Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Back in Canada March 30. Looking forward to a better year... STARTING NOW!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Back in Canada March 30. Looking forward to a better year... STARTING NOW!

I got home from Thailand late Friday night, and my son picked me up at the airport. I stayed over night at his place and he drove me home Saturday 31st. I discovered that SHAW cable account did not hook me up on the 28th like they were supposed to. That meant I had no phone, no internet and no TV. My Telus cell phone account ended on the 30th... so I was incommunicado for the long weekend. Nobody open until Tuesday (today)

That was okay because I was busy dealing with a MAJOR rat problem in my downstairs/basement area. I think two or three families were living there. So far I've killed 10 of them and there are probably a few more. I had 20 pounds of bird seed in many plastic jars. But, that's No problem for rats; they just chewed through the plastic and scattered bird seed all over the entire area, along with and including all their droppings and pee. What a frigging stinky mess to clean up!

I'm hopefully looking forward to a better year than the last one. Last year was pretty much a disaster by my standards, starting with a winter that went straight into a dry summer... and bypassed Spring altogether. The rivers were too high and cold right through the prime fishing season on the Cowichan (April & May) and then went straight into a hot, dry summer and rivers were too warm for fishing. Summer fishing was slow and the last three Pink salmon seasons on the north Island were a complete bust. Okay I thought, I still have my trip to the Rocky Mountains to look forward to and a Cariboo trip for lake fishing... but hold on... WORST FIRE SEASON IN RECENT HISTORY and huge areas of the province were closed. Even many the major highways were closed. Then came August 2 when I tipped my motorbike onto my right foot and mashed all the toes. That was pretty much the final straw and ended further travel. I got 2 days fishing with my friend Eric Stanley in October and that was it, but we didn't exactly slay them.

I got to Thailand November 4th, on a gimpy foot, and I wasn't able to climb mountains like I usually do, but things were okay.... except for my lady friend, Pui! Her brain cancer started up again and she no longer would leave her mother's home. I rode up to see her in Phan every couple of weeks... about a 3 to 4 hour trip. I saw Pui for the last time on March 2, and she would not even open her mouth to eat, drink or take her pills. She had turned into a bone rack with skin like sand paper. Her eyes focused on nothing. Only for one brief minute when I played music on my phone did Pui's eyes focus and looked and me and her mother, and then she went back to a distant stare. Pui's mother and I were hugging and crying together knowing the end was coming soon. 10 days later, Pui's mother phoned me to say that Pui had died. I still get weepy thinking about it. In my entire life I've never met a more loving and giving person than Pui. She always thought of others before herself, and even when she cut off connections with other people near the end it was her way of making it easier on others. I understood, but I'm not sure her daughter or mother did.

So, I need some good fishing this year to cheer me up.
    Quarky, justcruzing1, Rivo and 6 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Happy fishing Ian...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Now you have the internet back on Ian its time to get posting some photos, we know you have plenty 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Have a great year, Ian.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I will try and get out to Victoria this summer and hang out one weekend

I don't know if that will cheer ya Up! 5555

And I'd brace for another bad fire season

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I like/love your resilience Ian

I hope they are biting for you this year and you avoid accidents.

If we think and believe, in Ying and Yang, then this year should be a smasher!!!
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I will try and get out to Victoria this summer and hang out one weekend

That's a shame Ian is away that weekend 555
    Quarky, OzzyDamo, Moo Uaon and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I wouldnt blame him!

You met me when I was subdued from to accident....so just imagine 5555

You're always good for a laugh, Gavin. Hope to see you next winter.
    Rivo likes this.

If I'm around and not fishing somewhere, I would love to meet up. I can always have ONE beer. One great thing about riding a motorbike is I never have to worry about traffic or finding a place to park.

I can always find something good in everything. At least Pui's long spell of suffering is over and her mother no longer needs to look after an invalid. Nobody wants to be a burden on anyone; least of all Pui.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I got home from Thailand late Friday night, and my son picked me up at the airport. I stayed over night at his place and he drove me home Saturday 31st. I discovered that SHAW cable account did not hook me up on the 28th like they were supposed to. That meant I had no phone, no internet and no TV. My Telus cell phone account ended on the 30th... so I was incommunicado for the long weekend. Nobody open until Tuesday (today)

That was okay because I was busy dealing with a MAJOR rat problem in my downstairs/basement area. I think two or three families were living there. So far I've killed 10 of them and there are probably a few more. I had 20 pounds of bird seed in many plastic jars. But, that's No problem for rats; they just chewed through the plastic and scattered bird seed all over the entire area, along with and including all their droppings and pee. What a frigging stinky mess to clean up!

I'm hopefully looking forward to a better year than the last one. Last year was pretty much a disaster by my standards, starting with a winter that went straight into a dry summer... and bypassed Spring altogether. The rivers were too high and cold right through the prime fishing season on the Cowichan (April & May) and then went straight into a hot, dry summer and rivers were too warm for fishing. Summer fishing was slow and the last three Pink salmon seasons on the north Island were a complete bust. Okay I thought, I still have my trip to the Rocky Mountains to look forward to and a Cariboo trip for lake fishing... but hold on... WORST FIRE SEASON IN RECENT HISTORY and huge areas of the province were closed. Even many the major highways were closed. Then came August 2 when I tipped my motorbike onto my right foot and mashed all the toes. That was pretty much the final straw and ended further travel. I got 2 days fishing with my friend Eric Stanley in October and that was it, but we didn't exactly slay them.

I got to Thailand November 4th, on a gimpy foot, and I wasn't able to climb mountains like I usually do, but things were okay.... except for my lady friend, Pui! Her brain cancer started up again and she no longer would leave her mother's home. I rode up to see her in Phan every couple of weeks... about a 3 to 4 hour trip. I saw Pui for the last time on March 2, and she would not even open her mouth to eat, drink or take her pills. She had turned into a bone rack with skin like sand paper. Her eyes focused on nothing. Only for one brief minute when I played music on my phone did Pui's eyes focus and looked and me and her mother, and then she went back to a distant stare. Pui's mother and I were hugging and crying together knowing the end was coming soon. 10 days later, Pui's mother phoned me to say that Pui had died. I still get weepy thinking about it. In my entire life I've never met a more loving and giving person than Pui. She always thought of others before herself, and even when she cut off connections with other people near the end it was her way of making it easier on others. I understood, but I'm not sure her daughter or mother did.

So, I need some good fishing this year to cheer me up.
    Tight lines Mate.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Hard thing loosing a friend when they are too young to die, makes you feel real empty. Only doing something will take your mind off it and even then you start to think about them , depressing stuff, no good to dwell on it as it only makes you feel worse. I hope the fish provide some distraction Ian, tying flys is a good therapy. Dump the bird seed before your next trip back to LOS rats are vermin supreme.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Ian I’m sure things will change and it will be a great year, positive things happen to positive people and I haven’t met many people more positive about life than you.

We are planning another Whistler trip in August ish 2019 so would love to come over to the island and get you to show me fishing because that one thing I suck at.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    We are planning another Whistler trip in August ish 2019 so would love to come over to the island and get you to show me fishing because that one thing I suck at.

That's a shame as Ian is busy that weekend as well 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    That's a shame as Ian is busy that weekend as well 555
    he's obviously a very busy man Gav...555
    Rivo and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    he's obviously a very busy man Gav...555

He's gone fishing 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Ian I’m sure things will change and it will be a great year, positive things happen to positive people and I haven’t met many people more positive about life than you.

I have a trick for that..

Go to the fish-shop and when they have your order all wrapped up, ask them to throw it at you instead of just handing it..

So you can truthfully say you have caught the fish yourself! 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I think that in the interim Ian has replaced fish with rats 5555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Good catching up with you this year. The bad one is over and things will once again be good. Have a great fishing season; I relate to how shit ones really frustrate you. The good sessions keep you going back, the bad ones add resolve.
    Good luck Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    Good catching up with you this year. The bad one is over and things will once again be good. Have a great fishing season; I relate to how shit ones really frustrate you. The good sessions keep you going back, the bad ones add resolve.
    Good luck Ian.
    Same back to you, Dave. It was only in the last two weeks of March that my foot started to feel a little better and I could get around easier. But, by that time I was packing up all my stuff for storage before leaving. I hope to ride out and see your place next season. Right now I'm having fun fooling and catching rats. 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast