• 1 Post By PeteGill
  • 2 Post By Tingtong
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes
  • 4 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 7 Post By OZZYGUY

Thread: RACE TRACKS - world wide

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

RACE TRACKS - world wide

Some very wealthy people bought a big piece of property locally, beneath the mountain. They built a fine race track for other wealthy people to speed their hot, expensive cars around. On any given day you might see Ferraris, Porche, Masseratis, BMWs, Audis and who knows what. So far, I haven't heard about any actual races, but I imagine that will come. Right now it's like a private club for wealthy owners to play with their fast toys. It has a high steel fence surrounding it, so it's almost impossible for nosy people to see the track or the cars.... UNLESS YOU HAVE A DRONE.

Today I took a few pictures. I haven't used my drone in over a year because I was busy with other projects, and I'm still a little rusty. All the new upgrades are annoying when you are trying to fly the machine that has limited battery life.

obes likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    More fun than gold!

And probably cheaper.555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    More fun than sex!

And probably cheaper.555
    Fix it Wabbits....55

Looks interesting Ian, try get some drone footage on a race day.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    More fun than gold!

And probably cheaper.555
    I never tire of looking at YouTube videos of the Isle of Man TT races. The aerial coverage is superb, and the road side video is breath taking. There was only one car circling the Duncan track while I was there and he didn't appear to be going that quickly.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Track days are a big thing now so possibly it will be used exclusively for that and not actual races.
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I wish I was rich and had a sick track car , Id love to do that as hobby . Not race ..but go out on the track without speed restrictions .
    Ian Forbes and obes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Track days are a big thing now so possibly it will be used exclusively for that and not actual races.
    My father and I shared our family cars and sports cars depending on what was needed. We had a Nash Rambler station-wagon with pulmanizing seats that we took on long trips. It was a great shagging wagon and my girl friends loved it. Dad loved sports cars as much as me and we had several: 3 Austin Healeys (1958, 1962 & 1964), A Lotus, a Maserati that was always in the shop for repairs, and a Datsun 240Z. I would love to have any of them today except for the 1962 A. Healey. It had brass synchro-rings that were always wearing out. I think the Maserati 3500GT would be worth a pretty penny today. Dad got tired of waiting for parts sent from Italy.

We used to race our original, 1958 Austin Healey 3000 on the old Westwood track in Coquitlam. But, after a while it wasn't worth it when the very wealthy had their cars set up strictly for racing. We couldn't compete.
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Most motor sport is way to expensive for the average Jo.

On a few occasions when I was in business we had corporate days held by one of my suppliers AHG. It was always a race track type event. Usually with some skimpy girls too

Man I miss those days got to drive some fast cars on the bitumen track as well as dirt track speedway.

Remember one event they allowed us to drive our own cars after the event but only with a professional driver in the passengers seat. The ex had a nice little SLK AMG V8 Merc at the time so I took her car. Of course she didn’t know I was going to driver her car on a race track. But a few weeks later the suppler dropped off a nice framed photo to my workshop of me drifting the Merc around a corner with a cloud of smoke coming from the rear tyres....I think that added to our brake up......55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Nice looking track Ian !

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

On a few occasions when I was in business we had corporate days held by one of my suppliers AHG. It was always a race track type event. Usually with some skimpy girls too

Man I miss those days got to drive some fast cars on the bitumen track as well as dirt track speedway.
    Oh found some old pics...555

100_0003.JPG

100_0008.jpg

100_0016.JPG

i phone photos 107.jpg
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 9th May 2018 at 18:57.