Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you have a gay family member?

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244

    Do you have a gay family member?

    I read a great NFL article every week, MMQB
    It is the most popular sports article in the US

    Written by Peter King for over 20years
    In it he also writes a lot about his personal life. He has two daughters and one is gay. But he never sort has addressed it. He just talks about her and her wife

    This week one of his readers thanked him and said "he was brave to talk so openly about his gay daughter".........he was giving him a compliment


    I found that odd.
    I just would never think of a parent being brave talking about their gay child. I guess maybe back a few decades ago


    My nephew is gay and my family is pretty conservative and no one batted and eyelash
    Even when talking to my conservative sisters I am actually surprised at how easy they speak about "Alex's boyfriend"
    I know they would never have treated Alex or anyone bad...........but I wouldn't have been surprised if they were uncomfortable talking about him

    We have a cousin Jeannie, she has been gay(well her whole life but since I was a baby
    And she is a very masculine type lesbian............a "butch"
    Even back 40 years ago no in our family would ever treat her bad but I think you could say we thought of her as an oddity(while still loving her)

    But now with my nephew I am pleasantly surprised that not one person ever has given it a second thought (well with the exception of his dad, my brother, who likes the attention of having a gay son)
    My other nephews, his cousins, couldn't give a damn one bit

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    The Right Wing hates gays until they find out their daughters are...55
    PeteGill likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Why is this still an issue? I thought the sexual revolution took place in the 60's hippies days...

    My daughter said she was gay when she was 13.

    And honestly, I didn't take it all that seriously.
    Not that I mind, but I advised her to not flaunt her sexuality until that sexuality has developed..
    Now she's 15 and has a girlfriend and I'm confused to let her sleep in the same room with her friend..
    If a boyfriend, at 15 I wouldn't have let that happen.. Does that make me hetrophobic? 555
    wabbits likes this.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Why is this still an issue? I thought the sexual revolution took place in the 60's hippies days...

    My daughter said she was gay when she was 13.

    And honestly, I didn't take it all that seriously.
    Not that I mind, but I advised her to not flaunt her sexuality until that sexuality has developed..
    Now she's 15 and has a girlfriend and I'm confused to let her sleep in the same room with her friend..
    If a boyfriend, at 15 I wouldn't have let that happen.. Does that make me hetrophobic? 555
    I never thought about sleepover parties when your teenage daughters are finger banging. That must be weird..55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Why is this still an issue? I thought the sexual revolution took place in the 60's hippies days...

    My daughter said she was gay when she was 13.

    And honestly, I didn't take it all that seriously.
    Not that I mind, but I advised her to not flaunt her sexuality until that sexuality has developed..
    Now she's 15 and has a girlfriend and I'm confused to let her sleep in the same room with her friend..
    If a boyfriend, at 15 I wouldn't have let that happen.. Does that make me hetrophobic? 555
    The point of my post is that it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue..........

    As for your daughter, I never slept in the same room as my gf when I was in my 20's at my mom's house or her family's house

    I'd never do that out of respect anyways........but it definitely was discouraged also

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I never thought about sleepover parties when your teenage daughters are finger banging. That must be weird..55
    Well I am sure Rak really didn't want to think about it either you mongrel!

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well I am sure Rak really didn't want to think about it either you mongrel!
    Why beat around the bush? 55
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well I am sure Rak really didn't want to think about it either you mongrel!
    Friends sleep over all the time! Just when one of the girls is labeled girlfriend, would I have to force them to sleep in different rooms?

    In honesty, a boyfriend would not sleep in her room.. Guess I am getting old..

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Why beat around the bush? 55
    14 yo's.. Is there any bush to beat around?

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Friends sleep over all the time! Just when one of the girls is labeled girlfriend, would I have to force them to sleep in different rooms?

    In honesty, a boyfriend would not sleep in her room.. Guess I am getting old..
    Oh I get it
    Yeah it really is a conundrum because your singling out the girl

    See these damn gay kids are such trouble 5555

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Friends sleep over all the time! Just when one of the girls is labeled girlfriend, would I have to force them to sleep in different rooms?

    In honesty, a boyfriend would not sleep in her room.. Guess I am getting old..
    That was my crude point. If daughters or sons are gay. Then sleepovers have to be restricted. No under the blankets together for one...55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    14 yo's.. Is there any bush to beat around?
    Rak, don't indulge him
    I will kick him in the nuts when I pick him up in Mexico for ya 5555

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Rak, don't indulge him
    I will kick him in the nuts when I pick him up in Mexico for ya 5555
    You're the one with the Puritan hang ups.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Oh I get it
    Yeah it really is a conundrum because your singling out the girl

    See these damn gay kids are such trouble 5555
    It's more like a heterosexual parent doesn't have a clue what happens (or not happens) is homosexual relationships.
    The feeling of "who am I to judge or decide on limits.. Whereas it was heterosexual interactions, I would be entitled to have an opinion and set borders..

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You're the one with the Puritan hang ups.
    Sorry I never sucked a pecker like yourself (not that there is anything wrong with that 5555)

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Rak, don't indulge him
    I will kick him in the nuts when I pick him up in Mexico for ya 5555
    Jeez.. respond as quick on American / Trump related issues!
    Surely they carry more weight than my daughters sexual development..

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sorry I never sucked a pecker like yourself (not that there is anything wrong with that 5555)
    Oh you think you're better because you only take it up the caboose? 55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    It's more like a heterosexual parent doesn't have a clue what happens (or not happens) is homosexual relationships.
    The feeling of "who am I to judge or decide on limits.. Whereas it was heterosexual interactions, I would be entitled to have an opinion and set borders..
    Well it is pretty easy to single out a boyfriend and not a girlfriend that is the same as all her friends

    That's on a younger kids sleepover

    As young adults, I'd imagine it would be the same rules, no?

    I wouldn't let my 22yr old son's gf sleep in his room, nor would I let me 22yr old daughter's gf

    But telling the 14yr old gf she has to leave her group of friends to sleep alone is a bit awkward

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well it is pretty easy to single out a boyfriend and not a girlfriend that is the same as all her friends

    That's on a younger kids sleepover

    As young adults, I'd imagine it would be the same rules, no?

    I wouldn't let my 22yr old son's gf sleep in his room, nor would I let me 22yr old daughter's gf

    But telling the 14yr old gf she has to leave her group of friends to sleep alone is a bit awkward
    Awkward but real life. If these young teens have embraced their homosexuality then they need to follow the social rules about sex. But eventually they won't tell their parents they are gay so they CAN have a lesbian sleepover...55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well it is pretty easy to single out a boyfriend and not a girlfriend that is the same as all her friends

    That's on a younger kids sleepover

    As young adults, I'd imagine it would be the same rules, no?

    I wouldn't let my 22yr old son's gf sleep in his room, nor would I let me 22yr old daughter's gf

    But telling the 14yr old gf she has to leave her group of friends to sleep alone is a bit awkward
    I just feel I honestly don't know..

    More honestly, I have had sex with 18 yo BG's in Thailand, so who am I to judge?

    Although I can talk to my daughter about pretty much anything, we both feel reluctant to get into the specifics of her relationship..

    I think my daughter is pretty smart and can hold her fortress so to speak, and in a life I have no knowledge of or experience in, I'd rather trust her than sprout my prejudice..

    Great full for the effort, but parental advice from childless guys?.. As said, I appreciate the effort...
    Quarky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •