Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Throwing in the Towel

  1. #1
    Platinum do ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    633

    Throwing in the Towel

    Just a general question , as this is a Thai Centric site i'm guessing most men here are with or into Asian Ladies

    But at what age or stage in life did BM's realise - whoa Western Women aren't for me ive got to start looking further afield for a lady to settle down with - be it Asia , south america , eastern Europe

    I don't want this thread to turn into a mudslinging match regarding ex wives or divorcee's and loosing property / pensions etc

    Im not a misogynist and each to their own , but at late 30's ( singe , no kids , reasonably solvent ) and been on more dates than i care to remember i'm sort of at the stage of life where im thinking you're average Western lady just isn't for me

  2. #2
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,891
    Yet to happen for me... still prefer western women on the whole. But I did go from never being attracted to SE Asian women at all... to being attracted to them in about 2006...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    Just a general question , as this is a Thai Centric site i'm guessing most men here are with or into Asian Ladies

    But at what age or stage in life did BM's realise - whoa Western Women aren't for me ive got to start looking further afield for a lady to settle down with - be it Asia , south america , eastern Europe

    I don't want this thread to turn into a mudslinging match regarding ex wives or divorcee's and loosing property / pensions etc

    Im not a misogynist and each to their own , but at late 30's ( singe , no kids , reasonably solvent ) and been on more dates than i care to remember i'm sort of at the stage of life where im thinking you're average Western lady just isn't for me
    Where are you from?

    Aren't there ethnic ladies available to meet and date?
    I'd imagine you could find any type of girl you want online dating

    I have nothing against white girls but I just always tended to date ethnic girls
    Being in NYC for most of my dating life it wasn't hard to find

    I went through a Puerto Rican phase, an Eastern European phase and an Asian phase
    With white girls mixed in 5555

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,447
    Not looking to settle down ...

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,550
    My first GF at 16 years old was Korean and the only Asian girl in my school at the time, I think it started then, I was doomed. IMO she was the hottest girl in the school but everyone teased her.

    Since then all my relationships excluding one were Asian lady’s from different nationalities.

    For me I am attracted to small build lady’s and preferable brown skin and long black hair. I’m not a big guy so I just cannot see myself with anyone bigger than me...55



    But the big thing for me is the way they act, personality, family connection, culture, positive attitude to life, and the food, love the food.

    The thing is Asian lady’s from all country’s are very different just like the food. You can be attracted to the "Asian look" but really you need to see what culture suits you IMO.

    My wife is not Thai, although I travel to LOS several times a year it made sense to be in a relationship with a Thai lass but I find it hard to deal with all that Buddhist stuff. No offence to anyone but as a long term relationship just something I didnt want to deal with..
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 13th May 2018 at 09:20.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    My first GF at 16 years old was Korean and the only Asian girl in my school at the time, I think it started then, I was doomed. IMO she was the hottest girl in the school but everyone teased her.

    Since then all my relationships excluding one were Asian lady’s from different nationalities.

    For me I am attracted to small build lady’s and preferable brown skin and long black hair. I’m not a big guy so I just cannot see myself with anyone bigger than me...55



    But the big thing for me is the way they act, personality, family connection, culture, positive attitude to life, and the food, love the food.

    The thing is Asian lady’s from all country’s are very different just like the food. You can be attracted to the "Asian look" but really you need to see what culture suits you IMO.

    My wife is not Thai, although I travel to LOS several times a year it made sense to be in a relationship with a Thai lass but I find it hard to deal with all that Buddhist stuff. No offence to anyone but as a long term relationship just something I didnt want to deal with..
    What Buddhist stuff?

    I'm not sure it really comes into play with our relationship

    But maybe you are talking something different and you might be right

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    What Buddhist stuff?

    I'm not sure it really comes into play with our relationship

    But maybe you are talking something different and you might be right

    Just all the ceremonies like when building a house, strings around your wrist, family members becoming monks, giving money to monks and temples and all that stuff.

    Ok Catholics have some stuff too but its more what we are use too in our culture.

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,056
    For me physically im attracted to Asian and Dark skin Lady's ....But Mentally I dont think I could take one on full time . My GF that ive been with for 14yrs is a Pacific Islander and English is her second language which she speaks well, but sometime the conversations are a bit tedious . We dont live together so id say that has helped with the longevity of our relationship.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Just all the ceremonies like when building a house, strings around your wrist, family members becoming monks, giving money to monks and temples and all that stuff.

    Ok Catholics have some stuff too but its more what we are use too in our culture.
    Oh
    Although I'm not into any of that (I'm not into my Catholic upbringing neither) all that stuff is just trivial to me

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    For me physically im attracted to Asian and Dark skin Lady's ....But Mentally I dont think I could take one on full time . My GF that ive been with for 14yrs is a Pacific Islander and English is her second language which she speaks well, but sometime the conversations are a bit tedious . We dont live together so id say that has helped with the longevity of our relationship.
    If someone is smart, and not saying your GF isn't, the language barrier is pretty easy to overcome
    My wife speaks pretty decent English
    But it's of course her 2nd language
    But she is smart enough that she can easily explain herself.....albiet in a different way at times. And sometimes in a hilarious way also!
    justcruzing1 and Tingtong like this.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Oh
    Although I'm not into any of that (I'm not into my Catholic upbringing neither) all that stuff is just trivial to me
    But Iím guessing its not trivial to your wife and as a supportive partner you sort of get dragged into it.

    Iím a atheist and although Janice is a Catholic she only goes to Church a few times a year. I can deal with that and I even go with her to support her. She always jokes and says I will catch on fire when walking in .....

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,766
    Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    Just a general question , as this is a Thai Centric site i'm guessing most men here are with or into Asian Ladies

    But at what age or stage in life did BM's realise - whoa Western Women aren't for me ive got to start looking further afield for a lady to settle down with - be it Asia , south america , eastern Europe

    I don't want this thread to turn into a mudslinging match regarding ex wives or divorcee's and loosing property / pensions etc

    Im not a misogynist and each to their own , but at late 30's ( singe , no kids , reasonably solvent ) and been on more dates than i care to remember i'm sort of at the stage of life where im thinking you're average Western lady just isn't for me
    That is a difficult question to reply to. I could speak from my own experiences, but not from anyone else's. I was married twice in Canada, and from my perspective, both marriages were a success, but ended when they should. They gave me my freedom back, which was and is a huge plus for me. I've been a single bachelor for 10 years longer as an old fart than I was as a young guy on the make hustling chicks.

    When my second marriage ended in 1996, I came to Thailand on the advice of a good friend who spent his winters there. That was the start of my new life.

    I've always been attracted to women with dark eyes and black hair. Both my ex-wives had dark hair and eyes. Asia was a perfect fit for me. A slim figure, great legs, a cute butt, long black hair and sparkling eyes is a natural magnet for me. Asia has a lot of those ladies. I'm not into big boobs, so that is not an issue.

    I was still working when I first came to Asia, and I took yearly, month long trips to Thailand and the Philippines. I "sampled" hundreds of Asian ladies on those visits.

    I've had a series of "light" relationships with Thai women for the past 20 years, but there was nobody I was head over heals in love with. And, the lady I was closest to, died last March. But, even then, when Pui and I were living together for 4 months, I knew we would never be husband and wife. However, it still hurts knowing that she is gone. She was a truly unique person who always thought of other people's interests before her own.

    Now, for the down side. From my experience, Thai women tend to be home bodies and have deep connections with their families still living in Thailand. If you married one, and you still had to work in your own country, be it North America, Europe or Australia, then you have to expect to be continually visiting Thailand on a regular basis. That is not quite the same as the Asian women from Japan, China or the Philippines. They seem to immigrate and settle in other countries quite easily. Again, I'm only speaking in generalities. If you would be happy living on a permanent basis in Thailand then there would be less problems... other than trying to make extra money.
    justcruzing1 and OZZYGUY like this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,056
    My GF is English is really good as they learnt it at school on the Island , But she does get stuck on a lot of "Bigger" words or English words that are mixed with other languages , french eg .
    We have a bit of fun with words and the other day I jokingly referred to her as being Delirious 55, she didnt know what It means and when I explained it to her she laughed her head off and kept saying it.
    I have to admit I shouldn't talk as my spelling is terrible and I rely on spell check constantly .

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    My GF is English is really good as they learnt it at school on the Island , But she does get stuck on a lot of "Bigger" words or English words that are mixed with other languages , french eg .
    We have a bit of fun with words and the other day I jokingly referred to her as being Delirious 55, she didnt know what It means and when I explained it to her she laughed her head off and kept saying it.
    I have to admit I shouldn't talk as my spelling is terrible and I rely on spell check constantly .
    My wifes English and spelling is better than mine, its not becasue she is smart its because im a dumb shit............55
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 13th May 2018 at 10:51.
    PeteGill, Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    But I’m guessing its not trivial to your wife and as a supportive partner you sort of get dragged into it.

    I’m a atheist and although Janice is a Catholic she only goes to Church a few times a year. I can deal with that and I even go with her to support her. She always jokes and says I will catch on fire when walking in .....
    I don't consider it being dragged
    It is just something that is important so I am a willing participant

    At the Monk ceremony they told me I didn't have to stay(the Farang exemption I call it)
    But A) I don't do the Farang Exemption.....I never have, even from the start. Its disrespectful, IMO
    B) I'm genuinely interested in different things so I can always get something out of it


    My wife isn't hugely religious either
    The one thing I wouldn't of done is gone to Thai temple here in Vancouver
    We went a couple times and its filled with so many Thaiphiles. Dudes wearing their Yellow King shirts, not shutting the fxuk up about Thailand
    That I wouldn't have done but she never wanted to go back either

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    My GF is English is really good as they learnt it at school on the Island , But she does get stuck on a lot of "Bigger" words or English words that are mixed with other languages , french eg .
    We have a bit of fun with words and the other day I jokingly referred to her as being Delirious 55, she didnt know what It means and when I explained it to her she laughed her head off and kept saying it.
    I have to admit I shouldn't talk as my spelling is terrible and I rely on spell check constantly .
    To be honest I miss the little English screw ups. They are less and less now

    The one word my wife almost died laughing at. Literally she was joking
    Some asshole wouldn't let me turn in traffic so I called him a dickhead
    My wife asked "what is dickhead?"
    I explained it and she thought it was the funniest thing she ever heard

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,766
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    My wifes English and spelling is better than mine, its not becasue she is smart its because im a dumb shit............55
    Not dumb. It's just that it's not important to you like it is for others. I was forced to improve my spelling when I became a writer. Even today I have to constantly use spell check when words don't look right. Sometimes, I just choose a different word to explain the same thing.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,589
    I am very much a repeat of an Forbes.

    2 marriages but didn't go well, both were redheads with white skin and freckles.

    Many many live in relationships that some lasted longer than my marriages.

    I wasn't attracted to asians and never had a permanent one, did screw a few when single and working bouncer, we were considered trophies by a lot of girls just flexing their sexual revolution so to speak. ( Oh it's terrible to be in the Meat market 555 )

    Funny, looking back now, if it was happening the same today you could have charged some of them with sexual harassment.

    In High School a mate had an asian girlfriend, I think she was Japanese or could have been Chinese. I liked her but we were never close.

    She was so small and petite almost like a wedgewood china doll. 5 ft nothing and Ian was 6ft 4in we reckoned they would carry a timber fruit box around just so she could stand on it to kiss him goodnight 5555555

    My view on things are different to yours and others, for example i was born not too long after the 2nd world war and Asian were the enemy to Australia in my growing up.

    God it was bad enough that I was marring a Presbyterian not a Catholic my 1st time, it caused a stir, had to apply for permission from the Bishop of aust. to marry in the church AND she had to attend lessons on Catholicism and sign a document saying any children in the marriage would be raised as Catholics. can you imagine if it was a Japanese girl then???

    So to answer the question I found myself looking at TG's when I was 50 and feed up to the teeth with western woman.

    a lot of it is physical, the youthful appearance, a 45yr old looks 30, love the tan and so smooth skin and long black hair.

    A lot of it is the different culture and attitude as well.

    Maybe I am a dinosaur I like my woman to be attentive and to expect me to treat them right, open doors for them, stand up from the table when they come in, push the chair back for them etc.

    I guess you will have to just take the plunge and try a relationship with one to see how you go, but remember just like in the west there are good and bad girl's out there.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,927
    Germaine Greer has a lot to answer for?

    don't think she got a foothold in Asia 55
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 13th May 2018 at 12:01.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,051
    I think you lose a bit of a connection being in a relationship with someone from a different culture
    Not enough to make it a no-go

    But just little things
    A lot from your childhood and teen years she just won't get and understand

    Like music. Which sounds inconsequential but plays a big part in our lives.

    Here's one for me:
    July 4th is such a big holiday for us. I can't explain it but it just has so much meaning. Not anything to do with Patriotic
    But more nostalgia of growing up and hanging with your family
    I think people love it because there is no pressure to it like the other holidays
    So it's just hard to explain but my wife doesn't "get it" like a Western girl would.
    She is not in the same mind frame as a Western girl would be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •