Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Transition to a western schooling system

Nothing like rats in the basement to motivate you.. 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Nothing like rats in the basement to motivate you.. 55
    Not just the basement.... the entire house.

After they had eaten all the bird seed I had stored in plastic jars, they started to eat the soap in my bathroom, the back off some of my extensive library of books, many of the feathers I have for fly tying, and almost the entire mounted pheasant I have. There was rat shit everywhere.

There was one or two living in the wood pile next to my wood stove.

I was loading the stove one evening and a rat came right up to my feet... as if to ask when I was going to fill the bird seed jars. I just stomped the bugger and finished him off with an axe.

They became very clever at licking the bait off my many traps without springing the trap. The adult rats totally avoided those sticky traps and I only caught some of the babies. I killed over 15 at last count before they moved outside for the winter. The rat poison you can buy is ignored.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Kids are settling in well to school in Aust, actually a lot better than I expected. They have got the hang of not talking rice to school each day too…55

Pretty proud of my daughter right now, she was always the shy sit in a corner read a book type and I was a bit worried about her making friends. She has really come out her shell since going to school in Aust. She wrote this speech below and the kids voted her in as house captain. The speech came with no help from her mother or me as we didn’t even know she was doing this. All of a sudden she has moved into the “in group”

Her speech

Hi I’m xxx and I’m running for house captain. Most of you probably know me, But for the people that don’t, let me introduce to all of you that don’t know me yet. I come from an island in the Philippines where I lived with my Grandparents who were very supportive of me and my brother while my mom was here to work. It has been a very interesting journey to start my life here in Australia with my parents. I have met a lot of lovely people who became my friends. School has been kind of challenging here but great, the greatest challenge for me when I first came here is making friends because I’m a bit shy and. I thought running for house captain will build up my confidence and help me to get to know other people that I normally don’t talk to.

To be a good house captain I must live by the 5 core values and be a good example to others.

These are the 5 core values that I live by:

Respect
    First and foremost, respect should start from home, I have been brought up to have respect for my parents, the elderly and the people around me. For me respect is very important because it builds trust, safety and wellbeing. It is one of the most basic foundations for a good relationship with others. We should respect our teachers and schoolmates by being nice to them and accepting them for who they are.
    Honesty
    Honesty is the best policy. It creates trust and relationships, but if the trust is broken it cannot be repaired, that’s why honesty is so important
    Responsibility
    A true leader is responsible for their team and takes responsibility for the crew to achieve their target.

Courage
    Courage is about taking risks even though if we fear the negative consequences.

Compassion
    A good leader is sensitive to the needs of others and sympathetic to the people around them.

That’s how I live by the 5 core values.

If I want to be a good house captain I should get involved with the activities in the school.
    I’m exploring what activities the school has to offer and, I recently joined the choir and its so much fun and I suggest you join too.
    If ever elected for house captain, I would like each and every one of you to know that I am very open to new ideas as to make our school a fun learning experience for all.

Last edited by OZZYGUY; 1st April 2019 at 14:33.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^ She gets my vote Ash 555.......certainly some thought gone into that letter
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I laugh at the rice to school thing that transition was a lengthy one in our house.5555
    But now its sausage roll and BBQ sauce.555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Bloody immigrants.. taking our language and using it better than we do.. 55
    justcruzing1 and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I laugh at the rice to school thing that transition was a lengthy one in our house.5555
    But now its sausage roll and BBQ sauce.555
    They still do take rice just not everyday. The young fella likes his jam sambos.

Oh and they like the Bunnings hot dogs, man they eat some crap with that and the spam for breakfast..
    wabbits likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Bloody immigrants.. taking our language and using it better than we do.. 55
    Yeah she helps me with my spelling.....55
    Quarky likes this.

Are your kids gaining any weight transitioning to a Western type diet? Or do they pretty much still eat the same as before? Then again you're pretty slim and fit.. so probably feed them healthily anyway...
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Are your kids gaining any weight transitioning to a Western type diet? Or do they pretty much still eat the same as before? Then again you're pretty slim and fit.. so probably feed them healthily anyway...
    Its the wife that is gaining the weight.....555

The boy was under weight so we have been trying to fatten him up along with some stuff the doc suggested, its like a baby formula what we mix with milk. So a bit hard to tell with him. And the girl is 11 and starting to get to that age of turning into a lady so also hard to tell with her too.

We do eat healthy but when ever I go away a few days for work they all resort back to eating shit. We eat Asian food most days so lots of veg. The diet hasn't really changed that much except the fresh fish they use to eat almost everyday being on the coast.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Geez Ash....that speech!!

How big is your chest ???

She's not mine and I was feeling my chest growing with each line I read.

Something to be VERY proud of Mate.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Kids are settling in well to school in Aust, actually a lot better than I expected. They have got the hang of not talking rice to school each day too…55

Pretty proud of my daughter right now, she was always the shy sit in a corner read a book type and I was a bit worried about her making friends. She has really come out her shell since going to school in Aust. She wrote this speech below and the kids voted her in as house captain. The speech came with no help from her mother or me as we didn’t even know she was doing this. All of a sudden she has moved into the “in group”

Her speech

Hi I’m xxx and I’m running for house captain. Most of you probably know me, But for the people that don’t, let me introduce to all of you that don’t know me yet. I come from an island in the Philippines where I lived with my Grandparents who were very supportive of me and my brother while my mom was here to work. It has been a very interesting journey to start my life here in Australia with my parents. I have met a lot of lovely people who became my friends. School has been kind of challenging here but great, the greatest challenge for me when I first came here is making friends because I’m a bit shy and. I thought running for house captain will build up my confidence and help me to get to know other people that I normally don’t talk to.

To be a good house captain I must live by the 5 core values and be a good example to others.

These are the 5 core values that I live by:

Respect
    First and foremost, respect should start from home, I have been brought up to have respect for my parents, the elderly and the people around me. For me respect is very important because it builds trust, safety and wellbeing. It is one of the most basic foundations for a good relationship with others. We should respect our teachers and schoolmates by being nice to them and accepting them for who they are.
    Honesty
    Honesty is the best policy. It creates trust and relationships, but if the trust is broken it cannot be repaired, that’s why honesty is so important
    Responsibility
    A true leader is responsible for their team and takes responsibility for the crew to achieve their target.

Courage
    Courage is about taking risks even though if we fear the negative consequences.

Compassion
    A good leader is sensitive to the needs of others and sympathetic to the people around them.

That’s how I live by the 5 core values.

If I want to be a good house captain I should get involved with the activities in the school.
    I’m exploring what activities the school has to offer and, I recently joined the choir and its so much fun and I suggest you join too.
    If ever elected for house captain, I would like each and every one of you to know that I am very open to new ideas as to make our school a fun learning experience for all.

Fess up Ash, who had to read that to you?? 5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Its the wife that is gaining the weight.....555

The boy was under weight so we have been trying to fatten him up along with some stuff the doc suggested, its like a baby formula what we mix with milk. So a bit hard to tell with him. And the girl is 11 and starting to get to that age of turning into a lady so also hard to tell with her too.

We do eat healthy but when ever I go away a few days for work they all resort back to eating shit. We eat Asian food most days so lots of veg. The diet hasn't really changed that much except the fresh fish they use to eat almost everyday being on the coast.
    I swear Ao is one of the only Asian girls that loses weight outside of Thailand then packs it on when she stays in Thailand!

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Geez Ash....that speech!!

How big is your chest ???

She's not mine and I was feeling my chest growing with each line I read.

Something to be VERY proud of Mate.
    Yeah proud as punch, guess thats why I posted it....55
    justcruzing1 and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Yeah proud as punch, guess thats why I posted it....55
    When you see positive progress with wife and family it is hard NOT to feel proud and happy. It is what the future holds for you and it's looking bright.

The families that I see in Canada that are well adjusted and close knit between parents and offspring, are the ones that stay happy. I know about 6 or 7 Canadian families that have done it right in the 20 years I've known them. Their kids and grandkids are all well adjusted with no visible problems.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I swear Ao is one of the only Asian girls that loses weight outside of Thailand then packs it on when she stays in Thailand!
    No mine is same worries all the time and then eats like horse in LOS.5555

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123