Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Happy birthday my son!

Happy birthday my son!

For my son's birthday, I decided to bake some pizzas for him and his classmates, 16 kids in total, to be eaten at school during lunch.

Originally I planned to make 4 extra large pizzas which will give me 32 slices, just enough for 2 slices per kid. So last night I prepared a large amount of dough until 1.30 AM, and when I woke up this morning and checked the dough, there was only enough to make 3 weird shaped pizzas. I calculated that these will give me only 22 pieces, which is 10 short of needed amount.

So I called in the reinforcement, the Pizza Company 1112, and had them deliver 2 large pizzas to my house. So together with those, I now had 38 slices of pizzas, PLUS, as a side arm, I had 26 pieces of chicken wings which my maid fried, Burmese style.

I checked the time and I had exactly 90 minutes to bake 3 pizzas and prepare everything else and with divine help, I was able to finish just in time.

I loaded everything into my trusted stationwagon and drove to the school as carefully as I could, didn't want to spill everything on the way...

Upon my arrival at the school canteen, I was able to set the tables for 20 people rather quickly within 10 minutes, and before I could take a breather, a swarm of kids flooded the canteen and the rest is blurred...

After 30 minutes had passed, all the food and all the kids had disappeared. The entire 38 slices and 26 wings were gone. And I felt very pleased.

Now I am back home, and I am exhausted. I need a nap.

23722300_10155223188382169_6169855104504980944_n.jpg
    23722312_10155223188422169_8600620489646337256_n.jpg
    23722755_10155223188487169_8878529701359204224_n.jpg
    Last edited by GGrass; 21st November 2017 at 15:43.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    The girl in the last picture seems to be gagging. Hope she's ok...
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    The girl in the last picture seems to be gagging. Hope she's ok...
    Rest assured, she is fine. I didn't pick up any dead body during the clean up.
    Quarky likes this.

Banned
    Its hard to get a decent pizza in Thailand. But a good choice as all the kids would love to try it (if they haven't already).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Its hard to get a decent pizza in Thailand. But a good choice as all the kids would love to try it (if they haven't already).
    In a private school in Bangkok at thier age?

I can assure you those kids eat pizza probably once a week or at least once a month

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    In a private school in Bangkok at thier age?

I can assure you those kids eat pizza probably once a week or at least once a month
    I think you missed the "decent" bit. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I use to like the Pizza Co tropical loaded job. greasy as all fk but tasty.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I think you missed the "decent" bit. 555
    I thought you meant that the kids haven't tried pizza.....
    But understood

It's just amazing how much crap Thai kids like now

My young nieces and nephews much prefer a western junk food place for their "special" meals

And when my wife is heading back from Canada/US I can't believe these kids know some of the candies and chips they request

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Mmm after reading this I feel like having a pizza.

I’ve had plenty of good pizzas in Thailand. I’ve had good ones in places like pizza company and wine connection and I’ve had good ones in smaller places with a wood fire oven.

Ingredients may not be the freshest but honestly I’ve had as good a pizza there as I’ve had in England.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

I’ve had plenty of good pizzas in Thailand. I’ve had good ones in places like pizza company and wine connection and I’ve had good ones in smaller places with a wood fire oven.

Ingredients may not be the freshest but honestly I’ve had as good a pizza there as I’ve had in England.
    Plenty of good wood fire pizza in Thailand, for sure

Banned
    I thought you meant that the kids haven't tried pizza.....
    But understood

It's just amazing how much crap Thai kids like now

My young nieces and nephews much prefer a western junk food place for their "special" meals

And when my wife is heading back from Canada/US I can't believe these kids know some of the candies and chips they request
    Ask a younger Thai Teenage to early 20's where they want to eat (out of anywhere) 8/10 would say KFC, the other 2 The Pizza company. 555

Banned
    Plenty of good wood fire pizza in Thailand, for sure
    Yeah but Thai's don't know what decent pizza is 55 have you seen what Thai's think pizza, cooked in a convection oven.

Ask a younger Thai Teenage to early 20's where they want to eat (out of anywhere) 8/10 would say KFC, the other 2 The Pizza company. 555
    My young nephews specifically requested Cheese puffs
    I have no idea where they would have even seen those and Thailand and take a liking to them

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

That gobbledegook is a phone problem - not a Forum problem.
    I've seen this before on dumb smartass phones.

We get excellent wood-fired pizzas here in Patong - La Cappanini make all their own bases, smoked goods and cheeses.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I think most of the tourist towns have at least one or two good pizza places...usually some Italian fella who has fallen for Thailnad + a TG...we have 2 pretty goods ones here in Lamai alone..must be 20+ joints along Beach Rd selling Pizza

Whenever I offer my friend's Thai kids here a birthday/special treat they usually want MK or Maccas and a trip to the movies...I'd much prefer they asked for Pizza...even an ordinary one 555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I think most of the tourist towns have at least one or two good pizza places...usually some Italian fella who has fallen for Thailnad + a TG...we have 2 pretty goods ones here in Lamai alone..must be 20+ joints along Beach Rd selling Pizza

Whenever I offer my friend's Thai kids here a birthday/special treat they usually want MK or Maccas and a trip to the movies...I'd much prefer they asked for Pizza...even an ordinary one 555
    In Luang Prabang there is and Italian guy married to a Laos lady

They have a pizza joint in thier back yard around rice paddies called Secret Pizza
    It is only open 2-3 days a week
    And It is FABULOUS
    Best pizza in SEA hands down

And it's about 90% Laos people eating there

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Province.html

So he took the Italian guy marrying a local lass to another level and said fuck it.....I'll sling pizzas in my back yard 555
    kaptainrob likes this.

In Luang Prabang there is and Italian guy married to a Laos lady

They have a pizza joint in thier back yard around rice paddies called Secret Pizza
    It is only open 2-3 days a week
    And It is FABULOUS
    Best pizza in SEA hands down

And it's about 90% Laos people eating there

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Province.html

So he took the Italian guy marrying a local lass to another level and said fuck it.....I'll sling pizzas in my back yard 555
    I think we might go visit LP, for the pizza, of course. Jo and I usually seek out small unique eateries which offer a cuisine or dish we can't quite replicate easily at home. At times we'll find an up market joint, in NZ or maybe on Koh Samui ... and we'll return for the food! Ambience and a friendly welcome plus consistency is essential.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I think we might go visit LP, for the pizza, of course. Jo and I usually seek out small unique eateries which offer a cuisine or dish we can't quite replicate easily at home. At times we'll find an up market joint, in NZ or maybe on Koh Samui ... and we'll return for the food! Ambience and a friendly welcome plus consistency is essential.
    Beyond the food....if you never been to LP
    Go on your next trip!
    You guys will love it

The French bakeries are amazing
    Being able to just grab a chair on a patio with a beer on the main street while Ao goes to all the little market stalls
    The Alms one morning

I also have a Canadian girl,BC girl actually, that has done up a sort of long tail boat all nice.
    She takes you out on Mekong Sunset cruise with free wine and beer
    She's really cool and that's who we ended up going to Secret Pizza with and then out all night after.

I say to anyone I ask......
    To me LP was magical
    kaptainrob likes this.

Beyond the food....if you never been to LP
    Go on your next trip!
    You guys will love it

The French bakeries are amazing
    Being able to just grab a chair on a patio with a beer on the main street while Ao goes to all the little market stalls
    The Alms one morning

I also have a Canadian girl,BC girl actually, that has done up a sort of long tail boat all nice.
    She takes you out on Mekong Sunset cruise with free wine and beer
    She's really cool and that's who we ended up going to Secret Pizza with and then out all night after.

I say to anyone I ask......
    To me LP was magical
    Haven't been to LP yet, we're saving that for a round SEA trip with friends, next year hopefully. I'd like to explore a few new places we've not visited already such as Hoi An, also. A return to Koh Samui, Siam Reap and Hanoi/Halong Bay will be on that agenda.

And yes, I had noted your Mekong sunset cruise as a must do. I love the influence wrought on Indochina by French occupation, especially the bakeries!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Haven't been to LP yet, we're saving that for a round SEA trip with friends, next year hopefully. I'd like to explore a few new places we've not visited already such as Hoi An, also. A return to Koh Samui, Siam Reap and Hanoi/Halong Bay will be on that agenda.

And yes, I had noted your Mekong sunset cruise as a must do. I love the influence wrought on Indochina by French occupation, especially the bakeries!
    There was a cafe/restaurant on the main street
    I'd plop down there while Ao walked around
    Nothing fancy

And this bakery would set up a stand right outside
    Everything they had was incredible
    I'd get a couple do beers and a cake from them

When you do go let me know and I will put you in touch with the Canuck girl
    kaptainrob likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast