Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Philippines to close Boracay resort to tourists for six months

Philippines to close Boracay resort to tourists for six months

The Philippines has announced its best-known holiday island Boracay will be closed to tourists for six months over concerns that the once idyllic white-sand resort has become a "cesspool" tainted by dumped sewage.

Possible knee-jerk scaremongering from a heavily biased rag when the damage [to tourism] is already serious enough.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

Possible knee-jerk scaremongering from a heavily biased rag when the damage [to tourism] is already serious enough.
    I have a good friend who visits Boracay on a yearly basis for about 3 to 4 months during the Canadian winter. He is a commercial fisherman and it suits his life style perfectly. He said there is big, fancy new resort being built by some wealthy person who does not want competition by all the mom and pop, low end resorts that most tourists frequent. Kevin thinks there has been some big money change hands to allow the new resort builder to have access to the island, and the "excuse" is protection and clean up of the environment. Knowing how Asian politics works, I would not doubt Keven's idea.