed me a spreadsheet she made that basically has their schedule mapped out to the minute!
    I swear she even has "beach hopping" scheduled 5555

    And the thing is....Ryan is such a nice kid he will just do whatever she says


    I wouldn't get on the god damn plane if my wife gave me a spreadsheet like that 5555
    I am wondering why you hired someone who doesn't like thinking for himself.. isn't that one of the biggest requirements in your line of work? ..55
    Singularity prediction... 2043...


  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I am wondering why you hired someone who doesn't like thinking for himself.. isn't that one of the biggest requirements in your line of work? ..55
    No not at all

  12. #12
    Astrotraveller Distantpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    No not at all
    Really? What is the biggest requirement? I would have thought researching and making good decisions based on that research might be important? Or is that not the sort of work he does?
    Singularity prediction... 2043...


  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Really? What is the biggest requirement? I would have thought researching and making good decisions based on that research might be important? Or is that not the sort of work he does?
    No, ours is knowing the stocks we trade for our customers and knowing whose been buying and selling so hopefully we can match them together

    I get 1million shares of ABC to buy, best thing I can do is find a seller of 1million
    But, if not, just know the stock well enough to buy it the best way I think
    Distantpeak likes this.

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    8,303
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Dupree had his spreadsheet going for expenses when we went to Hawaii

    I had paid for all the accommodation before we got there so he paid for all the meals/drinks and had his little spreadsheet going for us to even up
    I just charged you 90% of all the bar bills to make it faster...
    Distantpeak likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I just charged you 90% of all the bar bills to make it faster...
    Seems about right 5555

  16. #16
    Astrotraveller Distantpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    No, ours is knowing the stocks we trade for our customers and knowing whose been buying and selling so hopefully we can match them together

    I get 1million shares of ABC to buy, best thing I can do is find a seller of 1million
    But, if not, just know the stock well enough to buy it the best way I think
    See... thinking is required... 55
    Singularity prediction... 2043...


  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,427
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    S
    He showed me a spreadsheet she made that basically has their schedule mapped out to the minute!
    Another OCD GF Dominating her poor Ryan ...........Run Forrest run..................55

    Im a schedule guy, should see my diray its always full and changes as the day goes.

    But for holidays I resurch and schedule a few things mainly the flights and a few nights accomadation. On holidays I tend to go with the flow and book as I go.

  18. #18
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    6,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I just charged you 90% of all the bar bills to make it faster...
    sounds about right with the rate he drinks compared to you...555

  19. #19
    Platinum Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    662
    I try to make a simple plan of things to do and see during my stay. But that plan goes out the window when I get to Pattaya.
    Distantpeak and PeteGill like this.

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    sounds about right with the rate he drinks compared to you...555
    Went to the doctors yesterday to get a bit stronger heartburn medicine than Zantax

    He was a young doctor and when he asked me how much I drank when going out I lied and gave him a low estimate of 8-10 beers
    He acted like that was a lot.............fcuking nerd!! 555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •