Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Motorised Wheel chairs or mini golf carts Gophers

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Motorised Wheel chairs or mini golf carts Gophers

Not really sure of the general international name but here called Gophers..Anyway in Mandurah like no where else I have been they seem to clutter the foot paths.
    Is this a thing oversea?
    I understand if your really old but I swear I see people in there 50s zooming around on them..One guy we see has a massive stereo in his...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    There's a young guy near me who looks legitimately in need of one , who has a 3 wheel chopper style one . Heaps of Chrome , radio etc . Its gets along to , he flies along the walking track here .
    But ive seen quite a few more middle age people who appear to not need one .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Saw three parked outside Macdonalds the other day ... 555
    wabbits, Quarky and Cuzzy like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    The really old grannies are lethal in them, sometimes they travel in packs...... 3 of them taking the whole width of the footpath ... i swear they are hunting me down if they are approaching from behind

Not sure what there top speed is, but i am sure its faster then a normal walking speed, and if it is, get of the fucking footpath and join the bicycles on the road you old geezers ..55555
    Last edited by Sydney; 9th April 2018 at 19:13.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Having said that however,

when i get to the point of needing one, i am going to have spikes coming out of the wheels, so i can mow those disrespectful young generation kids of today DOWN, MOW EM DOWN i say !! ... yeah might even have the odd taser gun setup on the handlebars .... any bloody young whipper snapper give me any cheek, i will fire off my taser, then drag him down the footpath behind my supped up wheelchair ..heheheheh......... bloddy young whipper snappers, all the same they are ..... rrrr

see how dangerous these grannies are ... thinking they can go anywhere

But on a lighter note .... here George taking them on ...5555

What you got there, the 4 Volt

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Yeah everyone has got em these days, surprised how quick you can get down the shops to buy the beer, here's a pic of mine...........................

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    see how dangerous these grannies are ... thinking they can go anywhere

Watched that 3 times most I have laughed all day.5555

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Yeah everyone has got em these days, surprised how quick you can get down the shops to buy the beer, here's a pic of mine...........................

I think you need a bigger fuel tank Gav.
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I think you need a bigger fuel tank Gav.
    basket won't hold enough beer either ...
    wabbits likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    They're very popular with drunks who have lost their licence to get to the pub.
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I see people in there 50s zooming around on them..One guy we see has a massive stereo in his...
    If you carnt beat them join them, Im getting one like Gav but with a flat head ford V8

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    In the old days (circa late 1980's) in Victoria once the motorized wheelchair or gopher went over 8 kph on a road it legally became a motor vehicle and was supposed to be registered and have all the other motor car fruit like lights, seat belts and indicators.

The modern ones do at least two or three times that speed easy.

I'd be interested to know the actual specs - distance, speed and acceleration - on the modern ones as look what lithium batteries have done improving things like power tools.

I can see these small electric vehicles becoming even more common in future years - take it to do the shopping instead of a car - today they still have the invalid person stigma attached to them but that is changing.
    Sydney likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    In the old days (circa late 1980's) in Victoria once the motorized wheelchair or gopher went over 8 kph on a road it legally became a motor vehicle and was supposed to be registered and have all the other motor car fruit like lights, seat belts and indicators.

I'd be interested to know the actual specs - distance, speed and acceleration - on the modern ones as look what lithium batteries have done improving things like power tools.

I can see these small electric vehicles becoming even more common in future years - take it to do the shopping instead of a car - today they still have the invalid person stigma attached to them but that is changing.
    Most developments in the US in hot areas, most people have gold carts to get around instead of getting into their cars
    We had one in our development in Costa Rica and my sister has one at her place in Florida

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    ^^^ The same could be said for 'electric' bikes. They are staring to come down in price and have further distance available. I am not talking motorbikes either.
    There are a whole bunch of questions around them given the speeds that they can reach. Should they be allowed on cycle lanes and off road trails? Given that they can be so much faster than the pedal powered bikes.
    Licencing and safety requirement's going forward?

I am quite interested in how they develop as I can see myself getting one as an alternative method of transport in a few years time.

They go well in snow...

wabbits likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    My former wife now lives in St Kilda Melbourne..she has an e-bike like the one pictured below..says she doesn't want to own a car ever again...happy with this locally and trams in and out of the city....its pretty flat down there...

I never would have imagined that...she loved her Mercs, BMW + Cooper S sports cars..but I guess I am the same now...much happier on the scoot...and if there was an e-bike/scoot strong enough to get up the mountains here I'd be happy to change over to one of those too

wabbits and PeteGill like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    My former wife now lives in St Kilda Melbourne..she has an e-bike like the one pictured below..says she doesn't want to own a car ever again...happy with this locally and trams in and out of the city....its pretty flat down there...

I never would have imagined that...she loved her Mercs, BMW + Cooper S sports cars..but I guess I am the same now...much happier on the scoot...and if there was an e-bike/scoot strong enough to get up the mountains here I'd be happy to change over to one of those too

I haven't owned a car in about 17 years!
    I didn't set out to not buy another car after selling my BMW.............I just never really needed one because I always live downtown

I want a kick-around truck for Quincy and may buy one this summer.........but not really looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

I think overall governments and regulatory bodies are struggling to keep up with the pace of technology, motorised toys etc. ... between powered skateboards and crypto currencies and everything in between they have a real problem on there hands .... I guess till enough people get hurt it’s not huge issue, some of the problem through is for the user as nothing is clear, I am still not sure if I can ride a boasted board down the footpath to the local shops ... 5555
    wabbits likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast