Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Happy New Year One and All

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Happy New Year One and All

2017 is about to end in less than 4 hours for me on the east coast of Aus

I have to say it's being a great year all up, so much has happened, most of it good, have experienced a year of getting even closer to my kids as they grow older, being close to their travels through messenger was amazing, and it has continued since they have come back .. business has being good, and really looking forward to 2018 and all that it brings.

I think the biggest thing for me is learning to breathe, look around for a moment and just take in how good life is . . live in the now is a great skill to learn when you are sometimes deep in the stress and troubles of general life ...

Anyway that's my last little philosophical rant for 17

Hope everyone's year has being a good one and all the best to everyone for 2018 !!

Happy New Year Thai Dreamers !!!!
    justcruzing1, Rivo, 1080 and 4 others like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Right back at you, Sydney, and to the rest of the gang here. It's been interesting following the ventures of your son.

My year was one of highs and lows, but with a few more lows than highs. I didn't get near the number of things done that I hoped, or any of the trips I had planned on. The B.C. weather played a LARGE part in that. It was a year of highs and lows... too much snow and rain to start the year, and then went straight into drought with lots of forest fires in the interior that canceled my travel plans.

A high was getting my drone and getting some photos and video from a perspective I had always wanted. Then came the low when I broke my foot in early August which canceled all further travel plans. Fortunately, it did not happen just before my pre-booked trip to Thailand in early November.

Another low was having my lady friend in Phan regress and go into a deep depression that she still hasn't come out of. And, there does not seem to be any way of helping her.

But, for an old fart of 78 I'm still getting around and enjoying life. That is far more than I can say for many others my age. I have a steady lady friend and I don't lack for much. My kids and grandkids in Canada are all well and in good spirits. That is all a parent can ask for.
    Sydney, justcruzing1, Rivo and 3 others like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Nice one Ian ... amazing 78 and still flying to Thailand, riding motorbikes, hiking mountains and flying drones .. 5555

Look forward to when you are 90 and beyond, and still posting on TD ... that will be amazing in itself !
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Wouldn't that be nice, Sydney, but if I get in another 5 years doing stuff I enjoy then I will be happy. Father died at 87, but only because mother moved him out of their home and into an expensive "old folks" home that he hated. He just stopped eating and dried up, and died a year later.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Well I love that you, Syd. and Ian are doing well, and still here, and all the other TD's

This year, about to end, has been good overall for me.

A lot of frustration and disappointment, but maybe I set the bar too high ???

I am continuing to realize that Motality is coming, and sooner than I want. I thought it would take longer to get old (to steal from Ian's post )

Anyhow on to the New Year and with passion, I intend to filter the people I deal with this year, not try to help everyone, just work with those that want the help.

I also intend the same with my friends and contacts. I am not going to waste time this year..

Tonight the Sydney fireworks was great and the lead up on ABC with the live entertainment at the Opera House was good.

The support band was incredible. How Assume is Jimmy Barnes???

I do wonder a bit about the amount of money we now spend on New Years Eve, between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane it is in the $100mill and it could go to Hospitals, Schools etc and what about the pollution??? When you look all over the would ???

Happy New Year to everyone, stay safe and happy!!
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 31st December 2017 at 23:18.
    Sydney, Moo Uaon, obes and 3 others like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Just watching the fireworks go off in Patong on a live stream ... HNY all !!
    Sydney and bacwaan like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Just watching the fireworks go off in Patong on a live stream ... HNY all !!
    Me too. Joey Santini? 555 Isn't tech great.

Happy new year all!
    Stillearly likes this.

We had a great party at the Down Under roof top pub and watched the sky filled with lanterns, and a huge display of fireworks at midnight. I was even invited to share a meal with ladies whom I buy my dried fruit and cashew nuts from. All in all a pretty good evening. Later today I go to the UN Irish pub sports café to watch the NFL replay of the games.

I hope 2018 is better than 2017 which was a bit of a bummer for me.
    supersub likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I'm still sick as a dog with the flu...was just getting down to a nice sleep pattern here at home when the Booms from the fireworks shook the windows at midnight...woke me up and now I just can't get back to sleep...Happy Fucking New Year....555
    Quarky, Rockitt, chelski and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I'm still sick as a dog with the flu...was just getting down to a nice sleep pattern here at home when the Booms from the fireworks shook the windows at midnight...woke me up and now I just can't get back to sleep...Happy Fucking New Year....555
    Better luck in a few days, Baccy. I'm on the tail end of it after a month under the weather a bit.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Try "Best medicine Bar"! 555

Happy new year!
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Happy new year all.

Life really strated to fall back into line for me in 2017, Febuary started to build a new house me and my family and we are a few days away from moving in.

I started work again after 3.5 years off, I am really enjoying being back at work and loving my job. Its only partime but when we return from Cebu late Jan I will be full time ish but with flexable hours.

2018 has a lot installed for us, will do a few trips overseas, back to work and settaling in to our new home, but the big one is we are hoping the kids visa will be approved and they will come to Australia to live. Im looking forwad to 2018 Christmas with the young ones around again.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 1st January 2018 at 07:23.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Is it 2018 already ?.....555.....................Non event for young Rivo last-night, tucked up in bed by 10pm 555..........................I did managed a morning motorbike ride yesterday, great cruise up the beaches from Freo to Scarborough

Happy New Year Everyone
    Quarky and Sydney like this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Well,new years has reached these parts as well...

Happy new year Y'all! May all your dreams come through ( except Obes's and Ting Tong's, for humanity's sake)..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Well,new years has reached these parts as well...

Happy new year Y'all! May all your dreams come through ( except Obes's and Ting Tong's, for humanity's sake)..
    Couldnt help your self 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Happy New Year to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I do wonder a bit about the amount of money we now spend on New Years Eve, between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane it is in the $100mill and it could go to Hospitals, Schools etc and what about the pollution??? When you look all over the would ???
    I think it brings a lot of attention and tourism to likes of Sydney as we get the new year first and put on a giant fireworks display for the rest of the world to see on TV in their prime time which makes them want to come and be part of it. so it helps tourism for our country.
    my shop at darling harbor had it's biggest day ever on NYE 1999. they near cleaned the joint out but i also got to speak to many people each year from all parts of the world who came there just to see the famous NYE fireworks as well as enjoy all that Sydney and other parts of Oz have to offer.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 1st January 2018 at 12:38.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Start of the fireworks last night - Happy New Year all.................

Sydney likes this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Great pic obes.....did you take it ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Great pic obes.....did you take it ?
    Nah mate - I was tucked up early, a bit like yourself. Local kid posted it on Facebook.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Nah mate - I was tucked up early, a bit like yourself.

I think some of us are showing our age..........I was in bed just before 10
    obes likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast