Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY

Thread: Need some help with a Cambodia trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Need some help with a Cambodia trip

Got some good friends that want to do Cambodia in June. I have been to Siam Reap and feel its only a 2 or 3 days trip but personally I havenít been to any other part of Cambodia. So what else could they do? They are looking at around 7 or 8 days in total.

They will be flying to Siam Reap after 10 days in Chiang mai & Chiang Rai with us. They are a couple and like cheap and are a bit adventures. Peter has no idea when it comes to booking holidays and normally just leave it to me.

Any ideas?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Is that Pete and Partner who came to Samui with you Ash?...I am sure they will have fun in SR...temples by day and some great restaurants/bars to visit at night....depends on how much into the temples they are but 2 trips out is good for me with a rest day in between to wander about the town and explore/spend some time by the pool

Pnohm Penh is a great little city and worth exploring for a few days..The Palace, National Museum, Wat Pnohm, Killing Fields and S-21 Museum are all interesting sites...plus there is the Riverside and the restaurants and bars along it..that area is quite cosmopolitan these days...good 3 Star hotels to be had from about $50 a night

Sihanoukville is another good tourist destination...a nice laid back seaside place down on the south coast..but June is wet season down there and it can blow hard with driving rain off the back of storms and hurricanes out in the Gulf from May-Nov

Kep is a nice little town to explore for a couple of days...has an interesting colonial history...but it is also down south and subject to the same weather conditions as Snooky

BTW....the Tonle Sap Lake boat tour near SR is well worth taking...great to see how the fisher folks live in stilt houses out in the middle of it...
    Last edited by bacwaan; 1st February 2018 at 23:09.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Is that Pete and Partner who came to Samui with you Ash?...I am sure they will have fun in SR...temples by day and some great restaurants/bars to visit at night....depends on how much into the temples they are but 2 trips out is good for me with a rest day in between to wander about the town and explore/spend some time by the pool

Pnohm Penh is a great little city and worth exploring for a few days..The Palace, National Museum, Wat Pnohm, Killing Fields and S-21 Museum are all interesting sites...plus there is the Riverside and the restaurants and bars along it..that area is quite cosmopolitan these days...good 3 Star hotels to be had from about $50 a night

Sihanoukville is another good tourist destination...a nice laid back seaside place down on the south coast..but June is wet season down there and it can blow hard with driving rain off the back of storms and hurricanes out in the Gulf from May-Nov

Kep is a nice little town to explore for a couple of days...has an interesting colonial history...but it is also down south and subject to the same weather conditions as Snooky

BTW....the Tonle Sap Lake boat tour near SR is well worth taking...great to see how the fisher folks live in stilt houses out in the middle of it...
    Thanks, Nels, yes Peter and Sheryl they loved the LOS trip last year so tacking them on a Chiang mai to Mai Sai scoot ride this year over about 10 days. We havent told Dave the LB lover we are going.......55

I think with what you said above 3 nights in SR and the rest in Pnohm Penh will do it. They only got 8 days max.

When we did SR a few years back 2 days of temples was more than enough.
    bacwaan likes this.