Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 3 Post By Quarky
  • 6 Post By Chob
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By crispy

Thread: Travel Insurance and Motor Bikes

Travel Insurance and Motor Bikes

For all the unfamiliar. If your on holiday in Thailand or anywhere else and riding a motor bike. Beware because even if you have insurance you may not be covered.

Canberra couple's holiday from hell after motorbike crash in Thailand

This guys bike license had lapsed so the insurance is no good.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Gofundme to the rescue!

Looks like a decent full face helmet would saved her a lot of pain.....not that anyone would go and buy one to use there.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Looks like a decent full face helmet would saved her a lot of pain.....not that anyone would go and buy one to use there.
    As long as it was fastened to her head !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Full face helmets can be damn hot.
    You dont see many wearing them here...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Every once in a while Aldi has Bike gear on sale and have good priced helmets . They are up to Aust Standards so would have to be Ok to buy for a take 'take to Los or Bali" helmet.
    Might buy one next time , those things they give you over there with a bike rental are A joke.
    Can you take them as carry on luggage on planes? I cant see why not...but have never noticed any one taking one OS .
    Last edited by Tingtong; 8th December 2017 at 12:56. Reason: spillen

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Every once in a while Aldi has Bike gear on sale and have good priced helmets . They are up to Aust Standards so would have to be Ok to buy for a take 'take to Los or Bali" helmet.
    Might buy one next time , those things they give you over there with a bike rental are A joke.
    Can you take them as carry on luggage on planes? I cant see why not...but have never noticed any one taking one OS .
    Yeah,you can take a helmet as carry on.
    Tingtong likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I had a wasp get inside my motorbike helmet... stung me... and my head swelled... took a while to get the helmet off... my head now resembles a helmet shape...
    1080, Tingtong and bubblegu like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    You could wear it on to the plane

May show a distinct lack of trust in the airline but ...
    Quarky, 1080, Nomad and 3 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    If I plan on riding a MB I take mine (open face) in my back pack as carry on, dosnt really take a lot of room if you jam in in the bottom of the bag and stuff cloths around it.
    Tingtong likes this.

Cadet Gold
    How many times are we going to see this ,not very long ago there was another australian who had no insurance because of not having a bike licence and that to was another go fund me page .I think it is high time someone did something about this you cannot expect people to keep bailing out these knuckelheads and yes i have a full unrestricted licence ,i was going to get an international driving permit but decided against it and after seeing the way they ride in bangkok i am glad i did ,even when i was at kamala they ride like maniacs overtaking on the wrong side on blind corners scooting up the inside next to the gutter no wonder it has such a high mortality rate .
    TLandHim likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    You could wear it on to the plane

May show a distinct lack of trust in the airline but ...
    I could ,but knowing my luck they might charge me excess 'Headage'. 55
    Last edited by Tingtong; 9th December 2017 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    no wonder it has such a high mortality rate .
    Yeah, now number 1 in the world (and likely to keep it for many years to come, sadly).

Many Thai have no comprehension of drink driving. I offerred to drive home the guy who dropped off a load of din dum (soil) one night after he went to the neighbours and got into the whisky. I copped flak from my missus and told that it was none of my business. The guy took no offence but just moved his truck out of my yard and parked on the street and went back to drinking. The next morning I was his first customer for the day and Noi told me that she saw him at the whiskey shop while she went to the market. A huge problem that needs addressing at so many levels and why I think that the present ranking will remain for along time.