Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you have a gay family member?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That comes off as sort of ignorant, no?

If his daughter is gay it doesn't mean she is going to ge attracted to all her friends
    I mean % wise it's likely she will be the only gay girl there

And if anything did happen, so what
    It would be no different than us trying to get on with girls when we were teenagers
    But it disrupts the hetero social mores and structure. Gay children with inexperienced parents. I imagine these days the schools have some sort of policies and procedures. Bathrooms? I hope Rak has some experienced people to discuss this with. instead of us mongers born during the Eisenhower administration..55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

I am sure Israel Folau could offer some spiritual guidance. Gays should repent their sins or they will burn in hell.

Until society does accept them as normal, they will feel under a different kind of pressure. I think Rak's daughter is lucky that she has a broadminded and intelligent dad... many gay people don't.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I am sure Israel Folau could offer some spiritual guidance. Gays should repent their sins or they will burn in hell.

Until society does accept them as normal, they will feel under a different kind of pressure. I think Rak's daughter is lucky that she has a broadminded and intelligent dad... many gay people don't.
    There is a big difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
    The fact that my daughter feels attracted to girls is about her orientation. She is not at the stage of "chasing after" girls for sex..
    And because of her orientation, she has to be very aware about the personal orientation and boundaries of others, as well as her own boundaries.

In general I think gay people are more careful and respectful towards the sexual identity of others.
    It's the heterosexual, testosterone-driven males that see opportunities where there are none and overstep boundaries.. 555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    There is a big difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
    The fact that my daughter feels attracted to girls is about her orientation. She is not at the stage of "chasing after" girls for sex..
    And because of her orientation, she has to be very aware about the personal orientation and boundaries of others, as well as her own boundaries.

In general I think gay people are more careful and respectful towards the sexual identity of others.
    It's the heterosexual, testosterone-driven males that see opportunities where there are none and overstep boundaries.. 555
    Yeah, but that sexual orientation will bring with it a particular type of stress... especially when they are young. That is what I am alluding to.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Yeah, but that sexual orientation will bring with it a particular type of stress... especially when they are young. That is what I am alluding to.
    Sure there is and will be, but it depends largely on how tolerant the environment is.

What I see with my daughter, is that the stress of puberty focuses more on grades, fashion, music, than on her orientation.
    She has collected a nice group of friends where this is no issue.

Maybe I should add, that in her recent "profile choice" at school, I advised her to steer away from the tech side and choose a profile with arts.
    It fits her and it's where her talent lies, but it is frowned upon and school- and peer pressure made her feel like she was ruining her possibilities.
    Yet I must admit that in the back of my head her orientation and "hard" versus "soft" work environment played a part in my thinking..
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    My 16 year old son has a Gay female friend, she always comes over for sleep overs.....well he tells me she is gay............55
    Quarky, justcruzing1 and PeteGill like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    My wifes youngest sister is gay, she is 26 and married a American chic yearlier this year. They both live in NYC and her parents are visiting them now. (wifes mother and her stepfather)

I was talking with my FIL a few weeks ago when he was at our place about gays. He is very open and supportive of his daughters choices and supports gays. The only thing that bothers him is he will never have a granchild and its his only child.

It wouldnt bother me if any of my kids were gay but I guess if I only had one not having grand kids would be a issue for me. But I would support my kids.

We have plenty of gay friends both in Aust and overseas.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    My 16 year old son has a Gay female friend, she always comes over for sleep overs.....well he tells me she is gay............55
    And I am sure that he has explained to her that he is lesbian too 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Slow internet... Double post

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^ Well they both like "Pussy" 555

Something to sort out the best ways to aquire and a common interest
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 11th May 2018 at 19:14.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    But not as much these days

This generation simply doesn't care if their peers are gay.....for the most part
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But not as much these days

This generation simply doesn't care if their peers are gay.....for the most part
    I would agree with that. My kids (now adults) are FAR more open and casual about gay people than my generation. But, I am speaking in generalities. I think most of us like to be around people who we have something in common with. That goes with everything in life. If you don't have anything in common with someone then why would you bother being friends. That doesn't mean you should be impolite to anyone... unless they act like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    And I am sure that he has explained to her that he is lesbian too 5555
    That reminds me of the old joke... "I didn't realize I was a lesbian until one told me all the things she likes to do with women." 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I'm not gay.... But my boyfriend is.... BAZINGA!!
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I'm not gay.... But my boyfriend is.... BAZINGA!!
    There is some truth to that, Rob. My lady friend in Chiang Mai works for a Thai man who has wealthy British gay boyfriend who pays all the bills. They are currently in England for 3 months on a "holiday". According to my lady friend, the Thai man is not gay and likes the ladies, but he can't pass up having an old, wealthy male "benefactor".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123