Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Really cold or really hot?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Really cold or really hot?

I am pretty sure I know what most will answer

Which one do you dislike more?

Really cold or really hot weather?

I prefer really cold weather over really hot weather because you can dress warm to combat the cold but if it's really hot and you are still hot in shorts and a t-shirt there is not much more you can do clothes wise

I also like the clothes better in the winter and fall months

But ....I think the best change of weather in the year is when winter ends and spring starts and you can start dressing in lighter clothing and be outside more

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am pretty sure I know what most will answer

Which one do you dislike more?

Really cold or really hot weather?
    I think this guy has the answer just about right.

Really hot is uncomfortable and horrible... really cold (below zero) is nicer than 0 to 10 degrees...

So really cold every time for me... who doesn't like snow?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Really hot is uncomfortable and horrible... really cold (below zero) is nicer than 0 to 10 degrees...

So really cold every time for me... who doesn't like snow?
    I prefer 0 to below zero instead of 6-7 C

Much more crisp and fresh

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I prefer 0 to below zero instead of 6-7 C

Much more crisp and fresh
    When it is one or two degrees its usually horribly cold and damp here... zero is borderline freezing... can easy slip to one or two degrees... so to remove all risk and to make it feel drier.. I like it below zero... you lose that dampness then...

Cadet Gold
    I like my climate same as my ladies and my curries.

The hotter, the better.
    PeteGill likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Used to quite enjoy the winter months (Cold here is about 4-7C) But not so much any more. So hot for me now.
    Rivo likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Distantpeak;360185]Really hot is uncomfortable and horrible... really cold (below zero) is nicer than 0 to 10 degrees...

So really cold every time for me... who doesn't like snow?[/QUOTE]

hate it , especially the crap stuff we get in the UK , snow / slush / ice

hot for me every time

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    I am a lizard in a human body. HOT everytime.
    BunnyGee likes this.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Cadet Gold
    [QUOTE=Stillearly;360262]

So really cold every time for me... who doesn't like snow?[/QUOTE]

hot for me every time
    Spent some time in Iceland during their winter (dark all day) and the snow was pretty crap there, too.

Met Jarvis Cocker and his family. He had business interests there including a restaurant, which was where we met him (wife wasn't ow't to write home about, surprisingly. Nowhere near as tasty as mine - which pleased me, I must confess).

Alcohol off-licence sales are outlawed but everyone is still constantly pissed and they have the worst track record for successful murder convictions in the world, we were informed (so you know where to take her on holiday when it all gets too much, lads. Plenty of opportunities for her to "slip" off the edge of a volcanic precipice). Additionally, I can requisition a bar and fund a birthday party complete with a spit-roast pig in Thailand for around the same price as a cheese toastie and a coffee, in Iceland.

It NEVER gets fkn light for half a year at a time!!!

Apparently they are currently conducting studies into trying to figure out why they have such a high suicide rate.

[QUOTE=BunnyGee;360266]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post

It NEVER gets fkn light for half a year at a time!!!

Apparently they are currently conducting studies into trying to figure out why they have such a high suicide rate.
    At peak summer sunset is close to 10pm and sunrise around 4:30am

You do start getting a bit tired of it being light out all the time also

Not even close to as bad as it would feel if dark most of the time

But I will say when it starts getting a bit darker late September/early October I welcome it
    But I definitely enjoy the extended sun for most of the summer

Time to get back into relax on the sofa mode

I can't get settled in the house until the sun is down

Cadet Gold
    [QUOTE=MarcTwoSix;360268]
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGee View Post

At peak summer sunset is close to 10pm and sunrise around 4:30am

You do start getting a bit tired of it being light out all the time also

Not even close to as bad as it would feel if dark most of the time

But I will say when it starts getting a bit darker late September/early October I welcome it
    But I definitely enjoy the extended sun for most of the summer

Time to get back into relax on the sofa mode

I can't get settled in the house until the sun is down
    While I was there the sky sort of threatened to get light (turned from black to grey) around 11am and stayed thataway until around 1.30pm.

It was novel.

Beautiful women but, unfortunately for me, equally "beautiful" men to go with that (unlike Greece where the men are all like Adonis but the women look like they have only just crawled out from under a rock in the primeval slime, for some unknown reason).

No wonder all our lasses are constantly getting their arses pinched, when they go on holiday over there and little wonder there is so much homosexuallity within the Greek community. It must be confusing to find that the Father of the Bride is more sexually alluring even to the Groom, probably, than either his daughter or the Maid of Honour. LOL
    Last edited by BunnyGee; 23rd March 2018 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    who doesn't like snow?

hot for me every time
    That's because unless we get the beast from the east... it's usually snow around 0 to 2 degrees... so wet snow... proper dry snow is nice... but need it well below zero for that.... like it was a couple of weeks ago.. didn't rise above minus 2 here during the day... and was lovely... snow was crisp... could drive, walk and run on it.. without slipping...

Conversely I do like how it stays light till gone 11.00pm in June....

Cadet Gold
    That's because unless we get the beast from the east... it's usually snow around 0 to 2 degrees... so wet snow... proper dry snow is nice... but need it well below zero for that.... like it was a couple of weeks ago.. didn't rise above minus 2 here during the day... and was lovely... snow was crisp... could drive, walk and run on it.. without slipping...

Conversely I do like how it stays light till gone 11.00pm in June....
    I remember what a night it REALLY was in 1963.........

Winter63.JPG

Didn't matter overmuch, cuz next to nobody actually owned a ruddy car in them days, but it did last for TEN weeks.
    Quarky likes this.

I remember what a night it REALLY was in 1963.........

Winter63.JPG

Didn't matter overmuch, cuz next to nobody actually owned a ruddy car in them days, but it did last for TEN weeks.
    Go on/... well me about 1947... the really bad one... when that kid would have been walking on snow above the roof tops..

Though Quebec City January 2003... minus 35.... . and huge snow drifts was too cold for me... lovely city though...

Cadet Gold
    Go on/... well me about 1947... the really bad one... when that kid would have been walking on snow above the roof tops..

Though Quebec City January 2003... minus 35.... . and huge snow drifts was too cold for me... lovely city though...
    Afore my time, old 'un.

Afore my time, old 'un.
    My dad told me about it... and 1962/63.... so I am thinking you are almost my pa's age?

Cadet Gold
    My dad told me about it... and 1962/63.... so I am thinking you are almost my pa's age?

It's hazy but I do remember it (who wouldn't)? I do know that the dead weren't buried for ten weeks cuz the ground was too frozen solid (luckily, there was plenty of refrigeration around).
    Quarky likes this.

It's hazy but I do remember it (who wouldn't)? I do know that the dead weren't buried for ten weeks cuz the ground was too frozen solid (luckily, there was plenty of refrigeration around).
    Not quite my pa's age then... 55

We had a bad winter in North Yorkshire from Jan to April 2013... I remember 10 foot snow drifts... and snow on the ground constantly for about 3 months... was running a lot then too and had to run on the roads as the pavements were full of snow... not seen anything like it in 28 years of living here...
    BunnyGee likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I've said this a thousand times on this board...Samui's weather is just about as perfect for me as it gets...anywhere in the world...and one of my main criteria for this is that I want to live somewhere I can swim comfortably in the sea all year round...water temp always above say 20c and weather outside above the same...

we get a wet season here with temps around min20 and max24-28....this goes for about 3-4 months and then it starts to warm up....its in that process right now but still only like 24-30....by Songkran it will be 28-36 and will stay that way until May when we get another slight wet for a couple of months and the temp drops...after that the wet dries up but the temps stay similar to that until the end of the year....with the odd run of hotter days here and there

I am never too hot here provided I am in the shade, out on the bike or in the water...there is pretty much always a sea breeze being a relatively small island...so the heat is relieved somewhat by that...I wouldn't want to a road worker here but the way I live my life the weather is perfect for me

of course the house has aircon but I use it fairly sparingly...I try to keep air circulating around the house as much as possible with windoes doors open and a largish pedestal fan running...I haven't really had aircon on this so far this year, it has been a cool "winter" at about 23-24c Max, if it even got to that, for the last 3-4 months, but soon I will be turning it on in the afternoons for an hour or two to cool the house down...and then again in the bedroom for a bit before turning in...its very rare that I use aircon overnight...its usually only at a TGs request that I open it to sleep...55

NZ is too cold for me for too long...I couldn't swim there..even in the north of the north island over summer..if I swam in Welly it was with a wet suit on and pretty much limited to harvesting crays and Paua (Maori black abalone)...

Sydney was OK in the summer mostly but it does get too hot sometimes...those really hot days (that Tingtong described in another thread) in summer when the westerly wind (off the desert) predominates can be like hell at 42+c on some days..it saps your energy and all you can think about/hope for is a southerly buster to blow in off the cooler south coast/Tasman Sea...but summer is still my favourite season in as I just loe to swim...spring is nice there too as you get soe lovely warm days that still have a bit of chill in the air and at night...and autumn can be the same but its not so enjoyable then as you know "winter is coming"..555

I get arthritis in my knee and ankle in cold weather...both from damage done playing football as a kid/teenager...so I don't miss that in the least...worst I ever get here is a twinge...somedays back in NZ I couldn't walk and was in agony...I also don't miss the regular flu and illness that cold winters bring

so give me the warm all year round...I love it
    Zablive, Hatari and BunnyGee like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast